The science of an ideal sport.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Nov 9, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Ok I wanted to post something a little bit diff.

What are the ideal components of the ideal sport? Can we take the best of the sports played and make a new sport?

What are your views, what is the attraction of a good sport?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Cheerleaders.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

HOT cheerleaders, and they have to be hot

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

physical contact

skimpy clothing

agression

good physique/looks of players

the game should be mixed sex rugby in mud

8. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Gladiatorial combat and a massive orgy at the same time.

9. Roman Banned Banned

Bloodsport.

10. Tnerb Banned Banned

tor, why is it you are always close, but no cigar?
    ya see.. when I saw this thread, I was like, "the SCIENCE.. of an ideal sport hmmm ok! .. plenty of experiences with that line of thou.. ght..." OK! let's see what the other exista's have to say... then comes tor with a hammer.. WAM! i'm a woman gonna grab your nuts off if you try to beat my team .. just rambling off on a line of thought that is completely irrelevent to the .. subject..

the science of an ideal sport could very well be rapping.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

eh?

12. Tnerb Banned Banned

whattdya mean eh?

13. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Full contact football (soccer) where you're allowed to use your hands on the ball.

Even if somebody doesn't have the ball you can lunge at their ankles, headbutt them, etc.

Gang tactics (American football style) would be best to get the ball past the 2 goal keepers. Goals would be lacrosse sized to increase intensity.

Each team would have 40 players and the pitch would be American football sized - 100yds.

14. sderenzi Banned Banned

The science of any ideal sport requires an understanding of those playing it, particularly in relation to the geographical region. No eskimo's will be playing outside anytime soon, not that I am aware of anyway.

What I would suggest is that there are people who like all kinds of things we term sports but these events may be far from sporty. Things like fighting, silent ball, etc.

Now if you want the ideal sport just think about the ones you hate to play, then imagine what combining the most favorite ones you have into a single unified game would be like?

Kinda hard to be more specific than that.

PS My favorite sport would need to be chasing after ToR

15. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I would not run from you
    I would (as Brent detailed earlier) do something unpleasant (forget exactly what he said) to your nuts.

16. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

This is a visual representation of the game I suggested above.

Its name: SCRAMBALL

As you can see, the two teams (of 40 players each) are marked on the field.

The pair of goalkeepers for each team are recommended to be large men as they'll need to deal with group attacks from the opposing team, aiming to score a goal. Goalkeepers may carry large sticks to ward off members of the opposite team.

Each player will wear studded boots which must not be used to assault another player above waist height.

The meltdown pad is basically where kickoff happens. Although there is a twist in scramball. Four players from each time surround the meltdown pad and must jump up and down until the ball is released. The ball is released from the ground by a spring mechanism which will shoot the ball around 4 foot into the air and the timing is random. Anywhere up to one minute.

The scramzones are used by Blitzers. Blitzers speciality is to run through opposing team members and attempt a score on goal. At four points throughout the game (generally after a goal has been scored) a siren will blow four times. Each team has 2 attempts to score a goal this way. The scramzone is selected by the Blitzer. No other team member may be forward of the scramzone until the Blitzer is moving. As many of the opposing team wishing to block the way of the Blitzer are allowed to stay at a minimum of 5 yards from the scramzone.

A game lasts 60 minutes - two halves of 30 minutes each.
    If a player is injured, his teams crew are allowed to come onto the pitch to collect him, but the game is not stopped.
    Assaulting the opposing teams crew is seen as bad form, but not punishable.

17. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I like it. I like it a lot. Yes, I'd pay to watch this. I would like to see the violence quotient upped tenfold - spiked helmets and the like - but finding sufficient <s>victims</s> personnel could be a problem. Maybe we could use prisoners jailed for crimes of violence. Or just prisoners in general. The Psychopathic Killers vs The Paedophiles would be good.

You need to work a a bit of sex in there too. We want sex and violence. We want it now.

PS Love the game's name by the way, and the terminology (scramzones; meltdown pad; blitzers). They're pretty sexy in and of themselves.