Great minds of Sciforums! I need your help!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Ganymede, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

I'm in a quandry here. I'm trying to find a website that goes into detail about the anthroplogical record of North Africa. Believe it or not it's a challenge trying to find a source of information that deals with the bone structure and genetic make up of Ancient northern Africans. Thank you in advance for your help

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Consult the Alexandria Library.

Oh, that's right. They burned it down.

Bastids!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Looks like I'm not the only one who's lacking knowledge of ancient north africa

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Your need is not mine, dude.

And what do you personally know of Lorentz Transforms?

8. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Just making a rhetorical point. Not trying to step all over your request.

We can both agree there are things we each don't know.

9. Roman Banned Banned

That I definitely don't get it.

10. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Ok, I think I've found some information that might be helpful. I know alot of people are very passionate about Northern Africa. And alot of people claim that Ancient Africa was populated with light skinned people with caucasiod features. But if you believe in the "out of africa theory" Wouldn't Black Africans "The first Mordern Humans" populate the northern part of the continent? Here's an article about the oldest skull found in Northern Africa.

1980 Discovery in Upper Egypt:

35,000-30,000 years ago: "Oldest human skeleton found in Egypt". Nazlet Khater man was the earliest modern human skeleton found near Luxor, in 1980. The remains was dated from between 35,000 and 30,000 years ago. The report regarding the racial affinity of this skeleton concludes: "Strong alveolar prognathism combined with fossa praenasalis in an African skull is suggestive of Negroid morphology [form & structure]. The radio-humeral index of Nazlet Khater is practically the same as the mean of Taforalt (76.6). According to Ferembach (1965) this value is near to the Negroid average." The burial was of a young man of 17-20 years old, whose skeleton lay in a 160cm- long narrow ditch aligned from east to west. A flint tool, which was laid carefully on the bottom of the grave, dates the burial as contemporaneous with a nearby flint quarry. The morphological features of the Nazlet Khater skeleton were analysed by Thoma (1984). The 35,000 year old skeleton was examined using multivariate statistical procedures. In the first part, principal components analysis is performed on a dataset of mandible dimensions of 220 fossils, sub-fossils and modern specimens, ranging in time from the Late Pleistocene to recent and restricted in space to the African continent and Southern Levant.
    Thoma A., Morphology and Affinities of the Nazlet Khater Man; Journal of Human Evolution, vol. 13, 1984.

http://www.homestead.com/wysinger/blackegypt101.html

11. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

That website is black supremacist crap, Ganymede.

12. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

And Please, lets just argue the science. Not your subjective beliefs. That's why I want to get more information about Ancient North African Anthropology. The only sites I can find information are on "Afrocentrist" sites. And all the other sites that argue what the Northern African "weren't" never support their statements with independently verifiable scientific evidence.

13. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Thank you for your reply Prince James. Have you ever conducted any research about Ancient North African Anthroplogy? If so where can I get non-biased scientific information from. It seems that the Afrocentrist sumpermecist sites are the only ones that support their allegations with scientific proof.

14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Do you believe it is possible to tell the skin color of an ancient man by looking at their bones? Their bone and facial features can be anything. How can you prove their skin color?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You can test for melanin dosage under the skin of mummified Egyptians. I think it has also been used to identify race for burn victims in modern times

16. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Without being an anthropologist, but with knowledge based on observation and simple deduction I would say that the original peoples of North Africa were probably a mixture of East African negroes travelling northwards and caucasians that arrived east of the Nile and south from Europe. For negroes to have arrived from west Africa would have been extremely difficult due to the Sahara and Atlas mountains.