Physically Practical Clothing

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lixluke, Nov 4, 2006.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

This is not about social or cultural practicality. This is not about fasion or attracting others either. If you are interested in that, exit. This is about the physical practicality of clothing. Example: Wearing clothes in an office irrelevant of formalities and culture.

I personally believe in any moderate climate, clothing is more practical than walking around naked. Now that that is out of the way.

There is no practicality in wearing ties, collars shirts, buttons, etc. Zippers on jeans are less practical than velcro. There is absolutely no point in suits, dress shoes, or any type of formal wear.

Say you wanted a uniform to wear everyday. Male and female in a physical sense count only in terms of underwear. Do you believe females require different footware? Well it's a marketing myth created by shoe companies. Their scientists that purport this are paid to purport this. Female foot sizes and male foot sizes vary according to individual. Not according to gender.

Really the only physical gender differences are in the underwear. Some people don't even like to wear underwear, but I think underwear is physically practical and important. Women wear bras and panties. Men wear briefs. Other than that, everything else including footwear is the same according to gender, but different only in terms of individual human sizes.

STANDARD
    Practical FOR normal weather/indoor day wear:
    Socks
    Briefs/Bras/Panties
    Jeans w/ velcro fly
    Slacks
    Sweat pants
    Shorts
    T-shirt (no collar): c-neck, v-neck, tanktops/tubetops.
    Sneakers includnig open toe sandals
    Anything else?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

If you are alone in the world

for warm weather you are naked and bare footed

unless you need clothing for protection

in luke warm weather you wear a robe

cold/freexzing weather, you wear a fur type material

Clothing when alone is for function, protection and warmth only

There is NO need for underwear or any kind of modesty protection if you are alone in the world. NONE. No need for gender specific clothing.

Before my kids, I never wore clothes at home. Why did I need them? It was private, it was warm.

The end

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Robes are much more comfortable and practical than pants. Velcro can wake the dead it's so loud. Not great if you're trying to avoid predators or hunt prey. Laces, buttons, or zippers are preferable to that.

As for footwear, that depends on what you're doing. For running and jumping, I don't think anything quite compares to modern footwear. Protection from the ground in heat is of course best offered by sandals, though I'd still rather wear sneakers to keep out rocks and dirt. Boots are best for hostile climates, of course. In very comfortable climates and terrains, why not walk around barefoot?

Because fashion is not an issue, the only value of clothing is its ability to protect the wearer from the elements. In that sense, it doesn't matter what you wear; and if it's a warm day, you're well off lounging about in the nude. Don't try running with your privates dangling about, though. Make yourself a diaper. It doesn't matter how it looks, right? So now you have a portable bathroom, if you don't like the idea of leaving your shit around for any boar or wolf to track.

Best of all is skin-tight molded rubber, of course. If it's good enough for Batman, it's good enough for anyone.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Normal weather where? Umnak, Death Valley, Singapore, the Serengeti?

8. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

How is underwear not necessary?
    Underwear is a requirement. I wear underwear when I am alone. I walk around in underwear boxerbriefs and white undershirt when I am alone.

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Boots are good for outdoor nature terrain, but I think the best for footwear for the city and indoor buildings is sneakers. I don't even like wearing sandals out. Sneakers allow you to run and be active in any condition.

Even working in an office, the same outfit is way more practical than the crap they wear. Ideal for office: T-shirt, jeans/slacks, sneakers. Not ties and suits.

As for outdoors, I thought robes might be a good idea, but I do not think I could wear robes outdoors. Jeans or slacks, t-shirt, and sneakers have been good for me.

10. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Lixluke:

What are you? Some crazy survivalist?

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I would like to see how survivalism has the least bit relevance to anything discussed in this thread.

12. candy Valued Senior Member

For comfort nothing is better than sweat pants and sweat shirt.

13. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

I don't like the elastic. I really would much rather wear robes or a toga.

14. Roman Banned Banned

If there was no one else on the planet, one would assuem they'd have to take care of theirself– hunt, flee predators, explore, etc.

A robe or toga would be absolutely worthless. In the way all the time. Robes an togas are as socially designed as jeans or dresses.

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Irrelevant.
    I guess some people just don't know what an example is.
    Example changed.

16. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

For office work, the most practical is a comfortable robe and socks (no shoes).

17. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

you tell me why it IS neccessary when you are alone?

do you drip?

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

as you are alone in the world, there will not be 'at the office' wear as you will not be going to 'the office' what office? Why an office?

You haven't really thought this through have you?

19. mountainhare Banned Banned

I'd love to wear a robe and a cloak. That would kick ass!

20. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Yeah, but no elastic.

I mean, when you get right down to it, you really do need a skin-tight rubber costume with a utility belt for maximum comfort and functionality. But why carry around a grappling hook if you're just picking apples?

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Just like Roman, you do not know what an example is.
    Furthermore, walking around naked and wearing underwear is a human spcific choice on what is more physically practical for them. Underwear is physically necessary for some, and physically unecessary for others.
    What is your point? That underwear is not physically necessary for anybody? I suppose you do not believe a bed is physically necessary because concrete is comfortable enough for people to sleep on.

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

What about spandex? Maybe office conditions would be better if we all wore spandex outfits.

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

To keep those monster mams of yours from sagging to your kneecaps maybe?