Karate Crap

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by mountainhare, Nov 2, 2006.

1. mountainhare Banned Banned

I'm just curious, but why are the Karate Kid films so popular? It was on TV for the fifty millionth time last night, and after suffering through 10 minutes of it, I can't understand why it was such an Earth shaker.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

You too can learn ancient Asian moves and have fine adventures!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

Mountainhare, you ever studied a martial art? Been in a competition? I certainly was reminded of competitions I was in by this movie.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mountainhare Banned Banned

Phlog
    Yes. And I don't remember our instructor even making us wax his cars in order to teach us how to block.

Or being told to use the 'crane kick' to bring about a decisive tournament victory.

Karate Kid is a load of crap. It's pathetic bullshit. You're better off watching Bruce Lee.

8. mountainhare Banned Banned

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

10. mountainhare Banned Banned

phlog:
    Yeah, because we expect a movie named 'Bloodsport' to be identical to tournament fighting seen in real life, right? DUMBASS!. I guess 'Predator' is an iffy film, because Arnold isn't anything like a 'real life' marine.
    Seriously, where have the Sciforums bouncers gone? You need to be evicted from this forum before your stupid contaminates it.

Anyway, you miss the point that Van Damme actually knows what the hell he is doing in Bloodsport. Yeah, how dare I claim that a film with adults who have years of martial arts, body building, acrobatic and ballet experience, is somehow superior to a dumb shit kid and an old grandpa.

As a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, I can say that the Karate Kid is shit. End of story. Karate Kid is boring, predictable, unrealistic (10 times more unrealistic that 'Bloodsport', or 'Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone'), lame, poorly choreographed bullshit. It's got nothing on Bloodsport, Fist of Fury, Kickboxer.

Hell, the notion that Dux from Bloodsport learnt how to fight while blind is more credible than some dumbshit kid learning how to block via waxing cars and painting fences. Or having his leg miraculously healed by that old fraud with his dumbass 'Chi'.

11. draqon Banned Banned

perhaps checking out this site will make you understand the beauty of martial arts: www.bilang.com

12. phlogistician Banned Banned

As a practioner of Martial Arts, you should know that both Mr Miyagi and Karate are Japanese. 'Chi' is a Chinese concept about energy flow, and is discussed in CHINESE philosophy, as well as being utilised in Martial Arts such as Kung Fu, and Tai CHI. The closest there is to 'Chi' in Karate is the Kiai, meaning 'mind and spirit', the short yell used to concentrate power into a strike.

Anyway, 'The Karate Kid' rocks, and u suck. Deal with it.

13. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Also, the yell is for breathing(in case you get hit).

14. mountainhare Banned Banned

phlog:
    Oh really, are they? Jeez fuckwit, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Oh fuck, reallllyyy?! Because I seem to remember being told that Chi is quite similar to Kiai. Either ways, its fucking semantics. If you actually had any concept of logic, you'd know that this does not affect my case in the slightest. The fact that Miyagi was able to heal the kids leg with 'Kiai' (or Chi, or whatever the fuck it was) is BULLSHIT.

Chi, Kiai, or prismatic spray. Karate kid is still shit.

A lot of losers like Karate Kid, and I think I know why. A weedy, weakling, retarded kid is bashed up by bullies for a fair proportion of the show (and I'm sure a large proportion of the losers who enjoyed this show were consistently bullied). And then, he finally gets revenge.

That's why this show is so popular with losers. It's an inspiration. If a retard like Daniel San is able to 'master' Karate and kick the ass of his much bigger bullies by painting the fence and practising masturbation, any loser should be able to do so! Right?

15. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Mountainhare:

Can you shut the fuck up, mind mush? Seriously. You're having a shit hemorrhage here and acting like a child.

Someone put a fucking gag in this idiot's mouth.

16. draqon Banned Banned

...I believe your words are in violation of the sf laws. unless of course if you are the mod who designed those laws...and no do not follow them...but do Gods follows laws they themselves made?:bugeye:

17. mountainhare Banned Banned

dragon:
    I already understand the beauty of martial arts, thanks. That's irrelevant. Even if I understand the beauty of fencing, that doesn't mean I'll enjoy the sub-par fencing scenes in "Robin Hood" by Errol Flynn (although ironically, that movie still kicked ass, unlike Karate Kid).

What exactly is there in Karate Kid which demonstrates the 'Wow' of Karate? Daniel San painting the fence? Daniel San doing a shitty crane kick to somehow win the deciding point in a tournament(bloody unrealistic. Not only did the kick look ridiculous, I've never seen it used once successfully in a tournament. It's used in katas though...). Miyagi dodging the punches of that Dojo guy so that he hits the windows behind him? Oh wow, great martial arts scenes! They are just right up there with Bruce Lee when he fights an entire school of Japanese Karate students in Fist of Fury, or when Van Damme fights numerous enemies in Bloodsport.

18. mountainhare Banned Banned

Prince James:
    Hmm, another loser kid who got beaten up for his entire childhood, and hence turned to Karate Kid as a source of comfort. Now I know why you are a Conservative. Only Conservatives and Republicans are stupid enough to enjoy shit like "Karate Kid".

19. draqon Banned Banned

personally cinema I think is sh**. The real martial arts is within individuals who care for the tai-kwan-do or say judo...or karate. Which do you prefer? I love judo...I studied it.

20. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I'm not up to date with my political propoganda, but I thought democrats were supposed to be the pussies?

21. mountainhare Banned Banned

dragon:
    Judo seems to be the most practical. I never really thought Tae Kwon Do was very useful for self defense. It's good as an art form, but not for street fighting...

Oni:
    Democrats are pussies.
    Republicans are pussies AND retards.

22. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Boxing is the most fun, and if you can stay off the ground, it can be really practical.
    That's what it was.

23. draqon Banned Banned

now everyone's retard...democrats and republicans.