Choose Your Government

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Oct 27, 2006.

?

I Want

Poll closed Nov 25, 2006.
  1. Absolute Monarchy

3.4%
  2. Anarchy

17.2%
  3. Aristocracy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Autocracy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Chiefdom

3.4%
  6. Communism

3.4%
  7. Constitutional Monarchy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Democracy

3.4%
  9. Despotism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Dictatorship

3.4%
  11. Fascism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Federal Republic

3.4%
  13. Fundamentalism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Islamic Republic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Meritocracy

3.4%
  16. Monarchy

6.9%
  17. Republic

10.3%
  18. Single-Party State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Social Democracy

17.2%
  20. Oligarchy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Theocracy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Tyranny

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. Other

24.1%
  1. sderenzi Banned Banned

Select your preferred type of governing body from the list provided. In the instance you cannot locate it then mark "Other" and post the kind you'd like.

Pretend you have the choice and are absolute in authority! Tell us about some of the things you would do, what you'd change, how you'd build your society.

My Answer: I would be a dictator, I would control every facet of society. In general I would be kind, allowing those people that are hard working to earn a decent living. I would mostly organize the social structure, not really prevent much. I certainly would abolish religions, but then who wouldn't. As for marriage, this is stupid so I'd rid us of it forever by outlawing it.

Also to help ease costs of development in the nation I would regulate how many children couples could pop out of her silly womb. 1 per!

Now it wouldn't stop there, we'd be in for a special treat because I would kill all the criminals immediately that reside in our prisons, thus freeing up almost all of the nation for a better, kinder life. We'd do screening on everyone to determine if they were violent, an if so medicate them.

I might also decide to kill all the homeless people, afterall they're mostly drug addicts and people that cannot contribute to society in anyway. Or we might just help them, put them up in special housing that isn't to bad, get them on their feet. Give free counseling as well.

Umm let me think.. I'd get rid of automobiles, the entire concept was stupid anyway, oil is non-renewable therefore it can't be a resource, ever! No resource that is a resource can be called non-renewable, calling it that just makes people think it is one.

As for woman, well, all dictators have an obligation to take a few brides. In this case because I've outlawed marriage we'd need to just have them my sex partners, but ehh.

Finally, umm it would be against the law to not have highspeed + a computer, if you did not we'd provide you with a center nearby that does.

That's just to help things get going, an you?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

I vote Robocratic (or I would if I could).

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

I vot for government controlled by robots. but wait...the choise isnt there...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Anarchy is ideal, but we are as of yet, less than ideal.

8. sderenzi Banned Banned

This bites, had I known there were such a thing as Robocratic I'd certainly have picked that instead!

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I think being ruled by a corrupt group of robot elders sounds quite nice.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i pick 'no government'.

11. Rosnet Philomorpher Registered Senior Member

Wow! Meritocracy!

I didn't know the idea existed. I thought it was just something that I came up with. Hm... I see it's pretty old... Well anyway it probably is a somewhat different from what I think, but heck it'll do for now.

12. Rosnet Philomorpher Registered Senior Member

Wait, who chose Communism??? Speak up, people!

13. Rosnet Philomorpher Registered Senior Member

Oh and one more for anarchy and two for republic, and two for social democracy! Who are you? I hate it when people vote anonymously...

(No voting at all in Meritocracy, I hope (at least not in my version)).

14. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Its a public poll.

15. Rosnet Philomorpher Registered Senior Member

Yeah. But I hate it.

It's not how many people that voted that really matters. Their reasons are more important (since this <I>is</I> a forum, if for nothing else). I know, I havent' given reasons for my choice, but I will when someone asks. I don't want to spend a lot of time typing what no one is going to read. I do that a lot already...

16. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

I choose banana!

17. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I choose a constitutional, democratic republic which guarantees the natural rights and liberties of everyone. 'Democracy' was the best fit, as it was adequately generic. I also contemplated choosing 'social democracy' though.

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Meliocracy.
    This is what I call a government founded on real principals of meliorism. Not on any of the crap posted above.

19. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Fuck the man.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Democracy is retarded. People unfortunately tend to make stupid decisions. They would make better decisions if they were properly educated. If they were taught logic, for example.

That's why I like anarchy. Anarchy is only possible when everyone is wise enough to make decent decisions. Then we can all function without a government. Unfortunately, we are very very far away from that....

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Anarchy is way far worse.
    Rules and procedures hane to be defined. Anarchy is an unethical breedinground for injustice.

22. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

An Anarchistic Representative Direct Democracy.....

with an underlaying constitutional foundation for insureing basic rights freedoms and the in-ability of the direct democracy to take those rights away, no matter if the vote was 100%.

freedom must work both ways... freedom from the state, and freedom from the mob rule mentality.

thus.

an Anarchistic.... freedom.
    Representative.... meaning elected officials to do logistics.
    direct Democracy... gives almost full power to the people.

with the constitution... being the guiding '''limiting''' document for organizing everything....

-MT

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

This makes no sense. Anarchy is nothing but injustice. Roles and rules have to be clearly defined.
    You cannot simply make assumptions, and let people do whatever they want.
    Who gets to be in charge? You cannot break rules unless there are rules.
    You cannot hold anybody accountable for murder or anything unless it is clearly stated in advance as a violation, and has a consequence.