News: Woman Harassed

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Oct 25, 2006.

1. sderenzi Banned Banned

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

What is your opinion?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

I think it's a link.

Nicely done though, seeing how I can't manage to get links to post since the revamp.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I'm especially fond of the sequence of numbers at the end.

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I suspect she set him up

9. Just_Not_There Do I Look Like I Care?! Registered Senior Member

You never know with these things. He might have harassed her, he might not have. She might just be pissed off cos she got sacked and made up a whole load of shit to get the guy in trouble. Seems unlikely if she's got tapes. Anyway, who cares? These things happen all the time all over the world, I would be surprised to see it in my local paper...let alone in a 'world events' forum almost 3 months after the report...over a year after the event itself. What is that makes you feel so strongly about this to post it up here, now?

edit: I'll take that back, since I'm no longer in the world events forum. I suppose you're entitled to free thoughts. Apologies, the world events forum put me in a bad mood

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  10. sderenzi Banned Banned

Pussy's always a good motivation.

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Women are abused every day. Unfortunately, harrassment laws are too. It's hard to know whom to believe. If she's got tapes that would be enough for her to win her case in the USA. It still doesn't mean that she wasn't also harrassing her customers, but if she was, the guy was an idiot for continuing to hit on an employee who was bad for business.

It's always dangerous to try to start a personal relationship with someone who works for you, and doubly so if they are of the opposite sex. If their work turns bad, what are you going to do?

12. sderenzi Banned Banned

I thought it was against the law to record someones conversation without them consenting, isn't that inadmissable as evidence and therefore of no help to her in court?

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

In the U.S. it's illegal for a phone conversation. I don't know what the laws are for face-to-face conversations. They do it all the time on TV shows, you'd think that if it were illegal, the issue would have come up on one of the shows by now.