Saw 3- Let The Games Begin...

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Genji, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Genji Registered Senior Member

Saw III (2006) movies.aol.com
    Well I tried to copyand paste the trailer but I can't figure it out!
    Anyway, I can't wait to see this. I loved the first two and look forward to Jigsaw's new contestants.
    I only wish he chose people WORTHY of such cruelty. So far he targets people that haven't done much terribly wrong: A guy attempted suicide and he gets 'picked?' A girl was an addict and she's targeted, a dude is hired to follow & photograph an adulterer? And gets picked for a nasty ending, etc.
    He should choose REALLY bad people like child rapists, animal abusers & conservatives.
    Anyway, if you see it post your thoughts here!!!!
    And whom would YOU choose as contestants if YOU were Jigsaw??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

Also, can anyone post a link to the trailer??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

Gays, Jews and Gyspsies.

Oh wait, that one's been done. On the History Channel.

A lot.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

Never seen the Saw movies, what kind of s**t goes down in these movies?

8. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Some sick, sick s**t. They're hard to watch even for hardened gorehounds. I suspected after the last one that Jigsaw would be dead in this one, and that the druggie from the first film would take over his role, but it says in the synopsis I read that she's his apprentice and they're on the run. I can't wait.

9. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i wont spoil it but some of the bits i have seen are very good, and redarmy i find it quite tame compared to some of takeshi mikes shit

10. Roman Banned Banned

It's not that gory. It never even showed the guy sawing off his own leg! It just makes you think about really horrible things that you would do to yourself to survive.

The movies are about people failing the gom jabbar.

11. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Saw II was a bit stupid....nerve gas that takes 2 hours to kill you? Don't think so.

12. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

SAW was hyped quite a lot by the time it reached us here in the UK, and I was disappointed. SAW II started out ok, but fell flat half way through and didn't recover.
    SAW III? The trailer seems good, but then again I thought the same about SAW and SAW II.
    As for gore, it's on a par with films like The Hills Have Eyes remake (which is a lot more disturbing).

13. Genji Registered Senior Member

In small amounts it could take alot longer. Exposure to minute levels of toxins can build up over decades even and then result in problems. So it is possible to release traces of a chemical agent that would take time to affect a human.

Also the movie is a horror flick, not a documentary on nerve agents.

14. Genji Registered Senior Member

I like the atmosphere the Saw movies create. Very well done. No monsters, no supernatural dolls hiding in the walls, just a brilliant psycho and his chosen players, all there for a reason. Might be a ripoff of Seven but I love the Saw films. Link someone? To a trailer?? PLEASE?!

15. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Not really, seen far gruesome stuff.

Ironically the one scene, ONLY, one scene I can't stomach is not from any slasher/gore/horror flick but from a movie about a pregnant woman who is raped.

The movie is Irreversible and the scene of her getting raped is shot so graphically, no weird angles or missing elements which leave the audience to fill in the blanks, nope, the director shows you the ordeal in graphic detail.

Never sat through the whole scene.

16. Roman Banned Banned

I don't like the MTV-esque footage that is used as substitution for gore or actual acting in the Saw movies.

17. Genji Registered Senior Member

I don't see any MTV anything in the Saw movies. I just know I can almost smell the rooms they're in and feel the fear. The yellowish filmstock is superb for the genre.

18. Roman Banned Banned

All the unneccessary zooms, shaking the camera, wild pans and music being played? Doesn't strike you as MTV? Did you watch TV in the 80s? I hear MTV practically invented the whole "no-style style."

19. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Yup.

Only Guy Ritchie pulls it off in his movies, otherwise it's annoying and should be left for commercials.

20. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i could put the Jigsaw guy to shame, im sure.

22. Genji Registered Senior Member

23. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

I actually enjoyed watching those people die, the acting was so shite, I felt nothing for them.

I enjoyed watching that cop kick the f*** out of jigsaw, jigsaw is always going on about hows hes hard, I remember him saying how he knows true pain, he survived a car accident and pulled out some pole from his stomach, something like that, it was funny to see the cop go up to jigsaw twist his finger and have him screaming like a little baby, the punches that followed that were sweet, the final touch was exquisite (shoves a gun in his mouth)

S*** movie tho.