Is this a sign of progress for Iran?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Oniw17, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

That's not progress.

It's the exact fucking opposite.

Don't assume that just because it's how we do it in "The West", it's good.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

There is a well-documented small, sad fraction of the population who were simply not put together in the standard way during the embryonic process. They have the somatic physiology of one gender but their brains, emotions and personalities are wired for the opposite one.

We don't have the technology to resolve this by "curing" the mental side of the problem. It's not clear whether that would even be proper, since it would involve changing them into a different person. All we can do in that regard is order them to suck it up and spend every day in the wrong body.

Fortunately we now have the technology to "cure" the physical side, although it's still primitive. We can't yet give them fully functional sex organs and they have to take daily doses of hormones, but at least the mirror, their physical sensations, and their friends and family don't keep screaming at them that they're screwed up.

How would you like to wake up one day and discover that even though you're still the same guy inside, you have a woman's body? That is what these people endure every single day of their lives.

I've known a couple of transsexuals. I would not wish that life on anybody and everyone was sincerely elated for them when they got the surgery.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

LOL, how can you even ask a young, red-blooded male that and expect to get a serious answer?

8. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Why?

9. Roman Banned Banned

How would you feel?

10. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

I think a more appropriate question would be "what would I feel?".

11. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

If you make a rude, intolerant, outrageous statement and expect us to take your opinion seriously, you'd better be prepared to follow it up. If you're Renz or Moz or Kool then it doesn't matter because we never take them seriously. That's how they got to be that way.

13. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Well, OK, I don't really have time to hang around and humour the pipe and slippers crew, but are you seriously suggesting that every single sex change patient has the wrong brain stuck in their head?

It's not particularly the sex changes that made me say it was the opposite of progress, it's simply that things like this tend to be indicative of moral decline....what's next, birth control? The shift from regarding sex as a means of procreation to mindless irresponsible fucking "because it feels good"? Marriage becoming a joke? Political correctness? Multiculturalism?

14. Roman Banned Banned

Why else would someone have their wee wee whacked off if there wasn't something wrong with their head?

I thought you were a young, red-blooded male. Is this not the case?

15. draqon Banned Banned

16. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I think this is it, but the text is really small all of a sudden on the page I got it from, so I may not have gotten it all.