Police uniforms on sale on the Web..

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Bells, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Bells Staff Member

Yes that's right. You too can look like an Australian Federal Police officer:

I must admit, after laughing, I found the thought a tad disturbing. It seems that even the CEO of the Australian Federal Police Association was a tad amazed that non police officers were able to access the items for sale on their site. Had the items not had the police logo on it, it wouldn't be such a fussy issue. However, think of how much easier it would be for a person to gain access to areas they would normally be restricted to, if they wore a police uniform. The mind actually boggles. In an age where Governments are trying to scare the bejesus out of the general public about 'being aware but not alarmed' (the Australian anti-terror campaign that encourages people to dob in suspicious activities) campaigns, the Federal organisation in charge of investigating and supposedly keeping Australia safe from terrorism are selling their uniforums online. Or at least their union is. Hmmmm..

Now the paper involved in this story did receive the item, therefore a bit of a booboo on the part of the AFPA. However the amusing aspects of this story continues with how the AFPA decided to handle the matter in the interim of a 'supposed' investigation with this disclaimer:

Hmmmmmm

Yes, the person buying the item because they want to misuse it are going to tell them about it first. But I particularly like the fact they just absolved themselves from any responsibility in case the items they are selling are somehow misused. Now I wonder how the Federal Police officers they represent (they are the official union for the Australian Federal Police officers after all) will feel if items purchased on their union's website is used and AFP officers are injured or killed as a result of their misuse. What stance will their union take then? So much for being in existance to provide assistance to the AFP officers...

However I will admit, it was the last line in this story that really had me chuckling:

LOL!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

Look at it this way They could be Amercian police uniforms complete with cap and Billy Baton. It would scare me seeing one of those things free online.

FCM

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.