Psychics - Real Or Not

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Oct 24, 2006.

?

Real Or Not

1. Real

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Not Real

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. Maybe Real

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. sderenzi Banned Banned

Answer

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

No real.

I can see a connection with self-help... Hrm.. why make this thread?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river-wind Valued Senior Member

My neighbor can tell when a cop is radar gunning an area about a mile before there is a chance to see them; even when travelling roads she has never been on before. I do alot of stuff w/ her and her husband, so I've seen this more than once.

She's also been right every time we've been out in the wilderness, when she claims that there are certain animals around; we either see them a few minutes later, or see substancial evidence for thier recent presence. While whale watching, she even got the number of whales in the area correct, a full 5 minutes before we had seen any at all (at least she got the number that we *saw* right).

Basically, when she makes extraordinary claims, and seems to be right more often than 50% of the time. *shrug* Sadly untestable, as she doesn't foresee every cop, either. It's as if there's a llight in a room flashing on and of randomly - when see can see well enough, her predictions are accurate. She just has little to no control over it.

I've personally experience prophetic dreams. To determine if I was just experiencing "false memories", I began writting them down or telling someone about them. They came true often enough for me to have a fiar level of confidence that there was something to them, though I haven't had any in about 2 years.

Most of the self-proclaimed "psychics" that I've met are charlatans, if not all.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Obviously they are real, I'm sure people knew you were going to post yet another poll while bored

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Obviously they are real, I'm sure people knew you were going to post yet another poll while bored

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. LeeDa Danger! Read with caution. Registered Senior Member

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

People are real wether they claim to be psychics or not, therefore, psychics are real, they just aren't psychic.

11. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Which psychics? I've never actually met a psychic, but when I do certain meditation/chakra opening excercises online and from books, I do feel something. I'm not sure what it is, or why I feel it, it could just be my brain playing tricks on me.

12. sderenzi Banned Banned

Is it that you wanna marry me?

As for the excercises, I believe I've figured out why you feel something, the breathing done alters your blood oxygen level producing unusual dizziness or the like.

13. Kendall ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

It is possible to predict the future, anyone can do it in a simple way just predict that you will be at a certain place in a hour, and be there. I think psychics are just exceptionally intelligent, there subconcious understanding patterns that most dont even realize are there. I had a psychic dream of sorts once, I had a dream that I was at my Uncle's house who lives away, there was a party and fights at his house, the next morning when I woke up my mother was excited about news about my Uncle, she woke me up to tell me what had happened, that was the first I had heard of my Uncle in months, the strange thing is my mother heard the news when I was sleeping I diddent believe in telephathy at all before that, not sure now!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  14. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

You might of heard her talking to him on the phone, I have weird dreams if I leave the TV on.

15. Kendall ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

you might be right, if the dream was in the last 20 mins I was asleep.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006