Age For Relationships

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Oct 23, 2006.

1. sderenzi Banned Banned

I was just wondering, someone posted "our natural state as humans is to have a mate", so at what age would this come into effect?

I can't believe woman at 12 or 13 would even be interested in a relationship, it's ridiculious. All men want is sex so that's not working, tell me what you think by posting here.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Sexual maturity is more dependent than age IMO.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sderenzi Banned Banned

You mean it depends more on sexual maturity than age

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Yeah.

8. sderenzi Banned Banned

Doesn't age have a direct correlation to sexual maturity, and thus both are interdependant?

9. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

No. Different people mature at different ages.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

He asked about correlation, so the answer is yes. It's just not 100%. Most Americans reach puberty around age 12-14. Unfortunately every other type of maturity takes several years longer.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. valich Registered Senior Member

Our age at which we obtain a mate is now determined by society. Physically and physiologically women mature faster than men. This is a fact, although for sure there are many exceptions.

What I mean is that in very early times of human existence, life expectancy was perhaps what, 30 years of age? So as soon as a girl was able and the male had the drive then nature took its course - and had too! Now, however, we undergo a prolonged educational process that teaches us how to live, how to find the career that we like or should go into, how to properly care for children, and how to plan our entire life out till old age and retirement. So society has now dictated the age of finding the "appropriate" mate to a much older age. And by good reason. Our life expectancy is now almost three times as it was in the beginnings of the dawn of humans on earth, so we best be much more careful and scrupulous about whom we are going to choose to spend the rest of our life with.

12. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I don't know where I heard this from, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to go back for the source:

"Ready to bleed, ready to breed."

Eeeugh. I'm sure it was something I overheard from a table full of drunken rednecks when I was bussing tables in Arizona...

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Life expectancy at birth was 33 for our hunter-gatherer ancestors. But child mortality was outrageous, anyone who made it to adulthood--15 in those days--had an expectancy of 54.

It fell to 20 in the Neolithic, and I don't have the breakdown for post-childhood. Agriculture actually had a negative impact on nutrition because of the poor variety of foods available, and the concentration of people in larger groups spread infections rapidly. The even larger population concentrations of the Bronze Age dropped it to 18.

The classical-era civilizations did a lot for the infection problem by inventing sewers, and got it back up to 28.

It rose slowly for the next two thousand years and was only 37 at the end of the 19th century. Then modern medicine and the discovery of bacteria caused a quantum jump, to 50 in the early part of the last century and 80 in the later part. It is widely assumed that the life expectancy of babies born today is 90 and that ten percent of them will reach 100.

The few remaining hunter-gatherers in places like New Guinea and the Amazon still have a life expectancy of 34 at birth and 54 if they make it to age 15.