Womanly Advice

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Oct 23, 2006.

1. sderenzi Banned Banned

This is not another one of my threads where I rant about woman I'm interested in or complain about how I am still a virgin. Instead I am asking all you that have had experience in dealing with woman exactly what you've learned. Let's combine our knowledge and form a unique perspective of females, hopefully some woman can also offer input. I'll explain what I've been privy to:

1. Being nice doesn't mean they'll like you.
    2. They don't seem to interested in romance early on flowers, etc.
    3. They seem to like a man with money, perhaps this is why I've not met any.
    4. Some seem interested in many men, others in finding only 1 until a better guy comes along.
    5. Most are already involved, perhaps due to insecurities about being alone.

Those are some of my experiences, what's yours?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

6. they like men with personality. Maybe you have to work on yours.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

One thing I've learned through experience that I can tell you is definitely true:

Women are all different. But generally, they are all insane when you get to know them--or in some cases, before you get to know them. Some women are more insane than others.

What else. It's pretty easy to please women if you don't mind being a cheeseball. Like if you're in a relationship with a woman, if you make an effort to be nice to her, it will go a long way. Write her notes, say romantic things, light candles for her. I mean, even if you think it's disgustingly stupid, and you feel like a moron doing these things, chances are, she'll dig it.

Compliments!!! Most women are extremely insecure. Tell her about her good attributes. Tell her about how much she is liked and appreciated by everyone. They may say something like, "That's not true!" but really, they are eating it up completely. They love compliments.

Heh, all of the girls I have associated with are broken. I mean, they're not visibly broken. You could have a normal conversation with them, but when you get to know them, you realize that they are very hurt and messed up.

I wonder what non-fucked up women are like.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

1. If you mean you being nice, well obviously there's no guarantee that you can make anyone like you simply by being nice to them. Life isn't that simple. If you mean them being nice, it could just mean that they like you well enough to enjoy your company in the office or in casual situations, but they don't feel enough "chemistry" to want to be any closer to you.

2. It's a Venus/Mars thing that men are ready for romance (usually) and sex (almost always) the moment they meet a woman, whereas women warm to the idea more slowly. But it's a rare woman who would not appreciate being brought flowers the first time you pick her up at her home. Most of us absolutely never do that so you should get a lot of points for it.

3. Other things being equal, we all prefer the company of people who are not necessarily rich but at least prosperous. It's hard to make plans with poor people, they can't afford to do anything and then you have to decide whether you are rich enough to subsidize the relationship. Yes, there are still plenty of women out there who expect the man to pay for everything, but believe me you won't be missing out on an important part of life if you never go out with one of them. But it goes deeper than that. A man who is broke all the time is a man who is not very successful. If you just lost your job or had a medical emergency or your car blew up or something like that, then it's just temporary. But if you never have much money, then they're thinking, what's wrong with you? Most people in the Western nations are at least lower-middle-class which means they can afford a few pleasures and luxuries. If you're not one of them, what kinds of bad decisions have you been making to get where you are?

4. This was not so true when I was your age, but I see that it is now. In other words, women have learned to behave like men. Once we men learn how it feels to be treated that way, maybe we'll start treating them better and the next generation of both men and women will revert to something closer to the serial monogamy our species has traditionally practiced.

5. Most are already involved, what's that supposed to mean? That they're not unpopular geeks so it's not hard for them to get dates? There are always some women out there who just broke up with their boyfriends or just moved into town or something like that, but it's statistically likely that the rest of them already have a relationship going, since they've been dating since they were 12 or 13. It has nothing to do with insecurity, it is our natural state as humans to have a mate, and women are more in touch with their nature than we are. Going through life with a series of casual romances is pretty vapid compared to settling down with someone and becoming part of each other's life, even if it only lasts a couple of years. Make friends with these women so you know what's going on in their lives, and when they're available you'll be there.

8. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Girls lose interest easy.

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Indeed...

I'm surprised how men can find time to be married and go to work at the same time. I still have to figure that one out...

But anyways... I must shut up. My wife might be looking at the forums right now......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh! There she is...
    Hello swetty!

:m:

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I don't know why, but women seem to actually be quite attracted to assholes. Most of my wife's friends have kids with assholes who left them, or are going out with an asshole that misstreats them. I don't know why, but that's how it goes. Apparently, as they grow up and mature, they become more able to distinguish those guys and they got hurt enough times not to be attracted to them. Still, I find it quite a mystery....

They enjoy compliments. Tell them they are beautiful and skinny.....

A lot of women still look for security. Maybe there is some kind of instinctive reason behind that...

They also like clothes and jewelry, which cost money...

Actually, the greatest majority are with one guy at a time. Women tend not to be very open with relationships. They are equally jealous too, sometimes even more jealous then men. I'm glad my wife is not crazyly jealous like a lot of women are. Imagine girls ripping each others hair off because of men. Then ripping off their clothes while they fight in the mud. Huuuuuuummm....

Yeah, maybe that's why. Remember that they hold their appearance to be very important, and as they age they become more concerned and sensitive to their appearance....

11. valich Registered Senior Member

Spurious has the best advise: you need to have personality! Try to be exciting compared to others, yet still rational and down to earth with common sense. Most girls when you're younger like excitement. Depends on where you live and the environment: country vs. city.

"All a girl really wants is to give her something to do - umph!"

12. imaplanck. Banned Banned

There is not a man alive that cannot attract some type of woman. Which one of those two imperative's are you lacking in?

13. Lord_Tigersloth Registered Senior Member

I don't think that you can really draw such sweeping conclusions. Just get to know what particular women like and don't like, and go from there.

14. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Men need to stop worrying so much about right and wrong concerning women. Go for it and if you make any mistakes, learn from them.

Not that I have a gf

Definitely true about younger girls liking excitement. I used to be a bit of a headcase when I was 14/15 and had streams of girls around. I miss being 14

I think confidence, sense of humour and common sense are the best three things to have.

The women who usually stick out have made themselves stick out. Often you'll find that decent women just seem to merge into the background. You need to pull them out and speak to them, instead of loudmouth blonde coming and talking to you.

15. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

You got somethin' against push-up bras ?

16. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Let this be caste in stone....*bows*

17. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

If a woman counters your wit (provided your wit isn't on par with Larry The cable guy's) with equal or greater wit...chase her.

If she does it while playing a game of pool then immediately marry her.

18. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

Women arn't that much different from men really, socially that is. If you're looking for smart, down to earth women that are likely to form stable relationships as opposed to a variety of f#&!ed up ones, just talk to them. Be a friend. Even if it doesn't work out, it's still good practice to get to know new people like this, you learn things, you make friendships, sometimes strong bonds that last years. If you're nervous about women, this is a good practice to just relax and get comfortable, because ultimately, we're all just people looking

If it works out, wing it! If you're both comfortable with each other, let each other know what yall want, and don't be afriaid to try new things.

I've lived in Germany and now live in America, the exchange of which made me just not worry too much about how I relate to women, it's too much effort to worry too much.