Classic Guitar

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Varda, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I started taking classic guitar a little ago, and i'm in love with it... my teacher is so amazing at it that this alone is motivation enough, i want to play as well as he does!

it's a lot different from what i'm used to play, though... so still suck pretty bad

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

proof is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPwaNhjA0H0

anyone here plays classic guitar?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Sounds good to me...good work so far. What piece are you playing?

Is the video purposely badly lit?

Either way...you're hot and you can play guitar, thumbs up in my book

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

heh, thanks

It's a prelude by Othon .G. Filho.
    My lamp broke, but I already bought another one to replace it. The lightening in that video was improvised.
    I'll post another one when my batteries recharge, with better lightening

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

A flub or two here or there but pretty good on the whole, I'd say. Keep it up.

Sigh. I find all too little time to play my guitar these days... I used to play hours a day. Now I play maybe an hour a week... Lame.

8. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Hmm, that's really not too shabby, Varda!

I assume you mean that you suck in comparison to your teacher, because you certainly don't suck at guitar in general.

That's normal. Everyone sucks compared to someone else at something. I suck compared to Flea (from the Red Hot Chili Peppers) at bass guitar. But overall, I'm pretty good.

Keep it up!

PS. Has your instructor ever shown you two hand tapping?

9. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I'm learning Flight of the bumble bee right now, the John Petrucci version....of all the classical pieces to learn it's the easiest, it's all speed (and it out of the classical pieces it is most quickly recognized and sounds cool played)

I tired to attempt Pagnini's 5th caprice a year ago but no way in hell i'm not touching that for few more years.

10. John99 Banned Banned

Bravo

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Guitar, lips and...tongue! Heaven.

12. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I studied it in school a lot, with a couple of world class players, but I had a lot of other musical interests, so i never saw myself becoming a professional classical guitarist. It was great for developing technique and tone from the fingers.

You have pretty good technique - that is a great bonus - you just need to work on your groove a bit more. Try playing that song with a metronome for a while, and it would sound really great. Also, try listening to recordings of it, or record your teacher playing it, to really get a feel for the rhythm.

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Brava! You're doing very well. Nice tone, good consistent tempo, well-coordinated. If this is what you can do after just a short time, you show a lot of promise.

14. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

i took a class in college and i had to learn the exact same piece. must be standard.

you sound about like i did and i was probably the best in the small intro class. i still play 10 years later. it is a great hobby and relaxes me instantly. stick with it even if only casually like myself.

15. I-Am-Invisible sick of it all. Registered Senior Member

I suck more...