Fireworks!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Oct 20, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I love fireworks here in the UK we have fireworks on the 5th November (Guy Fawks Night ).

What fireworks nights do you have where you live? Is it the 5th July in the USA? What about other countrys?

What are your views on fireworks?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

We always do firework fights. Its crazy shit one of my mate nearly went deaf and blind.

We get them little rockets take the stick off them, light it and drop it on the floor and then run it can go in any direction. Onces one of them banged on top of my head. Sometimes we drive in the car light it and throw it out of the car in a busy street you should see everyone panic and shit, its only a fuckin' firework not alquida. No need to report ppl to the god damn police.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

alexb123, it's the 4th of July, not the 5th. That's our big one that everyone associates fireworks with. We do have other ones, on smaller scales. For example, my school has a big fireworks show every year to commemerate the end of the first week of classes. A lot of sporting events use fireworks also. On New Year's Eve, a lot of people light off fireworks as well.

I love fireworks, but they're too expensive for me. And I know a lot of people who have gotten hurt pretty bad when being stupid. And I nearly went deaf when one misfired. My hearing was not quite normal for three or four days after.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Actual fireworks with explosions and flying rockets are illegal almost everywhere in the USA except in public exhibitions by civic organizations and major theme parks like Disneyland. Little stuff like sparklers is legal for a few days before Independence Day in some jurisdictions, but the number shrinks every year.

They are still available on the black market and some people put on neighborhood displays for Independence Day ("Fourth of July") parties. They find ways to avoid being arrested, typically by having a cop living among them.

In Chinese-American communities the sound of small firecrackers is ubiquitous around Lunar New Year. The cops generally leave this alone too, since they don't receive any complaints and it's been a very long time since anyone burned down any city's Chinatown by being stupid with fireworks.

It's been 25 years since I've handled any personally, almost as long since I've attended a civic display, and 15 years since I've been to Disneyland. However, the last house we lived in before leaving Los Angeles had a fairly good view of the aerial fireworks at the nearby civic celebration from the front yard, and as far as I'm concerned those are the most fun.

8. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Because my birthday is the 4th of November, when I was younger I always associated fireworks with my birthday - we'd go down to the village bonfire party, and eat jacket potatoes or baked apples standing round the bonfire before the fireworks display. Good times.

I've never understood why fireworks are illegal in the US.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I was also quite surprised when I bought fireworks in florida (you can buy it) for new year and then found out you can light it.

In holland they go crazy with new year. It's a bit less in Finland.

10. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Fireworks for personal use are illegal in Cyprus except for sparklers, but kids get them on the black market and use them around Easter time. The crazy ones take the powder out of the normal paper bangers and make pipe bombs; every year there's at least 3 or 4 kids that lose fingers from abusing fireworks.

In the summertime there are public displays at least twice a week celebrating one thing or another and rich folk also hold displays to celebrate birthdays and whatnot. From my house I can watch most of the displays that light up the skies, which are taking place in the hotel district about 5km away.

11. Roman Banned Banned

I packed a bunch of cigarettes with firecrackers, put them back in the pack, then left them on a friend's desk.

I hope I don't hurt him. Much.

12. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Where I use to live in Hertfordshire I use to get to see a fireworks display most Saturdays. There must be fireworks testing site off in the distance but I never found out where.

13. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Haha we used to do that, but by crushing up match heads.
    I suppose firecrackers would pop and explode? Match head filled durries would just flame up and burn the whole thing really fast and you could get some really good finger and eyebrow burnage on your victim. Especially if they were stoned or drunk.
    Stoned was better though because drunks just flick it away and go "fuck off!" but stoners contort in terror and moan embarrassingly in a stupidly delayed reaction.

14. vslayer Registered Senior Member

ah shit, i forgot about guy fawkes. ill have to go into town and stock up before they sell out of fireworks.

15. Lazewski King of The Cynicals Registered Senior Member

you take a one lane road
    you sit on opposite curbs
    lay the bottle rockets on the road

this is the true way of the bottle rocket fight

16. vslayer Registered Senior Member

screw that. just head down ot the beach and have at it. load the explody ones into potato canons and blow each other sand dunes apart.

17. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Becareful you don't set the Marum Grass alight as you can actually get a prison sentence for "destroying sea defenses". I still say that Halloween was more dangerous than fireworks night, since most people are clever enough not to throw fireworks at each other (Usually the consensus of adolescents think its just about making alot of noise and scarpering before anyone works out who it was.)

Halloween could be dangerous for the number of "Egg-bys", where the normal sound of a car motoring down the road is suddenly engaged in an increase of RPM, a gear switch and a volley of 6 of the finest Class C eggs comes hurtling by. Actually hitting someone with an Egg can be classed as ABH (Actual Bodily Harm), again something you really want to stay clear of.

18. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Today is a fireworks festival in India (google Diwali). And there are crackers and sparklers and bombs and rockets and snakes and chakkars and air force and ...

19. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Youa re such a dick

fireworks blind and seriously scar people or don't you get out enough to know that.

I grabbed a bratt by the scruff once for playing with fireworks near me, lucky for him it was a public place.

20. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i love going to fireworks shows, the drama and the social side are fantastic

the best one i ever went to was a show at cholmondeley castle,,it was great