What Is Your Purpose in Life?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Oct 20, 2006.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

By life purpose I mean what "makes you tick". Why do you keep breathing. What makes you wake up everyday aside from your alarm clock.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

My purpose is to eliminate global poverty.

What's yours?

EDIT: Just adding a twist- how do you plan to do it!!!?!

PS: Writting your goals and telling them to people increases the likelyhood that you will be successfull!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sderenzi Banned Banned

My purpose in life I found a long time ago, it is to exist. I've learned by watching Kung Fu with David Carradine that life is unique for each individual. If we accept how different we are then finding our own reason for existing is much simplier. You might say I am alive because I want to see a time when everyone is at peace, when things are easier an people much kinder. I would enjoy a day when people work not for money but for the sake of contributing, then we all would truly be free.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Businesswiz Registered Senior Member

Glad you asked! I want to test my existance, I want to take my body, my mind, to the LIMIT! I'm doing a scientific test on myself if you'd like to call it that. I don't know why we're here. I don't think we have a reason, its beyond my understanding. I haven't come to that understanding yet. Maybe we will find out our origins in time. For now I'm enjoying my time on earth with this survival machine, the human body. The brain of which is the most important tool. I want to push it to the limit. I have to do that before I make any decisions like, "eliminate global poverty". I breathe because I know there is no heaven. I believe in energy. We die, get buried and are turned into trees and cows and more humans. I want to enjoy my time and use my energy wisely. And hope everyone else does, lets make something phenominal happen while we are still alive, and push ourselves to the limit!

I believe that the purpose of humans has always been to survive by any means. Now we are at a point where we have superflous resources. I mean we are cloning food! I think our goal should be knowledge creation. Knowledge uprising. Telling the truth, not being greedy. Faith is important. NOT RELIGION. But humanistic faith, scientific faith. Faith in discoveries and Enlightenment 2.0 Because we are living in ethical dark ages.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

I've given up. Its too complicating. Cucumbers and all that shit. Just weird.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

None, I like it that way, no pressure to do anything in particular.

9. LeeDa Danger! Read with caution. Registered Senior Member

Must get money.

10. river-wind Valued Senior Member

I get up every day because I once promised myself that I wouldn't ever make my Dad suffer through my suicide.

these days, though, once I'm up, it's pretty good. My new job is cool, and I'm making progress i the long-term plans ( http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=1179736&postcount=110 )

Other than that, I hope to help other people who suffer from acute or chronic depression to come to a balancing point; through teaching, writing, example, and however else I can.
    I know that all of what I do makes little to no difference in the long run, but the people who live today can suffer less, IMO. I try to see that they know how to limit the pain they go through on a daily basis, and really value the good stuff.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Good! Writting your goals and telling them to people increases the likelyhood that you will be successfull!

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

To contribute to the advancement of civilization. Which means that the size of the community in which people naturally desire to live harmoniously and cooperatively will continue to increase, and that the ability of communities to coexist harmoniously and cooperatively will also increase.

13. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

To learn. Mostly theoretical physics, but anything else that passes my way. I'm terrible at remembering facts, but once you understand something, it's much harder to forget, which leads to my other goal, to increase human understanding.

14. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

Life has intrinsic value. Simply to experience is enough. To make sense of the experience is even more.

15. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

My continued existence consists largely of feeding on other life forms.

16. Lazewski King of The Cynicals Registered Senior Member

to learn wisdom and knowledge and then apply that to my everyday decisions

then scrounge up for a certain favorite car of mine.

17. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

TRUTHSEEKER..... your a fucking lier.

i have discussed poverty with you many times...

and all you can do... is give reasons for why you say no...

you wont help...

you wont join...

you dont agree.... and all of this... even though you still dont understand.

you know my answers, seekerjoe....

are you ready to step up to the plate?

http://theempiricalchurch.blogspot.com/

-MT

18. valich Registered Senior Member

To continue living so that I can continue my purpose in life that I create as it goes along - how ever long that may be?

19. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

I think I only have one life. Too narrow to fit in any real purpose. Besides I have never believed my life belongs to me. I am in charge of it but that doesn't mean it entirely belongs to me. I was watching a documentary on suicides on the golden gate bridge in San Francisco, It seems to me that some people actually think they are so in control of their life that if anything goes wrong they have no other reason to live(obviously never spent good time in prison). They believe that they have to follow a call of duty or they have failed to live. Of cause the number one cause for depression is comformity and abuse of freedom, which is a variation of comformity itself. I think you only have one life, and subjecting it to particulars is straining the mental well being of the body and the individual. Alchohol and fanatic religion are just examples of strains; I actually know a borderline psychopathic christian. Her life was so devoted to christianity that it totally consumed her life, she is alright though, she recently moved to Phoenix, Arizona and got a really nice job. The statement "our goal in life" is erronous because in the first place we are part of life so we cannot be "in" life.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I never said no to helping the poor. I said no to trying to do it through a way that will make people laugh at me.

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You have serveral years of free time ahead. What do you plan to do while you are not dead?

22. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

To love and be loved.

To learn and to teach.

To get everything you need and give it away to everyone you need.

To live and then die.

23. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

then how can you accomplish anything.?????

all they need to do is laugh at you and you'll run home to momma.

come on... have some balls.

who cares if they laugh, someone always will... lots of people laugh at me, but i know it is out of ignorance.

they dont have the fainest idea of what im talking about and it all sounds like jibberish.... and very few are able to grasp the concepts clearly...

like you... you choose not to try... not to understand.

because if you took the 10 minutes required.. you could become convinced and end up being laughed at.

ha ha ha.. fuck them who laugh, and fuck you for being weak.

-MT