People are such hypocrites!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Oct 18, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I have noticed a very strong pattern of human behaviour; as soon as something will cost someone something their whole approach changes.

For example here in the UK Tax on airplane travel is being suggested to cut carbon omissions. If you read the comment on the BBC 'Have your say' and order them by most rated. You will find that this tax is strongly deputed. Most spout rubbish to explain their reasoning however one of them had the balls to be honest "In a word, no. I'm too selfish. Sorry."

Also the UK ID card scheme gets a big 'NO' here in the UK because we all have to pay for it. Im not saying if the scheme is right or wrong but I am saying that people hate it because it will cost them £90 ($170) appx.

Why is it when something costs money peoples whole attitude changes? We are talking global warming here, people are so short sighted, I cannot believe it.

I think airtravel should be taxed and this would affect me as I would rarely have money to travel by air even at todays prices. Its for the better good isn't that important to people?

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thr...=4351&edition=1&ttl=20061018082937&#paginator

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Just stop airtravel if the environment is that important.

forbid private cars except for doctors and such.

Invest in public transport and clean, renewable energy sources.

It's easier though to continue the old ways. Hence we will do that.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Technically even their cheap flights are too damn expensive for me.

In fact a friend of mine had a rush business deal that he was to undertake in Ibiza, however he was to meet up with one of his partners in Granada and wanted the cheapest method to get about.

It was touch and go, for the most part most airlines didn't do "One way" tickets and if they did they were far steeper than haven't a "return".
    So to begin with it looked like he would need a return to Madrid and a return for Ibiza, where he'd only use one way from each of those tickets. The cost however was stupid money.

I did manage to halve the amount spend, I look at just one Return from Madrid, but it required him to get a Ferry from Ibiza to the mainland and then a coach to Madrid which took up a whole day of travel.

I think in the end he managed to get something a little cheaper, where one of the airlines actually allowed him to swap his return with an Ibizan return.

The fact remains however that if people can't get the flights from where they need them, that there will be a number of flights made with empty seats. Okay so the seats have been purchased but thats not the point, since the plane is only half full wouldn't it be in the best interests to "Downgrade" to a smaller plane so it's more economical?

Anyhow the governments have worked out a way to quell cheapflights, it's called Terrorism... Tourists are now either too scared to get on a flight incase it gets hijacked or they are too worried about the resorts being bombed and the cost of insurance.... well it's skyrocketed.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

There is no logical reason to charge more taxes for anything.
    An efficient administration has the job of allocating taxes correctly.
    Unfortunately, everybody knows that there is no such thing as an efficient administration.
    Taxes are allocated straight into the pockets of the rich.

Do you really want to pay more of YOUR own money to the rich?