Beauty

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Absane, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MFPGa0pKyTg

I think this is something we should share with everyone, women and men.

I remember seeing something like this on Nickelodeon when it used to be good.. when they used to have positive messages for children (well from what I remember.. the good old days). They had a model on some show and they talked about how she looks nothing like what she does on the magazines; nothing like what we think of a "model."

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

Why do people take things so damn literally? This seems to be a real problem with young people today, the only time you are living in comp[lete reality is when you go home shut the door and can fart without caring...that's reality, everything else is perception.

Do they lie in ads? OMG no mommy tell me they dont. The model had alot to work with, would you want to be seen walking down the street with her in jeans and a t-shirt?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

this is more for women, make sure to take the mask of the gf when she wake up in the morning...cause your gonna love what ya see! or will you?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Holy Kewl!

8. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I thought she looked as good or better before the stupid transform. *shrug*

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Well when I first looked at her I thought she did not really have model potential.. but then the more I think about it, I am sure a lot of models are like that. Basically, you have to be Photoshop material :bugeye:

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I didn't think she was any better looking once transformed. Actually prolly a little worse. Maybe it's just that particular chick, but I thought her makeup for instance, made her look worse.

okay I'll watch it again and check.

Meh. The first one looks like a chick I might have a shot with. Maybe that's why she appeals more to me. hehe.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  11. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Yea I think most people feel that way. We like to look at people that look like the final shot... but in reality, the more average one looks, the more attractive they seem for whatever reason.

She looks average in the first shot, but 10x better in the final shot but I feel I would have a better shot with her in the first.

12. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

From fat and ugly to plastic barbie faced! LMAO!

At the beginning I'd say I probably would not go out with her with a 10 foot pole.
    No offense.

After the photoshop, she'd probably make a nice token to be in public with, but too damn plastic for actual attraction.

13. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Physical beauty is about structure, not make-up or dress-up. She has a symmetrical face, high cheek bones, straight nose that isn't too big, low eyebrows, pale skin, light eyes--the beauty standard of today. Her features are well-proportioned and in vogue, is all. She is just as beautiful after the transformation as she was before. It'd help if she was a few pounds slimmer.

14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Does the real person look lopsided? Thank Jesus for special effects. They really cleaned her up

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Heh.

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/268634/model_evolution_with_makeup_and_photoshop.swf" width="400" height="300" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/268634/model_evolution_with_makeup_and_photoshop/">Model Evolution With Makeup And Photoshop - video powered by Metacafe</a></font>

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

That was cool

17. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

One thing I find repulsive is the whole 'big is beautiful' thing. I think of this as the ultimate motive for people that try to sell the concept of 'acceptable ugliness'.
    I don't think the woman at the beginning of the video was ugly at all, and the version at the end was nothing but the doctored up 'suit and tie' equivilant of the original. I think the video makes a weak case in it's attempt to preach lack of virtue in unnatural beauty. Personally, I desire someone who is beautiful over someone who is ugly.

18. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

To play the devil's advocate; This film itself distorts perceptions of reality. I've seen a lot of models close up in their off time. Where I live and work, you run into models (I also have friends who model) often and trust me most of them look DAMN good in real life.

I've also done lot of retouching and it's true that lot of things are touched up in post production it usually isn't as extreme all the time as the film makes it out to be. Most of the time it's minor skin flaws, clothing, skin tones etc, hair is big area that is always worked on. They don't always out right make another human being out of the models...that's usually done with celebrities, especially the ones who aren't GQ/Vogue standard fair. They prep these stars up good.

This ad exaggerates for effect...shocking, an ad exaggerating.

19. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Would you actually go out with the ugly girl what went in?

20. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

What a vain piece of shit you are. That explains a lot.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I thought the same.

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Vain? I happen to cast no judgement about looks or personality when it comes to making friends. The only one judgement I have about their character is that they cannot cast such judgements about others with the same exception.

As for anything beyond friends, I prefer girls that actually take care of their face and bodies. Not no blubber behind horse haired elephant sized dinosaur breath ho.

23. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Me?