Fraggle Rocker's Nomination for Moderation.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Jaster Mereel, Oct 18, 2006.

?

Should Fraggle Rocker be made a Super Moderator?

1. Yes.

34.4%
  2. No.

40.6%
  3. I am Fraggle Rocker. I have no choice in the matter.

15.6%
  4. No opinion/prefer not to answer.

9.4%
  1. Jaster Mereel Hostis Humani Generis Registered Senior Member

I hereby nominate Fraggle Rocker to be a second Super Moderator next to James R. James could use some backup, and we all love and respect Mr. Fraggle. Also, this is an involuntary nomination. Mr. Fraggle's opinion on the matter doesn't count. Disregard whatever objections he may raise to this nomination. Thank you.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

I dunno. It's a responsibility that would take up time and energy. Time and energy that would be better used if Fraggle keeps doing what he's doing.

I vote no. He'd probably make a wonderful moderator. But I think he'd contribute more if he continues doing what he's doing.

Invert_nexus, on the other hand, might be better suited. He doesn't post a whole lot, but he seems awfully invested in this place. He's also smarter than James R. and less of a lefty. I have no problem with liberals for the most part--it's the extreme left exemplified by James R., who are so indoctrinated, they are incapable of entertaining ideas that go against their beliefs, I have beef with. Invert, is a more free thinker, by far. But that's a different topic.

Keep doing what you're doing, Fraggle!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Yeah.
    Tempus fugit. The little time that I do post, I seem to have a tendency to post in non-scientific and non-philosophical threads...
    I used to post a lot more seriously back when I was not only a free thinker but also unemployed...

As to Fraggle... He's a great guy and a hell of a writer, but I'm not so sure that moderator is really his position. He browses the forums, yes, but it seems that he doesn't really devour them the way a mod needs to. He misses a lot of threads and/or takes him a long time to find some threads. Being a moderator would force him to alter his browsing style which would change the way he interacts with the forums which would change his very nature...

I've actually seen Fraggle get grumpy when dealing with Cool Skill. If he were a moderator, I bet he'd get grumpy a lot more. And that's not a good thing. Fraggle's a fraggle not a doozer.
    (Actually, if I have the story straight, he's a gorg. His wife is a fraggle. At least he's not the trash heap... although, he is a font of wisdom just like the trash heap...)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Just how much of a moron are you? In the end Fraggle Rocker's opinion is the only one that matters.
    I think you're a troll.

8. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Jaster's a troll? Uh. No. Assuming he is, he's not a trolling in this thread. So... whatever.

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Of course, if Fraggle agreed to run for mod, I'd vote yes.

10. Bells Staff Member

If Fraggle agreed I'd say a huge yes.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

His posts are always eloquent and well thought out. Of course the 'one formally known as cool_skill' would probably scream in abject horror, but that's kind of a good thing.

I must admit if he was made a mod, it would be a shame if he was not able to do what he does best.. and that is make the person he's targetting squirm.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I would too.

12. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

im voting yes

but it would be a no if he refused, im going the other way around to you guys

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

alright! I am fraggle!

14. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

It may change the nature of the Fraggle, into something rather different.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The truth is of course that you cannot predict who will make a good moderator. We have seen the mishaps before.

16. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

*coughs* xev

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

*coughs* electric fetus

well, that one I predicted.

18. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

was the fetus guy a mod, man was he... unstable

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Yes, he didn't have any tiger blood in his veins (or arteries).

20. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Nice new look to this place

21. Jaster Mereel Hostis Humani Generis Registered Senior Member

No, I am not a troll. And this is not a joke... well, not completely. I love Mr. Fraggle, and I just wanted to honor him by proposing he be given a position of authority. I don't really expect this to get through in any serious fashion.

(As an aside, I was also trying to see how many of you would choose the third option.)

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

For Fraggle to be appointed as a Supermoderator, would it not make sense first to appoint him as a Moderator, and see how that goes?

Just a thought...

23. Jaster Mereel Hostis Humani Generis Registered Senior Member

Good idea.

Also, I know it's your prerogative as a Moderator James... but it's not cool tampering with my poll. (Also, the third option kind of serves as a default "I'd prefer not to answer", although humorous.)