My mate tells me story of Jesus (*video*)

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Muslim, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

This is funny check it out:

gone now
    lool

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

NO, you get sin for that. And plus Jesus (peace be upon him) was never crucified on the X, so I find it funny Christians believe this.

8. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Although I have heard this and it sounds interesting, is there any evidence/proof for either event? Dis JEsus even exist?

9. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Regardless of whether I am a follower or believer of Jesus, which i'm not, I find it ironic that though you believe that Jesus existed, you don't believe that he died on the cross , which is considered heresy by true followers of Jesus (and you assert that very positively as though without any doubt). As I understand it Muslims believe that Jesus was merely a prophet, and I suppose that based on that presumption you and others of your faith can't see anything wrong in making fun of him.

Using the same parameters, Muslims believe that Mohamed was also merely a prophet, so why is it that it's a sin to make fun of Mohamed but it's not to make fun of Jesus?

10. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Jesus' beard > Mohammed's beard.

11. draqon Banned Banned

time of Islam's existence < time of Christian's existence

12. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Holy Qu'ran Chapter 4, verse 157:
    "And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain."

The Christians follow nothing but "conjecture"

13. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Whereas Muslims follow nothing but erm... facts?

14. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

We follow facts. Allah says "There is no compulsion in religion" basically you believe if you want to believe and if you want to believe then you have to.

2:256 There is no compulsion in religion, for the right way is clearly from the wrong way. Whoever therefore rejects the forces of evil and believes in God, he has taken hold of a support most unfailing, which shall never give way, for God is All Hearing and Knowing.

The Qu'ran agrees with modern science the bible contradicts this.

The Qu'ran tells us about:

# The Origin of the universe
    # The Speed of Light
    # Pulsars and Black Holes
    # Time Dilation
    # General Relativity
    # Wormholes (Length Contraction)
    # Dark Matter, Dark Energy and Expanding Universe
    # Earth's Rotation Slowing Down
    # Tectonics
    # Atmospheric Pressure
    # Ice in Comets
    # Human Embryonic Development

You can't argue with science!

15. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

That seems rather contrived.

16. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I'd be interested to see these quotes in their proper context. I'm sure there are Christian proponents who could interpret quotes from the bible in a similar fashion.

17. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

You can verify all verses. All references are there. Muslims are the people who invented the scientific method. And the clear citing of sources. So you can verify them in the Qu'ran.

18. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

For exmaple for the speed of light here:
    [Quran 32.5] (Allah) Rules the cosmic affair from the heavens to the Earth. Then this affair travels to Him a distance in one day, at a measure of one thousand years of what you count.

You can verfiy this verse here:
    http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran//032.qmt.html#032.005

Hence in 1 day, the angels will travel a distance of 1000 years of what they counted. Those people back then followed the lunar calendar and counted 12 lunar months each year. These months are related to the moon and not related to the sun. Since this verse is referring to distance, then Allah is saying that angels travel in one day the same distance that the moon travels in 12000 lunar orbits. Outside gravitational fields this speed turned out to be the known speed of light (the Preserved Tablet is itself outside gravitational fields).

You can do the math and verify this yourself and see!

19. river-wind Valued Senior Member

There are records of Osiris (IIRC) being crucified, he was supposedly of a virgin birth, was god made flesh, walked on water, died to clense the sins of Egyptians, and is the redeemer....there's a bunch of other coorelations.

I kind of think thet Yesua existed, but that his story became extremely over-embelished, just like all stories do.

where's the OP video?

20. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

I deleted it, it was blasphemous.

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Oops, it appears you didn't do the math, as that is no where near the measured speed of light.

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

From the human embryonic development link

We created man from an extract of clay, then we made him as a drop in a place of settlement, firmly fixed. Then we made the drop into an alaqah (leech, suspended thing and blood clot), then we made the alaqah into a mudgah (chewed-like substance)... (Quran, 23:12-14)

I can assure you that embryos are not made from an extract of clay. Neither is the human embryo ever a drop. In fact the human embryo is made from the union of a sperm cell and an egg cell inside the reproductive organs of the woman. This fertilized cell goes through a series of stages, inside the reproductive organ of the woman. It needs no help to form any of the stages. Nor does it ever resemble a leech, nor a blood cloth, nor a chewed-like substance. In fact it becomes more organized over time.