Thinking of taking up smoking

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Xerxes, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

(First off, get rid of the shitty new smilies.)

I've recently noticed how wonderful cigars smell, and.. to be perfectly honest, would like to become a spotty smoker. Nothing serious. Just a once in a while type thing.

So yeah, any cigar smokers on SF? What do you recommend? Any good places to buy your shit online?
    (Remember, Canadians can buy from Cuba

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

edit to add: I concieved of this idea separate from flatcapmans thread 'What do you think of pipe smoke?'. Incredible, eh?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

I've got one of these (1st link I could find) that I'm saving for a celebration in which I can blow it in everyones face. I'm holding out for a save the planet type of scenario though, cigars are filthy

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

supposevly Cubans live long because they smoke cigars...

Of course Cubans live long not only from smoking cigars, but also from having alot of sex, and drinking coffee.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

WHOH 1st things 1st have you ever smoked before? A cigar is quite a challange for a 1st time smoker and I should know as I had my 1st cigar when I was 12. It was my 1st smoke and it made me really dizzy.
    I smoke cigars from time to time and there is a few factors to consider

1) Can you take the very powerful rush that it will give you? you DONT inhale the smoke or your 1st cigar might be your last. You take a small amount of smoke into your mouth swirl it in a figure 8 around your tounge and then blow it out. If you inhale it you might choke or it will be as much as 1 packet of ciggies in your mouth and all at once.

2) You could try rollies 1st (not talior mades are they are gross) then go to a pipe which is the next step up and then cigars. or just try a pipe 1st as its a med range rush. Cigars are twice as strong as a pipe and 3 times stronger then ciggies.

3) You will need serious cash to get the good ones. Cigars are not cheap. Even 2 cans of pipe baccy costs me $50 a week. Some boxes of cubans go up to $800.

If you want to start off easy with a cigar try a half-corona.White Owls are good and Cuban ones are awesome. They taste different then they smell forgive me but im not trying to put you off them but they have a taste of elastic band for my taste pallet. But everyone's sense of taste is different from person to person and you might find a cigar is an awesome taste.
    Also try looking for honey dipped cigars the mouth part tastes like sweet sherbet and is a pleasure to smoke.

Try looking under Google for cigars for sale online and it will give you a fair idea of the range that is available. There are as many different types of cigars as there is different types of pipe tobacco

Good luck
    FCM

8. Vega Banned Banned

Cigar's fucking stink!!! They stink up the whole place not to mention your breath!

9. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

Interesting point Vega but I have a question Does pipe smoke stink my place up and does it make my breath stink?
    My sense of smell is not as active as it used to be.

FCM

10. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

The loveliest thing to smoke is Lebanese water pipe tobacco, which is mixed with molasses and dried fruit, to which you could always add a pinch of :m: or hash for an extra kick. Adding a triple measure of Ouzo to the water also gives it a kick and a lovely after taste of aniseed. You must of course, use a water pipe. A typical water pipe will last at least 30 minutes and when you're done, you can usually light up the same thing again on another day, though the smoke does get harsher as most of the baccy turns to carbon.

11. Vega Banned Banned

Well since your nose don't work it probably won't matter! But it's more repulsive to the people sitting next to the smoker.
    man, i remember i was in one end of the bar and a cigar smoker on the other. The smell really travelled and the windows were even opened....!!!

Whatever you smoke as long as it don't stink and give people cancer I don't care!
    If you want to look good smoking a pipe and impress the chics....Get yourself a harley!!!

12. I had some King Edward cigars the other day. They were pretty nice but i still don't get the attraction to Cigars.
    I'll agree you look God Damn cool smoking one, but seriously it doesn't satisfy my nicotine lust or taste nice at all.

I'm a rollie man myself. Cheap & Cheerful. Better for you than Straights (or Tailors) as well.

Start on rollies. A cigar, might just kill you....well maybe not but still

13. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

the first time i ever had a cigar i inhaled and it sounded like i had whooping cough for the next hour

14. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

Or Start smoking a pipe as there are many different flavours and strengths rangeing from mild to the infamous black twist. A mild baccy will give you a slight idea on how to not inhale the smoke thou I inhale slightly to give myself a rush.

FCM