Right Brain or Left Brain?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Oct 12, 2006.

?

Right or Left?

1. Right

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Balanced

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Left

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Take the test!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://web.tickle.com/tests/brain/index_main.jsp

Mine...
    http://web.tickle.com/tests/brain/result.jsp

"TruthSeeker, you are Balanced-brained

That means you are able to draw on the strengths of both the right and left hemispheres of your brain, depending upon a given situation.

When you need to explain a complicated process to someone, or plan a detailed vacation, the left hemisphere of your brain, which is responsible for your ability to solve problems logically, might kick in. But if you were critiquing an art opening or coming up with an original way to file papers, the right side of your brain, which is responsible for noticing subtle details in things, might take over.

While many people have clearly dominant left- or right-brained tendencies, you are able to draw on skills from both hemispheres of your brain. This rare combination makes you a very creative and flexible thinker.

The down side to being balanced-brained is that you may sometimes feel paralyzed by indecision when the two hemispheres of your brain are competing to solve a problem in their own unique ways."

:m:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Yep. Same result. Balanced brained.

Growing up, I've always thought of myself as right-brained biased. But, I think in the past four or so years, I've developed a lot in the rational aspect, so I'm more balanced now.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Same here...

And sciforums helped me a lot on that...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Spuriousmonkey, you are Left-brained

Most left-brained people like you feel at ease in situations requiring verbal ability, attention to detail, and linear, analytical ability. Whether you know it or not, you are a much stronger written communicator than many, able to get your ideas across better than others.

It's also likely that you are methodical and efficient at many things that you do. You could also be good at math, particularly algebra, which is based on very strict rules that make sense to your logical mind.

And I am always right.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Balance brained

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

balanced

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I did the entrepeneur test. Didn't do too well.

http://web.tickle.com/tests/entrepreneurialiq/

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Left.

"Nickelodeon, you are an idiot, and everybody hates you.
    And you are left brained because your other half was lobotomised."

Quite harsh I thought.

13. Roman Banned Banned

"Roman, you are a gullible fool who takes online tests for self-reassurance that you are not boring, medicore and otherwise entirely uninteresting...

...oh I'm sorry, that's Truthseeker.

Roman, you are
    massively brained. And really cool, and probably have a lot of sex with hot babes. You also can't help your wild popularity."

Damn, these tests are accurate!

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I failed miserably at maths, when I see any numbers, my thought processes just go numb, blackout.

15. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

1Thats a shame. 5

2 8 34 9

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

oh just lobotomise yourself

17. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

i did the test but I never signed in to their site, it feels like a phish trap

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

It most probably is. I have an email address designated for these web things.

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I put in a fake one. But then I was worried they email you the result. But that wasn't the case.

20. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Hmm, you can't really lose on that test can you?

21. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I am Right.. but probably about 70% right and 30% left.. maybe 60/40.

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

left brained and

"Your test results show that you are a visual learner.

Other left-brained people who are also visual learners are Leonardo da Vinci, Sigmund Freud, and the astronomer Galileo.< But before delving deeper into how you learn, you should get the basics of your brain's physiology. "

65% of the population are apparantly?

"What these differences mean for you
    As a predominantly visual learner, you likely find visual stimuli much more compelling and comprehensible than auditory stimuli. To varying degrees, visual learners tend to feel that if they can't see it, then they won't be able to properly synthesize it. You might feel a tenuous hold on information that is not presented visually. Might even attempt to turn auditory information into a visual cue you can use by taking notes, scribbling an image or a sign, or even writing down one word to trigger your memory on the subject at hand.

On the other hand, you probably feel quite comfortable when information, even complicated information, is presented to you visually. And because of that you are likely to feel less threatened by even more complex ideas presented in this manner than simpler ideas presented to you through verbal words or sounds.

The reality is that you don't always have control over how information is presented and how you must communicate with people. That is why understanding your learning style, how you learn best, will give you a leg up in today's information-rich world."

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  23. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

I got the same