A genius Idol contestant?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Dr Lou Natic, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR6ZVWp_yGo
    I know he's a bit of a doofus, but keep in mind that this is disco night, and that is Rick James' "super freak", and he dreamed up the arrangement himself. The guy is truely a genius.
    I think making this out of superfreak would be far harder than creating the original super freak from scratch, or creating a song this good from scratch.
    Super freak is such a terrible song that fixing it is like starting from less than nothing. It would be a harrowing challenge, you'd always be urged into reverting to it's horrific "superfreak" melody due to the familiarity of it.
    He's changed the whole emphasis of the lyric from how superfreaky the girl is to how "she's alright" and a "special kind of girl" in spite of it.
    And I now find the concept behind "superfreak" to be an almost romantic sentiment.
    I don't know, I'm impressed.
    To be so original in such a creatively restricting environment... it's impressive.

This guys only flaw(obviously I don't mean that litterally since he's such a weirdo freak with so many flaws - but what great musicians aren't?) is that he went on idol, other than that I would say he is Jeff buckley good.
    Am I fag for thinking so?
    Am I fag for liking Jeff Buckley?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

...for liking Jeff Buckley? No.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.