U.S.-Mexico Border Fence

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by valich, Oct 11, 2006.

1. valich Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15201000/

What's the purpose? $10 for a set of bolt-cutters at HomeDepot and you can cut your way through at night, move the barriers, and drive right through without anyone seeing you.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dunbal Registered Member

Ahhh, but you see Home Depot is on the NORTH side of the fence...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Not if they make the fence electrified. And have a moat on the other side. With crocodiles.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Just spray liberally mines around. On the mexican side of course!

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

Those liberal mines takes ages to detonate, they have to discuss everything.

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Well they have to decide whether or not to blow up the jaguar that accidently stepped on it.

Come to think of it, will the fence harm migration routes used by animals?

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

No american students can still fly to Cancun for springbreak.

11. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

all they have to do is tell the republican farmers to stop hiring illegal immegrants for illegal employment and then the tax money for building the fence would be saved.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Feds have to look strong against immigration, while they are actually for it, since it keeps wages low. They actually support making all of North America a free trade zone like Europe, where non-union Mexican truckers can drive from non-union ports in Mexico all the way across the US or Canada.

13. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

So that's where humanity's been going wrong all these years!

We should just tell Kim Jong Il he's been a naughty boy and his toys will be taken away if he doesn't behave.

Let's spank Ahmadinejad if he plays with uranium when we told him he couldn't.

The mexicans should have a time out if they're caught coming across the border. Tell them it's just not on, they can't behave like that and if they do it again they'll be in big trouble.

14. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

there are h ome depots in mexico, there jsut raining facilities thats all.

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Do they have little shelters in the parking lot to pick up day laborers from Guatemala?

16. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

The purpose of the fence is to force our southern neighbors to do more work for less money than they can make at home doing less work.

Business is business.

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Says it all.

PUT UP A FUCKING GREAT WALL OF CHINA. SIMPLE. DONE.

18. Genji Registered Senior Member

No. How 'bout keeping the Mexican illegals and deporting the racists and conservatives? Sounds like a far better idea. The White Right has done more damage to this country than any hardworking illegal from the 3rd World ever could.

19. valich Registered Senior Member

Some of the fences that they're putting up are much more secure (defensive?) obstacles then the one I posted. But my point is that these fences are ridiculous. They are not a barrier. Especially in the case of the one I posted. I just couldn't help but laughing at how ridiculous that one was/is!

Here in Arizona, the Sonoran desert is a much greater obstacle than the fences are and about 200 illegal aliens die each year trying to cross it once they get past the border. This, in part, fuels the flames to give amnesty to them. Some activists groups have even set up posts along the way to give illegal Mexican immigrants water in the desert! Other groups, as you may have heard of, have armed themselves and posted vigilante groups to stop them.

I think Absane has the best idea: "Put up a Great Wall of China." In this case you would have a wall high enough that one or a small group of individuals could not scaffle over, with sentries posted about every quarter mile or so to signal to the main post to quickly come with reenforcements. In modern age, these sentries are easily replace by infrared cameras. I bet this is what will happen in the near future.

20. Genji Registered Senior Member

Again though, when the US is majority Hispanic who pays to tear down the Race Wall? Let's spend our money more wisely.

21. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

If they set up automated turrets to open fire at anyone who approached the border, a few people would get killed. But I'd bet they would learn fast.

22. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

For one they are not even paying taxes. Two, I have nothing wrong with Mexicans in the US. I have a problem with ANYONE coming into this country illegally.. and right now our biggest problem is the US/Mexican border. Three: diseases.

It's so insecure lots of other unwanted people could come into this country. Smuggle a nuke, anyone?

Also.. are you aware of this? http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-b10_2apprenticeoct13,0,6859639.story?track=rss

I mean.. WTF? If you can cross the border TWICE like that.. I wonder what else could pass through...

This isn't a problem of racism. Sure, racists have a louder voice than those that aren't racist that want the same problem fixed... but the problem needs to be fixed.

23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Being against illegal immigration is not racist. Most hispanics in the US are against illegal immigration. Including me.