Dematerialization

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by 2Dogswalking, Feb 21, 2002.

1. 2Dogswalking Registered Senior Member

Now, I'm not a believer in ufo's as such, but if they are true, their technologies must be highly advanced. Starting with that dubious assumption, consider well known cases of humans transported through walls, and aliens purportedly entering via walls, (see Whiteley Strieber, Communion, and the New York Abduction of a woman from a 13th story apartment, reportedly witnessed by 15 people).

Two thing's noted in these reports:

-Subject experienced intermittent consciousness during transport
    -Subject reported feelings like "feathers" touching body as they moved through the wall.
    -A srong blue light enveloped the body, also a blue light has been observed below ufo craft, (said to be of a microwave type) and radiation readings have been elevated at reported landing sites in England and Colorado, San Luis Valley, in 1993, 95, and 96.

My question is, how could a human body maintain it's constituency, then move through another "solid" object without losing it's physical properties?

I'm aware that atomic structures have much space in them between the particles, however those spaces are held together in an electrical dynamic, if broken, physical properties and matter is altered. How could trillions of atoms, all in their own realms of functioning, move and pass one another without disturbing each other? And what the heck could possibly be in a microwave "beam" that could fascilitate this material/dematerialization?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

As far as I am aware, there are only anecdotal accounts of people walking through walls - no confirmed examples.

A person passing through a wall would be similar to two solar systems colliding. There may be enough space between the atoms (just as there is enough space between planets), but both the wall and the person would be irrevocably altered in the process.

Basically, it can't happen, for all kinds of reasons. I can imagine some far-flung technology which could somehow encourage quantum tunnelling of billions of particles all at once (by some as-yet unknown method), but that is pure fantasy at this stage.

Oh, and microwaves are not blue.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 2Dogswalking Registered Senior Member

Thanks JR

Interesting analogy that it would be like two solar systems colliding. And it's certainly beyond our current reality that objects could pass through eachother without altering, as you say.

Anecdotal reports will be all we'll ever have until a creature shakes hands with the President, or addresses the UN. Dismissing participatory observation, blocks out have the science-related understanding, albeit, less reliable, than science fact.

It would also seem that if whatever technology can allow dematerialization, it will take a brand of physics beyond our current comprehension and knowledge. Perhaps dematerial knowledge is not "in the box".

If the microwaves were not blue, what might the blue light be, assuming that 15 people did not see that color, and a microwave beam was not the origin of the light?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

<i>It would also seem that if whatever technology can allow dematerialization, it will take a brand of physics beyond our current comprehension and knowledge.</i>

I agree.

Blue light is just blue light. If you can see it, there's nothing strange about it. Microwaves are invisible (check out your microwave oven).

8. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

The are to radio wave-based entities.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

There already exists a process of human dematerialization.

It's called organic decomposition.

10. kmguru Staff Member

Ground Zero comes to my mind...

11. nanok Registered Senior Member

Mabye it isn't dematerialization, mabye it has something to do with other dimensions, the aliens could take the person to another dimension where they can pass through walls,

I was thinking, you could probably pass through 3D objects if you were in a higher dimension, such as:

if you want to pass another point on a flat plane (2D world) without colliding, you must move into the 3rd dimension and go up, then you can pass by the point without colliding into it. Mabye the same thing would apply to a 3D world and it's higher dimensions......

just a thought!

12. Ender Registered Senior Member

YES

Concider this

Exactly right.

If you read the book Hypersapce by Micho Kaku (i'm not sure that's spelled corretly) you can learn tons more on that topic.

13. kmguru Staff Member

BINGO...

The problem is, we do not know enough about the property of the other dimension to take advantage of it. It could be all around us, we would not know. I still think, other properties are as applicable in a higher dimension such as magnetism and EMF and electricity.

If you can design a contraption that phases you out of this dimension while you are moving through the wall and phases back in at the other side....you got it made.

Any ideas, how we are going to test it?

14. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Ok, the problem I see with any such device is the fact that it would phase you through any normal matter. Thus, you turn it on and suddenly you fall straight through the Earth. Unless you could project the field onto a single spot of matter large enough for yourself then pass through that spot. But you would then be phasing that section of the wall and not yourself, which causes all sorts of other problems such as how to limit the beam to just that wall (and not everything for 100 miles after that wall as well), how to get it to phase the entire portion of the wall as opposed to, say, just the paint on your side of the wall and so on.

It reminds me of that one Star Trek: TNG episode where Geordie and Rho are phased out of our normal 3 dimensions and were able to pass through walls, but magically didn't pass through the floor of the ship. :bugeye:

15. kmguru Staff Member

I saw that too. That is where the writers take liberty on stuff - like computer keyboards turning into July 4th sparklers (fireworks). Any way, When a plane takes off in the z-axis, it disappears from the x-y axis. I think, same way, if you are moving in the spatial 5th dimension, you will disappear from the x,y,z axis at the point where you leave off. Since a plane contains cargo and people, same way - you could build a contraption that contains you and your bags and moves from point A to point B.

How about using Linux as OS?

Actually I like QNX - a realtime OS and I like Arcnet so that packets in transit will not drop out.

16. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Ah, so more like a small pod travelling through a 5th spatial dimension with you inside? That would work too. One interesting thing though, if "phasing" technology such as this is ever developed, think of the possibility of using it for weapons. I mean, take one of these phasing pods, throw in some explosives and you could phase a bomb right into the oval office of the White House and there's nothing anyone could do about it.

I wonder what would happen if a piece of metal was phased into another piece then brought back into "4-space" in the middle of it...