save Nazanin

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by robtex, Oct 10, 2006.

1. robtex Registered Senior Member

I saw this on yourtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdOP40AAv00&search=documentary%20execution%20of%20teenage%20girl%20iran%20islam%20hanging

and was really taken aback by it. Upon reading about the death penalty I found some disturbing trends like the execution of a 13 year old girl (footnote1) and an explaination of death by stoning. (footnote 2)

There is a petition online for Nazanin here:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?Nazanin

Such a crazy thing for a culture to practice.

footnotes:

1) http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=521

2)
    http://web.amnesty.org/pages/dp2005-iran-eng

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Save who?

We don't care, we don't know. Wait is she pretty?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Read the links shallowboy.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Man. Death by stoning would be a horrible way to go. But, what a way to kill!

Imagine it. Getting together with the rest of the apes from your village. Spending all the previous morning gathering stones and eating lots of nutritious food to build up your strength.

And then! The murder.

Spitting epithets at the vile little slut (in the case of the 13-year old girl that is) and flinging stones. Spittle flying from your mouth and all your neighbors' mouths as the coppery scent of blood fills the air.

Blood!

The bright red wash of blood from the first really good hit across the back of her head.

And the pheremones in the air. Reeking from everyone's unwashed buttcrack.

You'd better hope you're married, because after a good stoning, everyone's gonna want to run off and have some really hot sex before the endorphins run out.

And if you're not married?
    Better be careful or you'll be next. (If you're a woman. If you're a man? Meh. 150 lashes. Boring.)

8. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

thats one of the worst things i've had the misfortune of reading of yours

9. Roman Banned Banned

I was hoping it was footage of an actual stoning. Oh well

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

11. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

One hot piece of ass, if you ask me.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. draqon Banned Banned

dont u realize that all this suddenly is coming up now, with the evil Iran is up to, just the right time for the US to decide whether to bomb Iran or not. I say that woman motivation to fight to save life of those two females, are purely political and not from the heart. There are plenty more people to be saved in America.

13. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

LOL

Nice.

But seriously, how is this fundamentally different from a country whose government sanctions and practices execution???

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

It's not too different.
    Except in terms of scale.

Stoning is something that you think of as being planned and executed on a local level. Some stranger comes to town. A cow dies. The locals accuse him of witchcraft and stone him to death. That sort of thing.

No due process.

Although. It seems that there is due process involved in modern-day stoning in Iran.
    Weird.

It sure as hell wouldn't be a nice way to go though.
    Hell, here in the states, we even debate whether lethal injection is cruel and inhumane. And they're unconscious. (Or are they? There's the rub behind the whole debate...)

Now. If the gas chamber was still the method of choice....

15. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

"Due process"??

So, as long as there's a distinct body in place whose responsibility it is to weigh the value of a life then it's all OK??

Interesting.

Ah yes, the old, make sure we swab the victim with an alcohol rub before we lethally inject them so as to keep it humane angle.

LOL

And the gas chamber?
    Hmmm.
    Anyone recall this happening in Europe during the 30's and 40's???

16. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You're against capital punishment, I take it?
    My only problem with it is that it is actually more expensive than life imprisonment.

By due process, I just mean that there are courts and trials and whatnot. I have no idea if this is the actual meaning of the term or not. (I think it is.)

The old style stoning would be more like a lynch mob. Just the local villagers getting their panties in a bunch and running off to hang some nigger. That sort of thing.

What I was referring to is that there is some debate over whether or not the person being lethally injected is actually unconscious or just paralyzed. I don't have any links to said debate. I think I heard it on NPR.

What do you mean by 'this'?
    Being humane in capital punishment wasn't much of an issue back then, was it?
    The gas chamber was insanely painful.
    As was the electric chair.
    Hanging would be relatively painless if performed correctly. Although, in lynchings, it often wasn't done right. I recall a story of a woman named "Half-hung Mary". She was hung for being a witch in some New England burg. She swung all night in the town square and was still alive come morning. So they cut her down and let her go about her merry way.
    That'd be an interesting night, I imagine...

17. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

As much as I despise the idea that prisons are reformative in nature, I guess I'd say it's better than execution, so, sure.

You have the correct meaning, which I summarized.
    You have to remember, those stonings exist as part of a legalistic structure just as much as the US style executions do.

I don't see the point. Are you saying that somehow it's alright to kill someone if they're unconscious and/or paralyzed?

I was making an allusion to Nazi usage of gas chambers.
    Again, I fail to see how one can go about rationalizing the contradiction 'humane killing'.

18. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Well.
    To be totally honest...

I don't really give two shits if the killing is humane or not.

Hell. Let's bring back the old Persian style of "the boats":
    And, therefore, he decreed that Mithridates should be put to death in boats; which execution is after the following manner: Taking two boats framed exactly to fit and answer each other, they lay down in one of them the malefactor that suffers, upon his back; then, covering it with the other, and so setting them together that the head, hands, and feet of him are left outside, and the rest of his body lies shut up within, they offer him food, and if he refuse to eat it, they force him to do it by pricking his eyes; then, after he has eaten, they drench him with a mixture of milk and honey, pouring it not only into his mouth, but all over his face. They then keep his face continually turned towards the sun: and it becomes completely covered up and hidden by the multitude of flies that settle on it. And as within the boats he does what those that eat and drink must needs do, creeping things and vermin spring out of the corruption and rottenness of the excrement, and these entering into the bowels of him, his body is consumed. When the man is manifestly dead, the uppermost boat being taken off, they find his flesh devoured, and swarms of such noisome creatures preying upon and, as it were, growing to his inwards. In this way Mithridates, after suffering for seventeen days, at last expired.
    http://classics.mit.edu/Plutarch/artaxerx.html

19. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

lol

Nice.

Clearly, killing cannot be humane.

What irks me, is the gall to have the pretense that it can be.

20. Roman Banned Banned

I heard the same thing on NPR.

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't say that, necessarily.
    I suppose it comes down to semantics.
    I think that the use of humane in 'humane killing' would be to focus on the prevention of suffering. The killing is taken to be a matter of course and the object of being humane is to reduce, as much as is possible, the suffering brought about by that killing.

It does get quite complicated when you start taking social networks into consideration. Even Dahmer had a grandma who loved him. (Although, she was dead by the time he was killed, wasn't she?)

Maybe it would be best to think in asymptotic terms?