Ah man this is sinking

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by imaplanck., Oct 10, 2006.

1. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Ah I noticed the sudden influx of ufo nuts to sciforums and now we have an alien emblem. this is looking bad for the scientific community that we knew and loved. If this is going to run into a UFO site I for one am not going to be posting here any morel I cant believe david would sell out like this. This is so fucked up!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

The logo looks cool. It has that.. je ne sais pas..

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think you mean Je ne sais quoi

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Yeah it has that je ne sais pas never had sex look about it

8. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Je n'aime pas.

9. sderenzi Banned Banned

Calm down it's not like this is the end of SciForums, maybe it's only the begining. In all actuality there is a real and serious threat to society in general, if these alien abductions are actually occuring then we have a serious problem on our hands. Now of course aliens in general are not provable, but ehh most of what people discuss on here is general chit-chat really not provable in anyway. I like the sciforums, and besides what of the logo, UFO's define scifi in the most direct way, everyone knows what they are.

10. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i dont mind new look sciforums, it isnt a totally radical change

11. John99 Banned Banned

This place will never be the same without pimpleplanck. waaaaaaaaaa.

I like the time format on the right of the posts.

12. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

dang i hadn't noticed that, i like it too

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

it's not an alien. It's a little mouse on in her cosy nest. top view.

14. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Well, we will get a sudden influx of mouse lovers. Either way.....

15. Genji Registered Senior Member

I'm not a UFO nut either but they might be more interesting than white supremacists we already host. I LOVE the new look. HUGE improvement. Now we need some hardass moderators.

16. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Well I bastard don't - especially when a post is listed as '1 day ago'. Really fucking informative. Put it back to how it used to be. If there's one thing that in the long term is going to get on my fucking nerves, it's this.

17. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

18. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I HATE the alien logo thing.

19. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

Ya I have to say when I noticed that the accurate time and date were gone I got kinda pissed. Like what the hell, that's important.

And the smiles are all colorful. And the blushing one sucks now.

And the Alien/mouse in the top along with that whole top banner makes this place look to fancy.

Don't have any other complaints for now though lol

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

"This plane is definately crashing!!!
    This boat is obviously sinking!!!
    This building's totally burning down!!!
    And my heart is slowly drying up!!!"

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You know...
    If that alien thing WERE turned into a mouse... with maybe an ear growing out of its back or it's skull laid open with wires dangling out...
    Then that might fit the motif a bit better.
    Of course, care would need to be taken to remove the alien aspect. We don't want a logo that could be seen as a mouse or an alien depending on perspective.

22. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

It could be a sort of Rorschach test...

23. Sudden? Plank old man, it's been positively quiet of the Nut Ball Front of late - grave like. We have a long standing and proudly held tradition of positively attracting nutters - gives something for the rest of us to.

Granted, alien logo, not really Sciforums, but that's just a minor visual glitch, be gone by the weekend, hardly equivalent to the Sacking of Rome in the meanwhile.

The changes are frankly cosmetic - actually, have to say, I like - pages are loading a lot quicker my end and fully first go - user wise I'm a happy bunny.

Yep, Dave's gone. That means change. But surely isn't really the whole point that we, the members, endeavour to keep and maintain the place to the standards we've come to expect from around here. From ourselves. Administration doesn't post the topics, doesn't formulate the responses, in short - doesn't keep the place vibrant, alive. We do. Same as always did.

That only gets to change if the people who make the place what it is all suddenly decide to stomp off and all because of a few cosmetic enhancements. Which, for the record, are actually working better. It's still the same spread of people here it always was - only thing a tincture out of whack is one simple graphic.

Easy fix.