No more spiders!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Oct 10, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I have just brought this product because I don't like spiders. Does anyone know if it works?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmm, interesting. Should we be permitted to just kill anythig and everything that we don't happen to like?

I just heard a story on NBC that medical science is beginning a break-thru treatment for closing wounds using spiderwebs in lieu of the usual sutures. And now you want to kill off all the spiders 'cause you don't like 'em?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

We need a "No More Humans!" spray.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Is that the pointer this, by any chance?

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I'm workin' on it, I'm workin' on it!! Just give me a little more time, okay?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

10. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I don't think this kills them they just won't go near it.

But I would prefer it if it killed them, scum of the earth if you ask me.

I think it is made of conkers which is mean't to let of a smell they don't like.

11. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

So you get rid of spiders and find yourself surround by midge's. Spiders are predators and what they consume is even more annoying, on top of that how are you going to have a full halloween without any spiderswebs present?

12. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Spiders are good guys. Assuming they're not big poisonous ones, obviously.

I always try and relocate them when they've built a web in an inconvenient place.

If you have the time, just like most bugs, the easiest way to get rid of them is a can of deodorant and a lighter - impromptu flamethrower.

13. Roman Banned Banned

What if spiders don't make me feel good? I might feel good not having spiders. How would their presence, in that case, make them good?

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

You're the adult. It's up to you to be the rational one. Arachnophobia is trivial to cure.

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

What's your problem with spiders? Are you from some stone age country where they don't teach you about biology in school? Or were you just stoned the whole time?

If you have a genuine infestation of them and they're taking over your house, that's one thing. Spreading boric acid crystals around your baseboards and windowsills and in the places they can get in will kill almost any arthopod--insect, arachnid, centipede, millipede... I don't know about crustaceans but if you've got lobsters in your house it's the least of your problems. Boric acid is the safest thing you can use around humans, pets and other animals. If they're coming from inside then you'd better find out why. There's something nasty in your house that's attacting them. As stated above, they are not scavengers going after the trash you forgot to take out like flies and cockroaches, they are predators who kill and eat pests. So there's something in your house for them to eat and whatever it is you won't like it.

But if you just don't like them, be a man and get over it. Spiders are good for the world and if you kill them indiscriminately you're hurting everyone else to indulge a phobia that you can overcome.

My wife keeps a "spider jar" in the cupboard and when she finds one she captures it and turns it loose outside where it can take care of the serious bugs for us. Don't make me tell her I know a man who can't do that.