Greatest flatcap-afficianado of sciforums?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Vulvarse, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Vulvarse Banned Banned

I think absane or leopold.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Huh? I wear a baseball cap. I'm too cheap to get a haircut ever month.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

I think I would get that honer as I do own 85 flatcaps and I never leave the house without one on my head.
    I know I sound like a 90 year old but im only 34

FCM

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vulvarse Banned Banned

Nah, I never would have thought of you to be honest.
    You don't strike me as much of a flatcap kind of guy.

8. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Look at me people. I am a steaming pile of BS.

9. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

OK, who's from Yorkshire, and when was teh last time they went to the dogs?

10. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

Interesting observation. What kind of guy would have to wear one? not only an old guy because I have seen younger guys wearing them forwards in a London photo and not backwards because I dont go around looking like I want to start a fight just to prove im tough.

Trust me I wear them because I enjoy wearing them just as much as I enjoy smoking tobbacco in a pipe and as for me being honest I simply say things as they are. Most people tend to hide the truth under a veil. Im not like that I am quite upfront altho it does get me into trouble.

FCM

11. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

Im not from Yorkshire thou I have been to Skipton and had a blast there looking at like minded chaps wearing their flatcaps including Derick Fowlds (Oscar from Heartbeat) he looks quite regal offstage.
    As for the dogs the clergyman from Preston I was with was not really into sports thou I dont mind watching the dogs on tv and love whippets.
    I told him if we went to a fox hunt I would shame job him by getting all gushy over the beagles patting and talking to them like they are my 4 legged furry pals. They would sense my friendlyness for them and put on the puppy eyes to melt my heart

FCM

12. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

WEll, testing for "Yorkshireness" is one way of seeing how much of a real flat cap afficionado you are. Your obviously part way there.

(Though I'm scottish, so what do i know)

13. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

Its amazing you metioned that am Im half Scottish on my mothers side. My ancesters came from the Isle of Sky and on my dads side they come from Nottingham.

FCM

14. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

A fair number of central Scottish miners went down to South Yorkshire etc for the coal fields. Up until fairly recently, (Maybe 10/ 20 years ago, I got all this 2nd hand, so accuray is not precise) there was a buss ervice between Sheffield or Rotehrham or some other place, back up to Glasgow, so people could go and visit their relatives.