Was this scene a vulgar display of hate towards flatcap wearers?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by flatcapman, Oct 7, 2006.

?

Are flatcapmen treated with any respect in films at all?

Poll closed Nov 24, 2006.
  1. Yes- About Scmit was a good example

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No- Film makers enjoy thinking of new ways to kill or maim us

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. undecided- Films are films

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. FCM stop slobbering over this pole and go to Poland and give him a kiss

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

Hello all

I am refering to a Steven Segal film made in 2003 called The Foriegner. I have noticed several disturbing factors and althou this could be my imagination and just plain parnoid on my behalf.

1) The victim at Berlin airport wore his flat cap forwards on a left hand tilt and was brutaly murdered yet in another scene a young chap wearing a flat cap backwards is unharmed.

2) Man with Porsche is the only guy whose death is cruely shown as he lays there vomiting blood out of his mouth yet even thou there were tons of shooting including a gas station attentant of whom the guy in leather shoots heaps of times including smashing the window behind him and yet he is not a mouth bleeder. What makes this guy any different?

3) The man at the airport was tradional by his clothes and cap yet he cops it far worse then anyone else. He only wanted the rat to stop stealing his car.

4) If Dunoir wanted his porsche so much why didnt he just drive off? Why pump 2 bullets thou the ole guy at such close range? Eridrick did not know him and if he could not see the gun with silencer despite tapping the window to get his attention with his plane ticket then its logial he could not ID him because he could not see his face thou the tinted window.

Anyone who is a Segal fan with any logical answers will be most welcome.

FCM

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vulvarse Banned Banned

I have the DVD and in the special features there are some deleted scenes featuring brutal murders of flatcap wearing people. 4 of which have audio commentary from Segal himself and he really seems to revel in the suffering of those who wear flatcaps, at one point I could have sworn he was masturbating, there's also some gratuitous flatcap burning scenes.
    You be the judge.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

Now Im confused. How can Steven Segal the champon of justice justify doing crap like that?. Why does he hate flatcapmen so much? did he deliberatly cause Erdrick's death. Did he burn his kings crown? were they shot like him?
    and the most disturbing question of all

Would my dilling two huge holes in my chest and out my back bring him sexual pleasure?

WHY STEVEN WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY?

Thanks for turning me off segal for LIFE.

FCM

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I can support what vulvarse has said as I also have that DVD with the same special features, it is somewhat disturbing to me personally as my grandfather wore flatcaps and I can't help but see my deceased grandfather in the eyes of the unfortunate flatcapped victims.

I have actually read Segal's autobiography "with these fists" and in it he explains what spurred him into the deadly arts of the deadly martial arts.
    While holidaying on the british isles as a child, Segal was attacked by a falcon, and in the frenzied terror he was able to look out between the wing flaps and see a gentlemen with a moustache, smoking a pipe, wearing a flatcap and a falconer's glove, chortling in sheer heavenly delight.
    He apparently remembers attempting to strike at the falcon but found he didn't have the speed nor discipline to connect. His interest in martial arts was a natural progression.

Segal now squanders his fortune on falcons just so he can punch them in the face.
    He exacts his revenge on flatcapped gentlemen through the medium of film.

8. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

Im sorry for what happened to him at a young age but that was a long time ago and why should I and other inncont flatcapman suffer because of one bad apple in the barrel? I wear a flatcap and smoke a pipe no mou on me as I have been told a mou would not become me.
    Everything changed after I saw that film with far worse reaction than I realised. My dreams about the victim started because I felt such a connection to the gentleman that I think I linked with him.
    In my dream I was sent to Berlin Airport for one reason drain him of his blood and move on but I saw the terror and pain in his eyes and decided this man deserves a 2nd chance. He has a rare blood type so it made it easyer I reversed the process and even healed him not to mention his clothes as well. I took revenge on his killer as him shape shiifting into the victim and decided this porsche stealing rat should know what it feels like to be helpless and to be a victim in short how he would feel between a cats hungry jaws and to know his chocolate bar nibbleing days are over. Doing that I broke the rule of NO exposure to a human. But I loved him and still do and felt he was worth it.
    So to me the character is alive and well althou inside my dreams.
    Ahh yes how do I know him so well? when I drank out of his mouth his life flashed before my eyes and told me what I needed to know.

FCM

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

What do you think of top hats?

10. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

I like them and have tried one on about twice. I was in a hat shop where a german lady had them high up on a shelf for an outragious price of 600 dollars per hat. I asked her young assistant if I could try one on in which she got on the step ladder and got the grey topper down for me I tried it on and it felt comfy and thats when Willie (the german lady) rushed out having a screaming fit saying "it was from her personal collection and that it was buy if I wanted to wear".

So yes I do enjoy Top Hats but I prefer a bowler hat or a derby.
    Do you like Bowlers?

FCM

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

To be honest, I've never actually worn a top hat. Not a real one, anywy. I have worn cheap costume top hats which are quite uncomfortable.

It was comfortable you say?
    Now I want to try one on for size...

As to bowlers or derbies?
    No. I don't like them. They seem comical to me. Visions of Laurel and Hardy are inevitably drawn to mind.

You know what hat I really like?

A fedora.
    The fedora is the king of hats.
    Fedoras look good when they're crisp and clean.
    And they also look good when they're crumpled and old.
    A fedora has character.

A flatcap also has character, but I'm not sure if one can truly compare a flatcap to a fedora. They seem to be in completely separate categories.

A fedora.
    Yeah.

Brings to mind the 40's. When men were men and Bogey was king.
    "Fancy schmancy! What a cinch! Betty Boop! What a dish! Betty Grable. Nice gams."

The fedora.
    That's a hat.

Here's a hat that is similar to a flatcap.
    What do you think of it?

12. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

I totaly agree about a fedora as they are very sexy hats esp. when the guy wears it slightly back on the head and the band runs parrel to his hairline. A cigar goes well with one quite nicely as Joe Pesci proved in The Public eye he even turned his hat backwards to take a shot of dead gangsters and insisted on the mans hat being in the shot.
    I wear fedoras and enjoy them very much Have you tried a trilby? its quite silmar to a fedora hat thou usualy made of tweed.
    As for the cap the biker bloke is wearing I must admit I have never worn a studded cap but I have worn a fishermans/whalf dockmans cap and they feel awesome.
    You are right fedoras and flatcaps are in a different leage but to me it seems just like a personal choice of the person wearing it I am a cap and a hat person thou I prefer a flatcap.

FCM

13. Roman Banned Banned

You brits have some weird hobbies/past times/obsessions.

14. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

When I went over the UK I did notice only a few flatcaps and trilbys in Preston and nearly 80 to 90% flatcaps or trilbys in Skipton which is on the border on Yorkshire. It felt good to blend in with the older crowd and I even got a few happy smiles and lit up eyes from a couple of older chaps. And none of them seemed cranky like Jan's Man with Porsche character (he did look very business like and serious or that could be the actors methoid of "get the job done for his vodka money") nor impulsive to protect an expensive car.

I have noticed flatcapmen are sterotyped either they are old men, cranky looking, always by themselves unless married but this is not always the case as yes the bulk of them are elderly expect for a few younger chaps like myself who love the style and yes some may be cranky looking because they cant accept the world changing like it has and they cling to the style they grew up with. But there are flatcapmen who are happy people and are willing to accept people at face value.

FCM

15. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

I used to wear a Derby hat for two years but I prefer the flat cap as the derby got a lot of lint and was a pain to clean all the time. I do own 2 derby hats which I proudly wear on special occasions and even have the excact John Steed 3 piece
    The flat cap is interchangeable meaning it can just as easy go with casual clothes as it does with a 3 piece or 2 piece suit. Having the cap match the suit is a bonus and looks totaly boss on some guys including myself.

FCM

16. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Hi flatcapman!

I can’t believe I missed your posts, I’m terribly sorry. I’ve been trying to revive the flatcap in my area. I bought one over a year ago, its completely black. At that time I had my hair quite long and the hat looked great, it looked even better when I grew a little beard, I used to wear it both ways (front and back-to-front). My friends all liked the hat, I got loads of compliments, they all tried it on but it never really took off. I’ve only seen a handful of youngens wearing the flatcap and it’s a shame. The older lot do wear flatcaps, even Asian men. I’m gonna try and get the old man to wear one, lol.

I absolutely abhor baseball caps, they are shabby and tacky, yuck! I can understand wearing a baseball cap while playing baseball but with any other sport it should be prohibited. Playing football/cricket with long hair is difficult, I had to avoid the temptation to put on a baseball cap, I got myself a headband instead that is what most longhaired English footballers do. Cricketers should also shun the baseball cap, they should stick with standard cricket hats. They look cool.

Flatcapman, what do you think of baseball caps?

And what do you think of Islamic hats e.g. prayer hats, turbans etc.

17. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Baseball caps can be handy in welding environments, for one you'll find some welders wear them back to front because the actual visor used during welding would otherwise be difficult to pull down because of the rim. It's also handy to have the rim facing back over your neck collar in situations where a welder might be working under someone welding, grinding or cutting as it's very easy to get something hot dropping down the back of your neck.

I don't think Flatcaps would be practical in that environment unfortunately, unless someones is going to spend the time redesigning the visor to fit them.

18. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

Hello Ghost

It is refreshing to hear that a younger person like myself has worn a flat cap and I do agree it is a pity that most young people flow with socity and avoid tradional headgear. I like the cricket hat you have a picture of and think they look classy. I once saw older chaps at the cricket on tv wearing the cap Dickie Bird used to wear so the white summer cap really took off over there and even an elderly chap wearing a white cap with a piece of cardboard over his nose which looked different but quite odd.
    I never really liked baseball caps some guys wear them in such a dirty and ripped up state that they look off-putting. I have tried one but they dont really suit me.
    As for the turban and other headgear like that I never really thought much about them. Im too pale for a turban and it would make me look like a ghost (excuse the pun no joke intended).
    I remeber years back when I was on a hair-dyeing kick and had purple hair I was wearing a tweed flatcap and an elderly chap came up to me and asked me why I was wearing one I told him that "I enjoy them and that everyones different" taking the cap off he saw my purple hair and said "your different alright"
    I did notice one very strange older chap sporting a tweed flatcap around 3 times who notices me puts his cap on at a tilt and struts past me like a peacock all the time his eyes were on me. I saw him sit beside 4 others and he adjusted his cap str8 to talk to them.
    I felt like saying "Listion here pal if you are going to put on a tradional show for me at least tip your cap and say "allo".
    It was very strange and I cant figure this guy out and if he is making fun of me he better keep a steady hand on his cap as I could have nicked it off his head to teach him a lession (I wouldn't but it was tempting). LOL

FCM

19. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

I think filmmakers should to learn to understand acceptance and tolorance towards people who like myself and older gentlemen like myself who enjoy wearing the tradional style of the flat cap and to stop hiding thier hatred of the style under the thin disguse of films using flatcapmen as victims or near victims to prove their point. We are human beings and not special effects foddler to satisfy the bloodlust of people who dont wear one and never will. We have feelings and mine was badly hurt by Segal's nasty approach to killing one of us and not even having the balls to do it himself (his ugly rat partner did it-you know the one the rat from Final Destination 3 on the subway tracks who enjoys nibbleing on chocolate bars after a young lad took a slobbery bite out of it 1st and pegged it onto the tracks..LOL).
    It would have been WAY better if Man with Porsche pulled Dunoir out of his beloved porsche by the balls and used the chain smoking guys face as a punching bag and you see how HUGE this germans guys hands are? TRUST ME he sure knows how to pack a punch and def an uppercut.
    Hes like a German Popeye with a green turnio flat cap.
    I wonder if he had spinach in his breifcase(sandwiches of course with a little feta cheese-yummy)
    FCM