Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tnerb, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

I went to the fair yesterday.
    k

Rode this ride named the "Starship 2000".
    k

This ride spins and spins and spins and spins, really fast and you're in the starship, having "gravity" push you up aganist the wall. I used to love this ride.
    k

But not this time.
    Y???

Because I was afraid that I was going to swallow my tounge. I have been having fears of this when I sleep. The whole time on the ride was terror, like, "ok, you can survive, you don't have to die Brent!" So I obviously had preventative medicine that is I held my toung where I know where it's at, and keep it there.

Is it possible to swallow your tounge?
    I heard it was only in convulsions; but what about someone who has another condition--- possibly me?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/body/tongue_noSW.html

"Tongue Held Down Tight
    Have you ever wondered what keeps you from swallowing your tongue? Look in the mirror at what's under your tongue and you'll see your frenulum (say: fren-yuh-lum). This is a membrane (a thin layer of tissue) that connects your tongue to the bottom of your mouth. In fact, the whole base of your tongue is firmly anchored to the bottom of your mouth, so you could never swallow your tongue even if you tried!"

I'm glad you had a day out, sounds nice...aside form the anxieties.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

What other condition do you think you have?

Brent, it's a good idea to look both ways before crossing the street, but why waste time worrying about dangers which aren't likely to occur?

When you were at the fair, did you hear and see lots of people? Lots of people, who despite trying many rides, were not dying? Maybe even having fun?

This is your world. Have common sense, but don't let fear stop you from enjoying it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

I used to be worried I'd fall asleep with chewing gum in my mouth and choke to death. It was a bit like your fear and pretty stupid, because I only chew gum when I'm outside doing something. I'd wake up and then panic, thinking I might be choking on chewing gum too, but then obviously I wasn't and I'd call myself a twat.

8. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

i hate that ride.... makes me sick... ill...

its unnatural....

last time i was on it.. i was just glad it ended.

i wont ride it again... its not fun.. its a torture STRESS test for astronauts.

-MT