What's life like in the 5-26th dimensions?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by 2Dogswalking, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2Dogswalking Registered Senior Member

I've read here that everything beyond the 4th dimension is a theoretical or mathematical construct. I've read here that all other dimensions are mutliples of the first three. I've also read elsewhere that all dimensions intersect in the 3rd, and that all dimensions represent varying frequencies, or vibrations, and the 5-26 dimensions overlay, but are not accessible to one another without energy transfers, or transformations of matter.

I say all this without a clue of what I'm talking about.

My question is, assuming you could move beyond our known dimensions through some kind of energy/matter transmogrification, what could be our human perception of that dimension, and what modifications might we need to exist in that altered state?

Earth hangs in the balance...I'm waiting for the galactic "bus", I hope it gets here on time.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I would surmise that, be it 5 or 26 dimensional awareness, you would still have more questions than answers.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

If a 4D person steps into our 3D world, chances are that we will see the foot or the bottom of the person. No matter how much we try, we may not picture the total look...(just as we step into the 2D world...)

So, dont even try...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

We be 4D already.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Ender Registered Senior Member

SOME THOUGHTS

Concider This

Our brains can only observe the 4D world that we live in. If we were picked out of our 4D world, and thrown into a 6D world, we would see things dissaperaing, and re-appearing in other places, and we would only be able to see things in 4D

IN the story "flatlander" (i forget who it's written by) a 2D being is picked off the page and thrown nito 3D. But he only see's in 2D. SO he sees things appearing and changing shap ans he moves up and down through the 3D world.

It's almost like that. I have found it beat to read stroies like that ,to think about it, and just to put it into our world.

9. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2002
  10. Ender Registered Senior Member

THanks

Concider this

yeah, thanks

11. Hoth Registered Senior Member

Doesn't mean we can think of ourselves that way easily, since our senses are 3-D and memory just draws us a very pathetic estimate of the 4th dimension. We can't see the 4-D shape our lives carve out, so we’re creatures of 3-D perception.

A tesseract is to a cube as a cube is to a square. For higher dimensions, just keep going perpandicular to the other dimensions... except most of us can't image it. And if we kept our limited perspective, and went to a 5-D universe, I guess it'd be like the way 3-D objects look when you move them through a plane. Move a sphere through a plane and you get an expanding and then contracting circle. Move a cube through a plane, and you'd have a rectangle... depending on the angle it was at, it might change size or might not.

12. e_to_the_x Registered Member

Well, assuming we existed in a multi-dimentional universe, light from outside our space (as a 3D intersection) would be hitting many-dimensional eyes, and we would experience it all. Well, this isn't happening, so if we were ever rotated out of our comfy little space, we would still only see a 2D image with our eyes.

Sorry, I just figured it was my SciForums duty to respond to at least one "how many dimensions" post.

It's all about intersections though.

13. kmguru Staff Member

Good idea. On the otherhand, light could also be a local phenomena just like ourselves - belonging to our space-time which could be really the sub-space on a multi-system....

14. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

What is life like in these imaginary heaps-dimensions? They have more cheese.

15. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Out of curiosity - if there is only, say, 26 dimensions; what does the 26th dimension exist in?

16. Schrödinger's cat Registered Member

We only live in a 3D world (no matter what you say, Time is not a <i>Spacial</i> dimension, and is generally excluded from the three dimensions we talk about in our world). When we look at things, we see a 2D picture of the 3D scene in front of us (although our Brain allows us to recognise it as 3D). If we lived in a truly 4D world, then we would see everything in 3D. Like, if we looked at a box, we would see all six faces of the box as well as the inside at the same time. Because of this we cannot imagine what it would be like, and our brains would just try to see the usual 2D picture. It wouldn't make any sense, so it would all just be crazy and everywhere. Also, in any higher dimensions, things would be seen in the dimension below it, so we cannot even begin to imagine that without understanding even the dimension above us.

17. mjainit Registered Member

Dimension

afrffsdfsdfsdfsfsfsfs

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

In mathmatics.

19. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

The notion of 'dimensions' in physics is not that seen in all too many sci fi TV shows or films. 'The fourth spacial dimension' is not a parallel universe, it is a direction of motion. Yes, you can construct different 3 dimensional universes separated by distances in an additional direction (or directions) but that's a special system which has 'the fourth spacial dimension' already.

They are simply additional directions over and above 'up/down', 'left/right', 'forward/backwards'.

20. mjainit Registered Member

I can answer this question with large explanation but i have to add three images in my question.but i'm new member so i can't add links to my answers..(Till 20 post)

21. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

It doesn't need a large explanation, they are just extra versions of 'up/down', 'left/right' etc. The whole "The fifth dimension is energy, the sixth dimension is thought,...." stuff is nonsense and the people who say that don't know anything about what physics actually means by 'dimension' or they get their grasp of 'extra dimensions' by watching the original Star Trek series where 'other dimension' means one where everyone whose good here is bad there and everyone whose bad there has a goaty.

22. ALF Registered Member

1st, 2nd, & 3rd dimensions are highth, width, and length.
    the 4th is time. from there on its tricky, but i theorise that the fifth is universe. why universe? because, where movement is involved, as you get higher into the dimensions, the harder it is to move in them. you can move freely in the three dimensions, you can hardly move freely through time, and the only other thing that you can possibly move freely in is one universe to the next, although this is literally impossible.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Read the thread. They aren't.

The universe is an environment, not a dimension.

Is this not contradicted by this:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.