Rampant Shooting in Schools of America

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Saint, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

Bloody school, who dares to go to school?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Gotta expect it with guns being so freely accessible, not everyone is sane, sanity is not a consideration when issuing a gun licence.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

For second had gun sales in the US, there are no considerations, apart from 'do you have the money'.

But anyway, it's a no brainer, guns let people kill people easily in the heat of the moment, so the more guns, equals the more 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' stupidity such as this.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

precicesly

I am surprised (PMT being the way it is) that women (in USA) arn't actually the top offenders of 'its seemed like a good idea at the time' killings.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Let's not forget to blame god.

9. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Okay, so you think these people would be any safer to be around without guns? Yeah right, uh huh. They'd just use IED's.

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Well, we tend not to have killers entering schools and killing kids in the Uk, this is an American phenomenon and the weapon of choice is always a gun, so perhaps you'd care to explain how it occurs elsewhere where they don't have guns.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So ...one crazy person uses some weapon to kill a few people, so y'all blame the weapon?

One crazy person with a gun kills some people, so you want to take guns away from all of the law-abiding, sane citizens of the nation? If he'd used a knife, would you want to take all the knives away from everyone else?

Why don't y'all want to blame the man who did the killings ...instead of seeking something else on which to place the blame?

Why not place the blame on, say, the society that allows a crazy man to walk around among it's citizens? Believe me, we'll find out soon that he exhibited "strange" behavior for years and years ...and no one did a fuckin' thing about it.

Baron Max

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So ...people weren't killed before the invention of the gun?

Baron Max

13. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

children in schools being 'shot' by solo maniacs = american phenomenon,
    regularly occurring, not isolated incident.

as I said before, feel free to cite similar incidents (school children killed enmasse by solo maniacs) reguarly occurring in other countries where no gun was used.

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Not one. Three in one week already.

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

That isn't the debate. The debate is whether fewer people would die if there were strict gun control, and the answer is yes, in countries where there is strict gun control, there are fewer homicides.

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

This is an isolated incident then? Are all the gun deaths per year in the USA 'isolated'

Stop repeating the 'one crazy' line. How many gun deaths are there per year in the USA? 30,000 ish? How many of those homicides?

If law abiding, sane citizens won't abide by gun control measures, who will? You put laws in place to say that criminals can't own guns? So what, they are criminals, they just ignore the law and go buy second hand, no questions asked. If law abiding citizens care, they shouldn't mind the minor inconvenience of registering for firearms ownership, and presenting their license before buying guns and ammunition. This is the only way to prevent the spread of guns; make owners accountable for the weapons they own.

On knives, here's a graph for you;

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Shows that people use the easiest method to kill people. First handguns, because they are easily concealed and deadly, then knives, same reason, then 'other guns', one presumes long weapons, which are harder to conceal, then blunt objects. Make it harder, and fewer people will die, it's that simple.

Knives are controlled though aren't they? Can you carry a flicknife, or switchblade? A sword? The 2nd amendment states 'the right to bear arms' and does not specifically mention firearms, so why do you Americans accept the restrictions on knives, but not guns? What is the reason for that?

Guns don't kill people, mostly it's people with guns. Of course I blame him, AND the ease of which he aquired his weapon of choice.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Where the fuck have you been? We do have to register a gun purchase! That's been on the books for a long time ...have you been sleeping?

And gun owners ARE accountable for their weapons, and have been for a long, long time. You've been sleeping a lot, ain't you?

Actually people with cars kill far more than people with guns. And there are about a gazillion car laws on the books, have they stopped the killings by people with cars? No! So what law do you think we should adopt to stop people with cars from killing other people?

Baron Max

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Raise gas prices to 30 dollars a gallon.

Bet that would stop a lot of cars

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Not always.

The purchase of a car is highly regulated. So is the usage of cars. Moreover the prime purpose of the car is transport. The prime use of a gun is to kill.

But if you ask me personally we could forbid the ownership of all cars too. it wouldn't affect me much.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Actually, Spurious, most guns are used in sport shooting, target practice, than for anything else, including legal hunting or anything else. It's for sport and enjoyment like many/most sporting goods.

Listen, most all gun advocates that I know are the very first to condemn this kind of horrible crime, but it wasn't the gun that did it or caused it. If the crazy bastard had wanted to do it badly enough, he could have used a baseball bat or a club. The poor gun didn't want to shoot those kids! It was just along for the ride ...it didn't do nothin' wrong.

Let's make crazy bastards register instead of worryin' about guns!

Baron Max

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I'm sorry, but i do not believe you. We heard 'testimony' of several american sciforumers who need their guns to defend themselves from criminals and from their own government.

Moreover, a sporting gun looks usually quite different from one that is meant to kill. Ever seen the olympic shooting contests? These guns are not made for killing as is the average american gun that is sold. The prime purpose of the average gun sold in the USA is to kill.

Hunting also occurs in Europe and these guns are highly regulated. That doesn't stop the people in Europe from enjoying their 'sport'. In fact they rather are willing to make the sacrifice of the paperwork.

The school incident could have happened with a knife or baseball bat, but it would not have been the same. People can run away from a knife or bat. You cannot take multiple people hostage with 1 knife. You can actually fight a knife or baseball bat and stand a change.

If you run away from a gun you get shot in the back.

There is no comparison. The US army mainly depends on guns and not knives when patrolling Iraq or afghanistan. If you would ask them why they are not using a baseball bat instead they would probably laugh at you.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Very good, Spurious, I wasn't sure how anyone could twist up my words in such a manner, but you did good ...real good ....even if it's all just agenda bullshit.

Baron Max

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned