Using the word 'Black' on this forum!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by alexb123, Oct 1, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I have had the word 'Black' deleted from my post " Why do males shoot other males?"

Please could the moderator who did this give me a guide to when I can or can't use the word 'Black'?

I would like to point out that in light of being sensitive to the black population I chose to avoid entitling the thread 'Why do Blacks shoot other Blacks'.

I personally see on racist or negative use of the word 'Black' here in the title I chose, I was merely attempting to understand a Social issue that is prevalent within a certain demographic!

Surely the moderator who censored this post cannot claim that they aspire to think in a scientific manner?

Please could you make the rule on this forum clear in regard to the use of the word 'Black'.

Thank You

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

What's the political correct term nowadays?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, it's not terminology, Spurious, it's something else! The moderators seem overly fearful of racism as a topic, but I don't know why. Refusing to talk about something makes it become a hidden issue, which can fester into something more and worse.

Open discussion is the only way racism is going to be dealt with ....other than outright force of arms ...forcing people to love each other, or die a horrible death!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

hippie.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

...LOL! Hey, I'm trying like hell to be politically correct and overly generous ...you should cheer my efforts. I would normally have mentioned "open season", but I'd probably get banned again!

But, seriously, how can we hope to overcome something if we keep it hidden and refuse to talk about it openly? Does that seem like the way to go to you?

Baron Max

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I believe the politically correct term these days is 'chocolate'.

And you should refer to us crackers as 'milk'.

That way we can all get together and boogey as 'milk chocolate'.

Hey. Is it racist that milk gets top billing? But, then again, milk is like an adjective to chocolate's chocolatey goodness.

Oreos 'N Cream for EVERYONE!!!

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I think it's more that they're tired of it.
    For a long time there, some of the most active threads in the forum were the 'racist' threads.
    And they all sucked ass. Boring. Accusations of racism. Reverse racism. Same old hackneyed crap with nobody listening to the other...

I'm surprised that James didn't just delete or cesspool the thread in question. Seems rather playful of him to change the title like that. I mean, the thread really had little going for it, did it?

11. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

It's funny they changed "blacks" to "males" and had the nerve to not change "shot" to "shoot." At least the authorities have humor on their side.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

no, what's funny is people thinking that blacks are the only people that shoot people.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, that's not what this topic is about at all! As I read it, the guy simply wanted to know why black people shoot THEIR OWN people as opposed to white people, which many blacks claim to hate.

But besides that, per capita, all of the stats of the FBI show that blacks shoot more people than whites ...it's a simple, plain, ordinary fact and easily reviewed on the FBI crime stats page. Blacks make up only about 12% of the population in the USA, but are involved in the majority of violent crimes.

Baron Max

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I suppose that there are people who believe that the oppression of blacks ended some time before 1960. Hey, in Kansas city the law fucks with them every chance they get. They've slowed down, not stopped.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, maybe if the blacks of KC didn't riot, collect in gangs on the streets and be responsible for such massive crime, they might enjoy some of the police protections that the rest of us law-abiding citizens enjoy.

Oppression is a subjective term ...and it's used now by most blacks only to stir up the racist crap where none might have been in evidence. And the more they talk about it, and scream it out, the more problems they create. If the blacks would clean up their own neighborhoods, perhaps the cops would help them out a little bit more.

Baron Max

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The question of the thread is explaining male behaviour. Since shooting each other is not a racial issue, the insertion of the word "blacK" was nothing more than an attempt to incite racial hatred. Hence, the title was minimally changed.

17. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

No. It was asking about chocolate behavior.
    And not trying to incite hatred.
    Everybody LOVES chocolate.

18. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Hey James.
    You could have changed the title of my "make fun of blacks" thread. It had a terrible title, but had some good content.

I just think it's kinda gay that blacks can make fun of whites, but whites can't make fun of blacks.

19. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I think it's a good question whether black men shoot each other more than white men do. It isn't a question of race in itself. It is true that black men in many places in the U.S. are treated much worse than white men are.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You're homophobic as well as racist?

21. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I like milk chocolate.
    I hate dark chocolate.

I'm not racist though.

22. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

James, you are mistaken and should return the thread to its original name. Concern about "Black on Black" crime has been around for a long time. Here's an article from Cincinatti about a bill passed by black councilmembers to deal with Black on Black crime.
    Clearly these black councilmen feel blacks shooting blacks is a problem. Why don't you?
    That's what you're doing. You're shutting down discussion on black crime, as though by doing so the issue will go away. It won't.

23. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

From that last link:
    It's bullshit of course. Well-meaning bullshit, but bullshit all the same. Black people don't kill black people. Black people mainly shoot (and commit crimes against) the people they know - and it just so happens that most of these happen to be black. White people mainly shoot (and commit crimes against) the people they know - and it just so happens that most of these happen to be white. It's no mystery.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006