Photoediting Question.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by 420Joey, Sep 29, 2006.

1. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

is there any way to make all of the smoke dark green?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Might be a little tricky because of the light. The quick and easy colour replace would make half his face green. I'll play with it for something to do.

Did you take the pic on a phone?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Since I messed round with Absane's avatar, I decided to have a go with this too, not brilliant but I'm only just starting to play with Compositing.

It was simple enough getting a Cloud to place where originally the contrast was too high and had a loss on the smokes shape, the problem was merging it with the smoke that already existed. Also you'll notice my Lighting is inconsistant, which is something I guess I'll have to pay more attention to in the future.

8. valich Registered Senior Member

Geez! What program are you using to do this? This looks like something that I can use to draw the geology maps that I need. I could cut-and-paste the land area, then divide it off into colored sections labelled at the bottom.

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I think both mine and phonetics is probably Adobe Photoshop.

In Phonetics it's just simple Hue changes.

My version attempted to user layers to merge a Hue effect of the original smoke, with a composite of a cloud that had been grey scale but then had the Hue altered. On top of that a little smudge brushing to try and create continuity in the clow structure, although it wasn't manipulated to keep the lighting at the same angle.

I have to admit I'm not too fond of Drawing things from scratch using Photoshop though, I just can't seem to get on with it. I actually use Flash for any artistic purposes and then export the image from Flash to Photoshop for any extra compositing.

10. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

I was using paint shop pro 9. I prefer it to Photoshop for some reason, even though it might not be as good.

Yeah, I was using change to colour = hue changer. I experimented a little with the lighter/darker with a very low level of hardness. When I used a lot of stokes in smoke shapes and different directions, it started to build up.

I made a bit of a cock of it, so gave up. I'll try again though.

Wouldn't you be better off with something like this valich?

That's what I'll be using this year at uni apparently. No experience of it yet though.

Looks like there's a free trial here *cough* if you were so inclined. isohunt search

11. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Pretty bad so far. More crap attempts after dinner