dancing.......

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by riku_124, Sep 24, 2006.

1. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

how do you dance? can soemone pelase expalin that to me.
    how do you dance to

rap?

rock?

slow?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Move your hips, nod your head a bit, preferably in time with the music.

Copious quantities of alcohol boost confidence.

Just look at what everyone else does. Nobody really knows what they're doing, that's the fun of it all.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

im good at lsow dancing the one girl said

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i was on a boy scout campout, but it was a co ed cmap out iwth a dance saterday night
    i jsut wanna know for the next one... cause i only dnaced during hte slow ones

and how to i aviod stpeiing the the womens feet?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Don't lift your feet off the ground much. Drag them if anything.

The most important aspect of slow dancing is to get a good grope in.

Breathe in the girls ear for added effect.

8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I've never been invited to dance to a rap tune. But it looks like a common way is to lift one leg while leaning to the other side, then put it down and go the other way. A lot of quick arm and head motions.

There are really no rules to rock dancing, the whole idea is to "do your own thing." If the floor is crowded you can just do a two-step. (Move one foot out and back, then move the other foot out and back. Keep your knees bent and shift your weight a little so you don't look like a scarecrow. You can bring your foot not quite back to the starting position, thereby moving around the floor slowly as well as turning your body.) If you have more room you can make up your own. Broad arm motions are good. "Head banging" if the song is appropriate for it. If you're familiar with the songs you can, often in real time, develop moves that go with each particular one. Raising your fist, freezing in place, stomping, wiggling your butt, the King Tut, dropping into a squat, pogoing, even the twist, all of those moves can synch with either the lyrics or the dynamics of the music. It helps a lot to not be self-conscious. If you're trying to look cool you'd better take dance lessons. You generally don't do rock dancing with your partner and half the time you might not even have a partner, so coordinating with someone else isn't usually an issue.

If you are actually dancing with a partner, try not to freeze yourselves in one spot on the floor. Move around her, rotate so you're not always facing her, and then perhaps you can coordinate a move where you slowly walk around each other while facing in your original direction, without following each other's gaze.

Try to move your whole body. It's often said that white people only dance from the waist down, the "Riverdance" syndrome.

I watch women dance and try to copy a couple of moves, they're usually better at it and they really care how they look. I suppose if you slavishly copy women's moves somebody will accuse you of dancing like a girl, but if you're so talented that you can actually pull that off you wouldn't be here asking us for advice.

Slow dancing is partner dancing, in the classic pose with your right hand behind her waist, her left hand somewhere on your shoulder (behind you if you're well acquainted, between you if she wants to keep her distance), your left arm and her right arm partially extended with your hands clasped but not interlaced. If you're not both fairly accomplished dancers then again you should stick to the two-step. You're supposed to lead by very lightly moving the hand on her waist in the direction you want to go. I've never been able to do that so it's a good reason to not get too animated. You'll probably end up slowly rotating in a direction that one of you picks unconsciously and the other one is comfortable with. If you've got a partner who leads, just let her, nobody's going to score you when you're done.

If you raise your left hand and pull hers up with you over your heads, while you disengage your other hands, that's a signal that you want to spin her by gently guiding her raised right hand in a small circle in the direction you want her to turn. She might not know the move so don't knock her off balance in the confusion.

If you want to snuggle dance put your right hand a little farther around her waist and let her pick up on the signal. If she moves in closer you end up touching front-to-front and you pull your clasped hands in closer to your bodies. The difference in your height will obviously have a major effect on how this works out, you could end up face to face or with your chin on top of her head or vice versa. If she doesn't want to do this just be a gentleman and pull your hand back.

Two rules for any kind of dancing: Put your beer down, and don't smoke until you're sitting down again.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  9. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Wise words.

I've broken those rules and since learned from my mistakes. Trying to father a pint, smoke and dance at the same time on a busy dancefloor is bad news. You're likely to end up:

a) covered in beer
    b) crying because of the smoke in your eyes
    c) looking like a complete tit because your eyes are streaming, you're covered in beer and you can't dance.

10. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Although, if you want to look cool, do the opposite. If you don't smoke, borrow a cigarette and pretend you do. Try not to get the smoke in your eyes or the beer down your front, as this way you'll look like a complete tit because your eyes are streaming, you're covered in beer and you can't dance.

11. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

lmao, thanks fraggle, givin the fact htis was a boy scout/ girl scout dance, no one really gaave a shit, but the pretty girls did, i had the rpettiest there, cause during the day we were put into " patrols" and me and her tlaked the entire day, but hse had a boy firned and felt bad, cause she got the hint i was lfiritng with her all day, i do have her phone number though

12. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Boyfriends are inanimate objects that need to be pushed out the way, until you're the boyfried that is.

If you're offering her something better, she'll go for it. So, you should go for it

And well done, man. Bet you're feeling great just now. Keep it up, you deserve it

13. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

what do i deserve for what? lol

and what do i have better to offer her, that i will never see her so she cna cheet on me with whoever hse wants? cause thats about it

ohh if we woulda gotten close, my face woulda been in her breasts so :-D i wouldal iekd that

OH does the robot count as good dancing? cause i cna do the robot pretty well

oh and how do you break dance?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  14. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

lol

You're young. Do whatever you want.

The best times of my life were when I was 14. I had the confidence and the cockiness to persuade every girl that.. well I don't know. I kissed, groped and did various other things to any girl I saw fit and none of them said no or tried to stop me. If you won't see her, forget her, but remember, you had her full attention and had her questioning her relationship. You're worth it, man.

I'm mainly trying to boost your confidence, but you are worth it. So, don't forget that. Any girl you can get your hands on/sink your teeth in (ok, I can't think of anything that sounds decent

), go for it.

You deserve it. You are THE man. DO IT!

15. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Learn spanish dancing (salsa, bachata, merengue) and you can dance to any music played in clubs.

It teaches you the basic hip movements which are neccessary to discern between dancing and making an ass out of yourself on the dance floor.

and alcohol...it's a good buffer and loosens up the body. Don't make it a habit to dance only after you drink. Dancing is 90% confidence 10% technique. Once you have conviction in your mind your body naturally follows through...

and trust me, doesn't matter what other guys say, a guy who can dance definetly gets the women on and off the dance floor.

16. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

Quoted for truth

17. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

lol... shit. The questions that are asked on these forums. How do you dance?
    Poorly.

That sounds like pretty good advice Sergeant. Are you a good dancer?

18. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Not really, but I don't fear it as much, I suppose that's the first step towards getting good at it.

Use to be terrified by it but friend of mine, after seeing me dance or try to anyway, just grabbed me like a woman one day and said "you're learning to dance, I don't care if I have to treat you like a bitch"...so he did and I started to dance and it really works. I saw the type of women he hung around with and that was motivation enough.

The level of women I started getting and giving numbers to went up drastically.

One thing most guys don't realize is that: Most women don't really know how to dance either. It looks like they do because they swerve their hips and curve their backs sensually. But try this, grab one hot girl and tell her to follow your rhythm and watch the train wreck that ensues.....just make sure you know what you're doing beforehand

19. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Breakdancing? I didn't know anybody does that any more except in exhibitions. It was a 1980s thing. It's like a solo gymnastics routine set to rap or hip-hop music. You do a lot of flipping, rolling and spinning on the floor. It's very athletic, requires tricky balancing, speed, precise coordination, nimble flexibility, and strength.

Can you do a cartwheel or a backflip, effortlessly, on command, without having to psyche yourself up for it? Can you do the Cossack dance, bouncing up and down on alternate knees while kicking the other one straight out? If not, then don't try breakdancing.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Breakdancing is quite hip with the young people still. Even here in cold scandinavia. There are classes on offer in many places.

21. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

That's not breakdancing... that's falling on the ice.

~Raithere

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you're a girl or gay, you don't have to ask. If you're a guy, don't do it.

23. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

dont do what spider goat?

LOL i tlaked my firend int othrowing a dance party for his birthday, but isnce im his only ifnred he aksed me to make the guest list, and to make the play list

What else could i do to make me a better dancer? or boast my confidance....

I AM THE MAN!!!!!!!! as u say