Have a small problem with new video card...

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Pollux V, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Today is president's day, and that means that virtually no one is likely to be at the ATI technical support phone...place. Anyway here's the problem: We're pretty sure we installed the video card correctly, this guy from gateway talked us through it and everything worked all right. When we plugged our monitor's wire into the video outlet itself, however, a BIOS screen came up telling us that basically the computer recognized the video card and all we needed to do was activate it under my computer+properties. However when we go to the screen we can't get any farther, so we have to unplug the monitor and put it back into our old video card.

I'm fairly certain I have everything correct here, does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. esp Registered Senior Member

Can't help, I'm afraid, but Nice new avatar!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Ah, well, thank you. I think I found the website where you might've gotten yours, I saw it and a bunch of other atomic-like structures.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

sorry me no expert

first tht comes in mind - old mother board or BIOS version; next-> bad drivers.

better ask Stryderunknown about this

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well after waiting for about four hours on tec support and calling either ATI or Gateway (never buy one of these pieces of SHIT) the video card works great and I got a chance to test out deus ex before me parents had to take it away for a punishment (you fellas out there know the whole shebang). It'll probably be at least a week before I can do some HARDCORE gaming.

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

??????????????????

NO, I DON'T know. what did you do?? Sell your grandma into slavery for your new video-card????

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Happy 500 avatar!! I'm almost to a thousand...

Well of course it involved schoolwork...long story short it involved redoing a paper for english that got a fine grade but missed a standard in this stupid portfolio thing (we put all of our good work together and hope that on top of getting good grades that we can graduate from high school-its the biggest pile of bull shit this side of the atlantic) so I spent a week handing it back and forth between my teacher THEN when I passed her the final copy she had to go grade some tests somewhere else so I didn't get it back. Arrr its so frustrating, I had the whole thing planned out, I was going to rot my brain out in front of this machine for a full week long vacation (for president's day) but noooo my teacher has to go grade PAPERS the day I'm FINISHED...

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

>confused<

sorry, I don't quite understand your educational system. I'm not saying tht mine is better, I just don'tunderstand???!

and I'm happy I don't need to (I think)

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

BTW I'm catching up with you

Avatar-502 (4.32 posts per day) [joined Oct 2001]
    :
    Pollux V 995 (3.46 posts per day) [joined May 2001]

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

But I am still riding into the sunset...

14. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I have to admit I was neck and Neck for a bit with Pollux on the Posts, but I had to slow down because:

I was at the time trying to place a large amount of content and thought into every post.

Then I started messing around with a few games, a few new computers, I had to create a few site and then have been plotting something else....

In fact whileI sit doing nothing, I am actually extremely busy in the theoretics department.... The only time I'll get to rest will be too late to celebrate.

15. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Really? Ha! That is FUNNY! Right now my chief competitor is at the top, yes, you all know who I'm talking about, TIASSA! She was at around a thousand when I first joined almost a year ago, which means that, although she has posted two times as much as I have in the same amount of time that we've both been around (I think) I will still continue to battle and broaden my interests...

But I just cant get into philosophy and that general religion-ish area.

16. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Just had a funny idea-You two could follow me around sciforums and reply at least twice to everything I said, that way you could easily overtake me very quickly. Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.