Should animal sex be legal?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by infoterror, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infoterror Registered Senior Member

Denmark's animal bordellos reportedly draw Norwegian clients, but both countries have loopholes that make such establishments legal.

Neither Denmark nor Norway has a prohibition on sex with animals, as long as the animals do not suffer.

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1458080.ece

I dunno, man. I'm tolerant but not THAT tolerant

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

If you're intolerant of it merely because it offends your sense of morality, then as a libertarian I must disagree strongly. The state must not be granted the power to enforce one community's moral standards, regardless of its size, over all other communities. All attempts to do so, no matter how nobly intended, invariably result in second-order effects that are more harmful "to society" than whatever they were trying to outlaw.

If you think it's harmful to the animals, I'll hear you out. But apparently even the compulsively meddlesome governments of those quintessential nanny states disagree with you.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

If a person wants to have sex with an animal, well we should all at LEAST take notice that this person's actions do NOT affect our day-to-day lives. Should I be affected (or maybe you), it is because I choose not to ignore what is happening behind closed doors.

But I want people to understand that there is a difference between violating "your rights" and the "animal's rights," should an animal have any.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

it's disgusting that this is even being talked about.
    anyone caught having sex with an animal should be commited to an insane asylum for the rest of thier lives.

8. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Even if a person condems it?

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Well then.. yes or no.. should people be allowed to have sex with animals behind closed doors?

10. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

As long as the animals are treated well and they're not forced into it/held down, etc, then I don't see why not.

It's a bit unfair in a way, because most animals probably think they're procreating and obviously humans know (well, 99.9% of the ones with some intelligence) that they can't impregnate or be impregnated by an animal.

Is lying to animals morally wrong? =/

If there are health risks involved for the human or animal, then steps should be taken to ensure everything's ok.

Personally, I'm not sure about it all. I don't think it should be illegal, but it's not my cup of tea. A 'good' site, which is pretty amusing either way is beastforum. I'm sure google can give you the address if you need it. Definitely NSFW and contains pictures, videos, graphic accounts of sex with animals, etc. All in all, good clean fun and quite amusing.

We used to feed microsoft sam the user stories and let him read them out in college.

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

well gee absane let's just hope your next wife had sex with a horse and drank its come okay?

12. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Ok.. in reality I hope that does not happen. But from an unbiased standpoint (the bias being how I really act and not how I think I should act), it doesn't matter.

Of all the times you have shaken someone's hand, have you ever stopped to think if they masturbated just beforehand and didn't totally wash up? Should we outlaw masturbation?

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

no and i hardly 'wash up' myself

what on earth has this to do with screwing animals?

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Do you think a horse's goo is more disgusting than a human's goo?

15. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

It's time for the Taste Test Challenge!

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

you know how i feel, why are you asking me this disgusting shit for?

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

and i see you lining up for the first shot.
    *kidding

18. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

You'll soon be skipping the queue - semenex

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

You feel it is disgusting because it's outside the norm to think otherwise. We were all brought up in an environment that doesn't reward for having sex with animals (for biological and social reasons).

However, social norms tell us nothing about ethics. And biology is definitely not a marker for ethics. So what is?

But if you think this topic is digusting, just do not visit this thread. I do not think anyone here is going to promote the actions questioned in this thread (well at least I hope). I am against the acts, but for reasons I really I do not know why. Hence, my questioning.

20. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

You know what this thread reminds me of,

the debate about mentally disadvantaged members of society having sex.

Should they be able to have sex with each other?
    Should 'we' be able to have sex with them?

How do these questions make you 'feel'?
    What is your gut reaction?

The general concern in these issues as is the case with animals is that the less intelligent person or animal is being taken advantage of by the more intelligent human.

With other sex matters, society requires a need is to establish that there is 'consent' and that the consent is informed. Anything else we consider to be rape.

Can animals give informed consent, can a mentally retarded person give informed consent?

Is it fair to deprive a mentally retarded person of carnal pleasures?

You may be of the opinion that informed consent be less of an issue and it be more about 'pleasure'. If the animal and person seek and receive pleasure is that enough to justify the intelligent human having sex with them.

If we think yes, where does the pleasure principle end?

What of sex with children, is it ok if physically they are unharmed and there is pleasure?

IT is considerably easier to just say NO

no sex with animals, children or those adults who cannot give informed consent.

When we start to muddy the issues, the lines drawn become less and less clear and before we know it, the most abhorent things begin to be 'excusable'. Is that what we want?

Not I.

I consider those seeking unnatural sex should receive some sort of de-conditioning to relieve them of whatever improper 'imprinting' took place, and assist them in desiring more healthy and fulfilling relationships.

21. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i personally wouldnt go anywhere near it but if people are ok with it then i wouldnt ridicule them.

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

that's right. just like i feel that murder, rape, and incest is disgusting
    hell let's just go hog wild and legalize those too.

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

you would think differently if your wife of 3 or 4 years just dropped the bombshell that she sucks horsedicks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.