Which programming language is best suited for AI?

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Rick, Feb 17, 2002.

?

Which programming language is best suited for development of AI?

1. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. C++

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. ASSEMBLY .

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. JAVA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. VISUAL PROLOG

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. C#

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Valued Senior Member

OKAY,
    Which should be or which language is best suited for AI and why?

bye!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

I played with Turbo Prolog many years ago. Got frustrated because it took too much time and effort to do a simple application. I think the same problem exists with all of them. What we need is a built in super duper classes/ objects that handles the I/O such as display, graphics, sound (TTS, STT) and so on where you can add data and rules interactively through spoken command or from a separate look up table like a database.

Can anybody tell me what is the version of visual prolog and is it recent?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

My gut feeling is that if you get the algorithms and approach to AI right, the language of implementation will be irrelevant.

Where is the "None of the above" option?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ismu ::phenomenon::. Registered Senior Member

Prolog

I've tried using Turbo Prolog about 8~7 years ago. Compared to other languages, it's good enough -- just for AI, not other purposes. It's a little bit hard to formulate the problem into Prolog structure to get it's power for the first times, specially if we used to use many other languages. We likely 'framed' to procedural algorithm. But when we found it's philosophy of design, it such a wonderful AI language.

Why?
    Because:
    - it based on rule and data, not how to do.
    - it's logic based on comparing facts (or we can say patern), similar with the way human think.
    - it have fascinating internal backtracking/cut algorithm.
    - it can change it's 'logic' caused by the 'fact' (it's knowledge/data) after compiled.

I agree with kmguru that prolog should have more advanced classes to handle I/O. In the previous version i've tried, it just looks like brain without nerves of sensor. To make it usefull, we must combine it with C.

I haven't try the visual versions, yet. As a knew the newest version of Visual Prolog is version 5.x (free, ~50MB installer at CNet/ZDnet).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2002
  8. Rick Valued Senior Member

Try to write any AI program without concept of OOPS,and you"ll know the difference...

bye!

9. Rick Valued Senior Member

Hi KM,

I have vER 5.0,I DONT KNOW THE LATEST AS YET...,I BOUGHT IT ABOUT 6 MONTHS BACK...

BYE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.