Have you levitated lately?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Theoryofrelativity, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

deleted in protest to really poor moderation

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Yeah I remember doing this in school. People don't really try the first time but after some "ritual" or something they suddenly try properly the second time.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I have been the person on the chair, with just two people lifting. It worked bizarely well. I wonder what the explanation is for it, anyone know?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Power of suggestion. Duh.

[edit]
    First, there are 4 people lifting, all with both hands. If all they can lift is 30 lbs with one arm (which is barely anything), that's 240 lbs of lift.

Second, when the person thinks "heavy," what they're really doing is relaxing their body, which, as anyone who has ever had to pick up an unconcious person, quite difficult.

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

power of suggestion enabled two people using 4 fingers (one under each armpit other under chair) to lift my weight and that of chair to ceiling how exactly? DUH right back at ya fuck face

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Assuming the person is 200 pounds, with 2 fingers lifting each, each finger exerts a force of 25 pounds.

That isn't all that much.

Plus this is kind of like the "Ouija" board. I have done something like this with my sister. We got a book, told the "spirits" to lift it while we kept it from falling. I got to say, the book "magically" decreased in weight and started to rise.

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

4 fingers is 100 pounds not 200

11. Roman Banned Banned

Check my edit, sluts.

12. Roman Banned Banned

You use two hands, each hand exerts 25 lbs of force, everyone uses two hands.

That's 2 hands * 4 people * 25 lbs = 200 lbs.

Also, I didn't include all the types of things we're multiplying, but they cancel out. You can take my word for it.

13. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

will do barbed dick

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

If I read it right, there are 4 lifters, eh? Each uses 2 fingers to lift? 4*2 = 8 fingers total. 200 lbs/8 fingers = 25 lbs per finger.

15. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I only had two people though despite experimental notes mentioning 4, I did feel 'light' which was very bizarre. Really easy to plant a suggestion like that?

16. Roman Banned Banned

I read it as they were each using both hands, two fingers on each hand.

17. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I know but now we are talking about my partic experience, how would it work with just two. They were big guys I guess, me very petite, probs about 7.5 stone at that time. yeh by Abs calcs still do able. As I'd be around 1051bs.

Oh well thats the end of that then, ta mucho

18. Roman Banned Banned

Especially while two people lift you into the air, who, previously finding it difficult, find it very easy.

If you get enough people together, you can "levitate" a car. I've done it before. Pretty damn cool.

Strength in numbers, ja?

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Me and two others had to lift the backend of a pickup truck out of a 1-foot ditch because the dumbass thought he would go offroading near powerlines in thick brush.

20. Roman Banned Banned

Nice. Did you get the truck to think light thoughts?

21. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Not exactly. My friends wanted to get right into the lifting but after some good ol' convincing, we did 10 minutes of meditation.

22. philosopher´s stone Banned Banned

I once levitated in France - they have a funny machine shooting air up in the air - and you actually levitate in the airstream - extreeeeeemly funny ....you are weightless !!

I read Dan Brown´s book : Angels and demons - they seem to have the same machine in Cern in that book ....

You should definitely try it if you have the chance one day ....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

You have to be careful calling upon that 'extra' strength.

I did it a lot as a kid and I'm sure thats why I have a bad back every now and then. It is very muscular too though.

I had what some would consider 'abnormal strength' as a kid, but really I just did generally what others do less freqently in crisis situations.

Anyway becareful!