Peace Out!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Sep 21, 2006.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Ahh, more peace bullshit, huh? And we're having this "Peace Day" while over half of the world is killing and bombing people all over hell? ....LOL!

Sorta' like havin' international "Tree Day" at a convention of loggers? ...LOL!

How silly humans can be, huh? Of course, it might just be a way to combat boredom and having nothing better to do.

Baron Max

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sderenzi Banned Banned

It's ok I suppose, those involved seek peace, if there isn't anything like that already we should go around killing to bring it about. I'm tired of the people letting themselves be controlled by others when all we really desire is peace, and to have the chance to run around naked during the middle of the day and not be arrested. It's sick that you can be arrested for running about nude, the Earth is everyones.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Who's the "we" of which you speak? Obviously it can't include everyone, because about half of the world is fighting wars as we speak. So ....just who are the people that you say "really desire peace"?

I'm also curious about your ideals of peace being that you can run around naked if you want to? Is that what you think peace means??

Baron Max

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What's the problem with "fighting" for peace?

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Ain't that sorta' hippo-critical? And you can't see that?

Baron Max

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

11. pilpaX amateur-science.com Registered Senior Member

Have you seen the film I robot where A.I. takes "Three Laws of Robotics" to seriously and tries to take over world, because people are self destructive and it wants to protect people, which is true, isnt it? So the A.I. wants peace but then comes Will Smith and blows everythig up. And in the end they call it happy ending.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, that rotten Will Smith was nothin' but a damned radical criminal and should have been shot on sight!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Humans will have peace ONLY when all humans think and act exactly alike all the time, with no deviation.

Baron Max

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Baron, that sounds very 1984, do you feel that two plus two must equal five?

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No, it's not. I just used the word "fighting" (highlighted, btw) because of lack of a better word. Maybe the word "work" would be fine, but it sounds kinda odd...

You don't need to go to war to make peace.

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Not really. Everyone would be bored to death in such situation. We would probably all commit suicide...

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Then perhaps you can tell us how to do it ....with so many people in complete disagreement about many and varied issues of the nation and the world.

How do we accomplish it? How do we get everyone to agree on everything?

Baron Max

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

All that we need is what, in psychology, we call a "win-win situation". When you have 5% of the world population controlling over 80% of the wealth, and 3 billion people are starving, you don't have a win-win situation, do you? :bugeye:

18. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

when i first saw the name of the thread i thought you were leaving

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But that doesn't explain how you're going to accomplish the peace, does it? All you're doing is complaining about the persent situation as you see it.

You keep insisting that peace is possible, yet you don't tell us how to do it! That sounds to me more like you're a damned politician than a doo-gooder who knows any-fuckin'-thing!

Baron Max

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Me!? Leaving!? No way!! I'll be a thorn in the feet of sciforums until the end!

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No, I'm not a politician...

It all has to do with the allocation of resources. If we can make the system allocate resources properly, in a way that benefits the whole society, then we can have peace. And that includes decreasing the $400 billion+ US military budget....

Heck, we spend billions of dollars per year with perfumes! Do you know the opportunity cost of that money!? We could improve the standard of living of many people! :bugeye:

Maybe it all comes down to changing our values......

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Or maybe it comes down to not talking/discussing things or which we know little or nothing? We "hired" politicians to run our goverment, and we have the power of the vote to change what we think we need. But if we aren't going to listen to our elected officials, then what kind of government do we want? ...."Government by Protest"? "Government by the Loudest Group"? "Government by Individual Vote on Every Single Issue"?

Or is it that we just like to hear our lips flap together? And smelling the hot air that comes blasting forth from our mouths?

Baron Max

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member