your first concert ever

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by cole grey, Sep 21, 2006.

1. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

My mom took me and my brother to see David Bowie when I was a little kid.
    Serious Moonlight tour.
    I cried when he sang "china girl", I guess I thought it was a sad song.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

In the late 60's they used to have free concerts in Hyde Park and I guess those were the first concerts I went to. At one of them there was The Nice, Ten Years After, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, Edgar Broughton Band and that band that Eric Clapton formed with Stevie Winwood after Cream split up.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Savage Gardens at Docklands Arena London, great experiance.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pasquala Living on a Prayer Registered Senior Member

Alice Cooper and Three Dog Night, I think I was 5 years old. Can't really remember. I have been to a lot of concerts. It might of been H R Puff n Stuff on ice.

8. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

First concert ever I saw Incubus and Hoobustank (Back when they were still Hoobustank, rather than Hoobastank) together. I saw them with my two brothers and it was a complete blast. I was especially psyched because Incubus was and is my favorite band and Hoobustank was my second favorite. Everybody boo'ed Hoobustank, which pissed me off. They called them "Hooba-stink" and "Hooba-suck." Which, of course they do now. But back then they were great. But they still put on an awesome show. "Pieces" is an awesome live song.

Of course Incubus was amazing. I really didn't expect them to sound so good.

9. The Damned at the 100 Club in London, '76 I think. Unlike the Pistols, they actually managed to play their entire set.

10. Roman Banned Banned

You're a fossil, Mr. A!

11. Genji Registered Senior Member

Fleetwood Mac in '79

12. Yes. I suppose I am, somewhat. I aged a damn sight better than John Lydon though...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

My first concert was Blue Oyster Cult.

14. Genji Registered Senior Member

"Don't Fear the Reaper" is one of my all time faves.

15. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Incubus...it was like magic. Too bad my dumbass forgot my glasses so everything was a magical blur.

16. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

*embarssed*...the backstreet boys...about a year ago....it was good

17. Fathoms Banned Banned

The Vancouver Folk Festival in 1997 at Jericoh Beach. Ani Difranco was headlining. I went with my step-dad. After that it was Summersault 2000 at BC Place (Deftones, Foo Fighters, Our Lady Peace, Smashing Pumpkins... A Perfect Circle skipped out at the last minute).

18. Fathoms Banned Banned

I'd also like to point out the redundancy of this thread title.

19. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

i went to see "bomb the base" when i was like 13 or 14 it was kinda cool

20. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

im still pissed from missing the download festival dues to confilct with exam dates, my first concert was going with my dad to see radiohead, which is where most of my extreme liking for them stems from

21. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Josh White, an old blues icon, at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in 1960. The first well-known act I saw was the Kingston Trio at the same venue a few months later. I was in college and folk music was all the rage so I saw the Limeliters, the Weavers, Peter Paul & Mary, Buffy Sainte Marie, etc.

The first bona fide rock and roll concert was Pacific Gas & Electric in a West Hollywood club (near but not on the Sunset Strip) in 1965. My first stadium concert was Creedence Clearwater Revival in 1970. My first insane outdoor hundred-thousand-people-football-stadium concert was the Rolling Stones in 1980 or 81. My first Third World take-over-the-whole-city festival was the Reggae Sunsplash in 1984.

The most memorable was Pink Floyd doing The Wall, from the 16th row. A close second was Aerosmith right after they dried out and went on a small-venue tour to get back in practice, in a place that held about 2,500 people. The spaciest was Tangerine Dream with a laser light show. The most intimate was Linda Ronstadt in a club back when the Eagles were her backup band, sitting close enough to touch my Tucson homie--but didn't. The most moving was Shakira doing the whole evening in Spanish, surrounded by every Colombian in the northeastern USA. The scariest was a Lynyrd Skynyrd survivor reunion, surrounded by every Redneck in Los Angeles. The one I regret missing was Pearl Jam, and the ones I'm so glad I saw several times were the Dead and Zappa. The most awful was Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel was in town and there was a rumor they'd show up at each other's concerts but they didn't.

Most recent was Starsailor, a couple of weeks ago.

Rubik and Genji: The group that I have seen the most times may well be the Blue Oyster Cult. But ironically I loved their first three albums when they were still doing acid rock. I thought "Don't Fear the Reaper" was a sellout to get on AM radio.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  22. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

what i would give to have seen peter greens fleetwood mac

23. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

But "your first concert" sounds so dry.
    "Your first concert EVER" would have been even better.
    It just sounds so fun.