a few comments

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by spuriousmonkey, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Since I am going to be banned anyway for today I can close of with a few comments.

1. This is now the second incident in a few months where someone who threatened another member in real life has let go with a warning. This is unacceptable. What happens in sciforums stays in sciforums. A perm ban is just the only acceptable action. Not even giving a punishment is just ridiculous.

2. The moderaters should grow some backbone. Political correctness will kill a forum. Keeping stalkers/leechers/agressive nuts around kills a forum. Delusional nuts you can live with and can be entertaining. But not asshole nuts.

3. There cannot be a scientific discussion with no moderation.

4. And if any of the fuckers think they can troll me without me responding they can kiss my hairy ass. Several times.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

when was the other incident spurious?

and are you really going to be banned? i havent seen any evidence to suggest so

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

what real life threatening incident?

I do not support this if it occurred but evidence is required or at least details

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

they can stick their tongue in mine

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

i suppose you didn't read where ron the dick told invert that he(ron) should cut inverts throat?

9. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

what is the other incident

10. leopold Valued Senior Member

have no idea.
    but i must admit ron the numbnuts quip was enough to get ANYONE banned.

11. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

well, it should have been but obviously it didnt

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

The other incident was Valich threatening to find Spurious' school and talk shit on him or something like that. I think Valich was just being... dumb and didn't intend to do anything like that. But, at the same time, I can understand Spurious getting upset by it. He has a career and he could be sabotauged in that by unscrupulous people.

As to Ron...
    Yeah. He really should have been banned.
    I'm rather surprised that he wasn't.
    I mean. I'm not scared of the old fart, Ron. But, it was the perfect excuse to rid ourselves of him for good.
    If a death threat doesn't bring about an immediate permaban then what does?

Hell. I could always get him prosecuted for it... Muaha!
    But that would be way too much hassle.

James made the wrong choice, I think.

I'd be interested to hear his reasoning.

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Tor,

[post=1148544]Link[/post].

14. Bells Staff Member

I have to agree. Threatening other members with bodily harm or any kind of threat to others or their careers, family, etc is not acceptable, be it in real life or in a forum.

I, and many others, have been members here for quite a few years and we have seen others be permanently banned for all sorts of reasons, some trivial and some not. I have always seen James as being a fair moderator but not in this instance. The member in question has stalked another member, until she had to stop posting and he got away with it. He has now threatened another member with bodily harm and he only gets a warning? As much as I like and respect you James, you've dropped the ball on this one. You have threatened to ban members for being abusive or insulting but threatening another member with slicing their throat is only a warnable offence? James! Where is the James I know and have known since I first ever posted here in 2001? He would never have accepted this kind of behaviour.

15. Rick Valued Senior Member

heh.
    I am not a sucker for those things; i know people can sound something like imma track you down etc etc. but you have to understand that most of the times these are just immature kids who happen to stumble accross someone who is challenging their dimwitted persona.

Anyways Relax Dude,
    Rick

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

bells,
    i agree.
    but in this particular case i can understand the reason he didn't.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  17. Rick Valued Senior Member

wait, you have 14k posts? you should be banned dammit!

lol

ps: are you home employed? mmm that must be a lot of fun if you have someone to hang around with

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.