War on fascism requires dictatorial powers, fervent nationalism

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Destroyer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Destroyer Banned Banned

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

So one must fight fascism with fascism? That way no matter who wins, the fascists are in power.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Geez, why don't we just let the terrorists do anything they want to do? I mean, hell, we could do the same with rapists and murderers, too, right? Oh, hell, why not just let all criminals do what they want without any consequences at all?

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Precisely what I was thinking, Fraggle.

8. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

alfred e. newman is my new messiah.

9. Genji Registered Senior Member

They knocked down two buildings 5 years ago. The irrational fear is building the conservative Christian police state. I'm not scared of a handful of foreign religious freaks. I'm scared of a government that promotes fear and relies on it to stay in power. Grow some balls America.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, you might not be scared, but the 3,000 people in those two buildings probably were! It's easy not to be scared when you're not the one being killed or maimed ....but what if it's the plane that YOU are riding on?

Baron Max

11. Genji Registered Senior Member

If I were killed on 9/11 it's still 3k people. Tragic and shit but it's a single act committed 5 years ago. Why would my death make my opinion change?? Watch the film "V for Vendetta" sometime. It makes my point well.

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The reason those people died is that the City of New York outlawed asbestos insulation when the Towers were half complete. It was impossible to make the upper parts of the building as fire-resistant as they were supposed to be. The other types of insulation were heavier than the lower part of the building could support. So they used less than they should have, as much as the building could support, and just did the best they could.

The buildings were actually designed to withstand a direct hit by a jetliner with a full fuel tank. The possibility haunts architects, they think about these things, they're professionals. Unlike the morons who run this country and the City of New York. Because of the new rule on asbestos, the buildings were destroyed.

The asbestos in those buildings would have killed at most one or two people in an entire frelling century. Assuming no advances in medicine to cure it in 100 years, of course. In order to save those lives, the buildings were not build to do their jobs, and 3,000 people died.

Baron, this is what happens when you ignore statistical methods. This is what happens when you let emotion overcome reason. This is what happens when you say dumb crap about how "it's a hundred percent for the people who died."

Do you get it now? Some moron did an irrational risk analysis and thousands died, because he was listening to someone like you. Someone who said, "Don't distract me with statistics. I know how people feel. They're afraid of asbestos. Don't use it. I don't care what the consequences are."

Well 3,000 people don't feel at all any more, because they're dead.

Please don't do this to someone else because you're too emotional to deal rationally with statistics.

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Works for Bush and Cheney.