Peaceful schmeaceful - who wants gum?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by GeoffP, Sep 18, 2006.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

A lovely little bit of religious irony in action: "if you dare question our rigid commitment to peace, we will kill you". Pictures from an islamic (unless they misunderstand it? it seems there's no one in the entire ummah who really 'gets it' these days) protest at a Catholic church in London. They seem to be holding all Catholics responsible for the Pope's statement. 'Curse the Pope', 'Conquer Rome'...honestly, next thing you know there'll be signs out like "Behead those who insult islam" and "Europe, the next Holocaust is coming!" Thank goodness we've never seen those kind of signs out before...have we?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What people consistently fail to understand is that islam is not peaceful, at least not in the sense meant by most people: 'insult' (meaning any questioning of islamic theology) is met with attacks, often or usually violent. In islamic countries, this is the nature of dhimmitude. Abroad in the "dar al-Harb" ("world on which to make war")...well, you get the general idea. 'Conquer', 'curse', and by all means protest outside a Catholic church. And make it a nice broad attack. Threaten, insult, etc.

Of course, bad and disgusting as this is, it's nothing like Christians in the good old dar-al-islam are experiencing right now: attacks on churches, murders, and unspecified-deity-knows-what-else. Of course islam isn't violent - and it isn't the most violent where it is dominant. 'Course not.

Correlation isn't causation, so I'm told. Ah well.

Can there be a moderate islam? Maybe. But where are the moderates? Try as we might, they seem harder even to locate than Osama Bin Laden. At least he writes or sends a thoughtful video now and then.

http://catholiclondoner.blogspot.com/2006/09/very-rushed-post.html

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear Geoff

thank you for this.

have you not made points similar to this before geoff or are you just starting another thread in which you can islamobash!!

From someone of you undoubted intellect i was hoping for a thread more thought full.

Kind regards

Zak

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

That's really the part that bothers me the most! The Muslim religion, as a whole, does not, NOT, come out and condemn such actions ....which leads me to believe that they're condoning it or, at the least, turning a blind eye to the violence in the name of Islam. And if they do that, how can they cry about discrimination and hatred of their religion from others?

We're at war, gentlemen, whether you know it and accept it or not. In time, the rest of the moderate world will join in that war, too ....they won't be able to set this one out, because the Muslims are bringing the war right to their doorstep.

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear Baron

Thank you for your post

you basically have muslims and then you have these fucked up sects like whabbi...

i dont like the terming moderate muslims or extremist muslims.

Oh and by the way Baron when did this war of yours start as you make me assume it is against mulsims

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Who fuckin' cares?! Muslims still will not denounce terrorism ....by whichever fuckin' radical group it is!

No one gives a shit what you like or don't like! Muslims are violent people and have proven it over and over again ......while all other Muslims stand by and say nothing in the way of condemnation of the violence. Fuck 'em ....all of them!

Baron Max

9. Destroyer Banned Banned

Quite.

10. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

hello baron

Thank you for your post and i hope all is good with you.

what even you 2 muslims friends who are quite nice.

Muslims in general are not violent and when has this been proved again and again

11. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

HEY BARON

i am interested to know who we are fighting this war aghainst

12. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Here? Here? Here? Or here?

13. Facts Banned Banned

Just like with the cartoons they show us with their rampage the peace of islam.

14. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

hello facts
    yes these muslim leaders are so predictable

Pragmatism is not a word in their voacabulary

15. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

It does not require complex analysis or reasoning to understand that the majority of muslims are not politically violent. There is not any human society that can be legitimately dismissed as homogenously "terrorist" or intrinsicly violent.

Mostly what is displayed when one overgeneralizes in this way are intellectual dishonesty, ignorance, and hateful cultural bias.

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Ooh - just noticed this thread had a response a while back.

No, hype. What is displayed is an understanding of societolegal trends in a host country. This is a fact not easily dismissed.

17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

What is instead displayed is (as I already remarked 5 months ago) nothing more than overgeneralization. You are projecting fringe behavior (even if in some instances ruling-fringe behavior) upon entire populations. It would be a similar error (and not a "fact" or "understanding of societolegal trends" as you say) to pronounce Americans belligerent neoconservatives.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So islamic nations enact no laws against homosexuals, against women, against religious minorities? And those laws enjoy - what? no acceptance? Of course.

No, hype. 'Fringe behaviour' here is a reflection of political islam; the notion that one cannot criticize islam is a fact of jurisprudence deeply invested in the nations - all of them - of the ummah, let alone that there seem to be crowds of 'well-meaning' citizens prepared to enforce such correct observance. It is not comparable to American conservatism - and, where it is, I similarly reject American conservatism. If American conservative law permitted the execution of gay people, I would oppose that also. If you wish to make the case that individuals reared in such a society are fed islam by their governments, then so be it: my position still applies.

Moreover, if it's a "ruling-fringe" behaviour, then it's a ruling-fringe behaviour that has been quite successful to date. It only occurs in 64 islamic countries worldwide, which is to say: all of them.

19. okayillgonow Productive-Industrialist Registered Senior Member

That's true. However, To put it simply, not ALL Muslims are bad; however Muslim extremists don’t bother good Muslims due to having the same religion. Muslims are not evil; only individuals, who think killing an "infidel" is justified, are evil.

Racism will not fix the terrorist problem. Also, because, in these arab/muslim nations, the Islamic State is the highest priority, rather than personal or individual freedoms (Islamofascism), muslims don't have a say in the terrorist problem. It's also because, although muslims can justify the violence caused by muslim extremists, muslims don't & will not try to stop the muslim extremist movement because:

1. Muslim extremists are of Islam, so muslims don't find it right to harm/obstruct people of the same religion;
    2. Muslims don't want to be harmed via muslim extremists.

20. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Don't you ever get bored?

how many motherfukin' times have you said this? homes, I get bored just reading your posts. We up out this bitch

Negro, that is bullshit!

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And yet, you still want to comment. If I've said "this" many times, and you're bringing attention to this, then are you stipulating that I'm right?

Yes, I'm habitually dunned by your faultless logic and the depth of your discourse. Oh, no, no more, please.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

What the fuck you been smoking homes? Robert Spencer's dick?

Uh-huh, understand this
    I don't give a fuck about what y'all talkin about
    I ain't tryin to hear none of that shit
    Nigga I'ma do what I wanna do
    When I wanna do it, how I wanna do it
    And you better hope I don't do it to you
    Now, I don't care what momma got to say
    I don't care what grandmomma got to say
    Nigga I'm grown
    Let me tell you a lil' somethin about me

I was born not to give a fuck, wanna drink, get your cup
    Turn it up, throw it up, take the world, blow it up
    Somebody slow it up, roll it up, smoke it up
    My own momma can't keep me from loc'n up
    One ear out the other, one man out to smother
    The neighborhood, that left me here without my brother
    Fuck you undercovers and you dirty motherfuckers
    In the hood, that still fuck without rubbers
    Club hop, bar hop, car shop, nail shop
    To the mall, spend it all, why the hell not
    What bills, what rent, don't know what's spent
    Why you care, do you work for the government?

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Wow. Another-paragon-of-nothingness-post. So your message is: nothing matters. That makes even less sense than I've come to expect from you. U da hood, man!!11!1!

So how are your friends at MPACUK doing? Jewish breathing still got them down?