Shooting at CANADIAN School!?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Sep 14, 2006.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Wtf...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14818183/
    Man opens fire at Canadian school, killing one
    Gunman wounds at least 19 others in Montreal before being slain by police

"MONTREAL - A man in a black trench coat and a mohawk haircut opened fire Wednesday at a downtown Montreal college, wounding at least 20 people, one of whom died later at a hospital, before police shot and killed him, witnesses and authorities said. "

Whassup with that!?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

American influence?

Very disappointing....

Anyways... anyone heard from Tyler? He goes to school in Montreal...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Blackrain Registered Senior Member

I'm just wating on the News break that says he visited Afghanistan, or Iran for Terrorist Training. Or how he emalied Bin Laden back in 98.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What I can't believe is that he/they apparently had automatic weapons and shot numerous rounds ......and I think only killed one person! He must have been the lousiest marksman on the face of the planet!! ...maybe even in the entire Universe!

And lest ya'll forget .....there were some 65 Iragis that were tortured and killed by Iraqi insurgents, so that should put this all in a bit of perspective. The Montreal shootings weren't such a big deal in comparison, huh?

Oops ...or are Canadians more important than Iraqis????????

Baron Max

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Genji Registered Senior Member

65 traitors were killed in Iraq by rebels resisting occupation. They are the equivalent of our Founding Fathers as Rotting Reagan would say. And to Americans; Of course Canadians are more important than non-white Muslims.

Genji

Genji

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No. But you wouldn't expect that in Canada!
    You would expect it in the US...!

9. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Shut up, you.

So quick to judge. Why the hostility? Why are you always so cold-hearted and judgemental?

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Why? Because I'm speaking the truth?

I'm not those things. It's the facts, man. The US has the greatest population per capita in the planet. The same for the number of weapons per capita. So it is perfectly normal to expect such thing to happen in the US- certainly not in Canada.

11. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

You mean they have the most guns?
    Canada have a lot of guns too - see bowling for columbine.

And yes, I'm surprised this is in canada, and not the US.
    There are cultural differences, between the two that many would see as the reason this sort of gun violence is less common in canada.

12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yes, and automatic weapons are illegal. Many types of weapons are banned. That means no shootings or gun crimes are supposed to happen yet they still do. All those laws stop criminals! This story is made-up and actually happened in the U.S. because gun crimes don't happen in places where guns are banned.

When will people learn passing laws like that are all in vain and won't stop what they're trying to stop. Criminals will always have access to guns and will do their looney things. They're only hurting innocent law-abiding citizens. If only those kids were strapped, they could have blown that dude to smitherines the moment his first shot went off.

- N

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Here we go. Before I clicked on the link to open this thread I was thinking: "blame America."

Does anyone have orginal thoughts anymore?

Let's blame VIDEO GAMES!

Oh wait... that doesn't work.

Let's just give these kids Adderall and things will be O.K.! Then, we can tell his parents that it isn't their fault... it's society's fault. Let's just alleviate blame from those closest to the "victim of America."

14. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Neildo, the gun homicide rate in america (per person - not overall), is 10 times the rate it is in australia, and 30 times what it is in Britain!

if I lived in usa i'd own a gun too.

year 2000 (per 100,000)

United States 3.72
    Canada 0.76
    AUS 0.44
    england/wales 0.11

I read that paper neildo.
    Where are they getting their stats from?

even this website shows very different stats
    http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvinco.html

15. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

I'm calling bullshit on those stats neildo.

16. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

this site also paints a very different picture
    http://www.converge.org.nz/pma/gunaus.htm

"There was a decrease of almost 30% in the number of homicides by firearms from 1997 to 1998."

-- Australian Crime - Facts and Figures 1999. Australian Institute of Criminology. Canberra, Oct 1999

"In Canada, where new gun laws were introduced in 1991 and 1995, the number of gun deaths has reached a 30-year low.

Two years ago in the United Kingdom, civilian handguns were banned, bought back from their owners and destroyed. In the year following the law change, Scotland recorded a 17% drop in all firearm-related offences. The British Home Office reports that in the nine months following the handgun ban, firearm-related offences in England and Wales dropped by 13%."

17. VitalOne Banned Banned

Goths......

18. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

http://www.clubtroppo.com.au/2006/09/01/lies-damn-lies-and-gun-crime-statistics/

Table 4 in this publication shows that the number of male suicides with firearms has been declining since 1994, but by far the biggest falls were between 1996 and 1997 and 1997 and 1998. Overall the number of male firearm suicides has more than halved– from 369 out of 1931 to 164 out of 1661.”

“In 2005 in Australia as a whole there were 26 murders with firearms, about 10% of the total number of murders in Australia. This is a rate of 0.127 per 100,000 persons. The murder rate with guns has been falling rapidly over the past 5 years, at least halving since 2001. WA appears to have a slightly higher murder rate than the Australian average (it is highest by far in the Northern Territory)

http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/subscriber.nsf/0/A05E3DBEC1109735CA257178001B69FC/$File/45100_2005.pdf

According to the Statistical Abstract of the United States, in 2003 about 67% of the 14,493 murders in the US were committed with a gun. The murder rate in the USA roughly halved between 1980 and 2003, but in 2003 this was a murder rate of 5.6 per 100,000 persons. Taking 67% of 5.6 gives a murder rate with guns of 3.74 per 100,000 persons.

This is just under 30 times the Australian murder rate with guns. This is because the overall murder rate in the US is roughly 4.4 times the Australian level and the share of murders committed with guns is roughly 6.7 times the Australian level.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/tables/06s0297.xls
    http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/tables/06s0300.xls

19. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I know: let's blame guns - or, more specifically easy access to them.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

And TV.

The description of the guy reminds me of 'taxi driver'.

21. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I regularly watch violent films. I'm yet to shoot anyone. But, then, I don't have easy access to guns - or I surely would.

Actually, I plan to acquire an automatic weapon and hunt gun-lovers. Who's with me?

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

if it's pink and matches my shoes I'm in.

23. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Click