Dealing with idiots in authority

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by francois, Sep 12, 2006.

1. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

There’s this teacher I have for a class called Administration in Organization, or something like that. This guy is about 65 years old, is funny, charismatic and very personable. He has us call him Dr. Bob. Like many people I’ve met who have a similar array of these characteristics, Bob is a certifiable moron.

He was introducing the students to the class and the curriculum and the subject. I forget the exact context. (I think we were digressing about diversity.) He asked the class, “Can anyone here tell me who the first president of the United Sta—“

Blasting dead skin cells off his face, I ejaculated, “George Washington!”

He replied, “Nope! It was John Adams. George Washington succeeded John Adams. John Adams was the first president.”

He then went on, “Now, don’t you think that we, as citizens of the country should know this information?”

I was about to correct him, but I thought there was some kind of technicality. Was he joking? I let it slide. Nobody in the entire classroom corrected him. Literally, everybody in my class (This is a class that juniors take in college.) left the room thinking John Adams was the first president. How could this happen?

Of course, I looked it up on the Internet and I was right, ashamed of myself for doubting. PhD, my ass! How do these idiots slip through the system?

Today, we were discussing behavior and its determinants. He asked the class, “Now, does genetics affect a person’s intelligence.”

I innocently replied, “Yes!”

“Wrong. If you could prove the effects of genetics on intelligence, you’d be a rich man.”

Is this guy for real? Fucking look it up, you senile piece of shit! The difference of IQ scores between identical twins is about the same difference as the same person taking the IQ test twice!

Bob (Fucking weird that is name is Bob, huh?) then digresses about how he is smarter than the other people in his family because he went to school and got his PhD and blah, blah, fucking blah. His rationale was that genetics doesn’t account for his intelligence (or lack thereof) because he’s smarter than his grandparents. Genetics and intelligence?—nope. I have a PhD. I am an authority. Look out!

We leave it at that. The class learns that genetics has no influence on intelligence. Ignorance wins again. Unbelievable.

FOCUS:
    Do you have any experiences similar to this? Share!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Myabe the joke's on you.

The class is, after all, called Organization in Administration. Teaches you how to deal with moronic administrators.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

That's what I originally thought. But further speculation revealed that the dude is a certified moron. A true monkey fist. It's not a joke.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Talk to his boss or something?

Do you ever get to fill out evaluation forms? Cause you need to complain hardcore, especially since you're paying for this education. "education." "EDUCATION" IN QUOTES! LOL YAH RITE!!!

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Shoot him ...so he can't pollute other kids minds. And don't worry, the idiot authorities will let you off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist!

Baron Max

9. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

There was this one guy we had, this was for Design and Technology at A-Level.

His memory was unbelievably bad. We had him for two years and at the end he still didn’t know the names of us lads (about 8 of us), he knew all the girls tho (he was always competing with his assistant for their attention). Though he didn’t know our names he had a lot of respect for us, he would take us seriously – it was the exact opposite with the girls, he had no respect for them. Whenever one of us guys said something that made him angry, he would shout at the girls, just like that, so blatantly. He never said a bad word to us guys, he never shouted at us.

He would repeat the same lesson at least 3 times, he would keep going over the same thing not realising that he’d already covered it. As a result we began skiving his lessons, we could skive the lessons and not worry about bumping into him later on in the day as he would have forgotten by then. We even went as far as playing cricket just outside the classroom/workshop, the idiot couldn’t recognise us. There was this one time he was preparing an exam for us, he was working on it at his desk but then had to pop out, a mate of mines thieved the exam paper, the guy came back and… DIDN’T EVEN NOTICE – How the fuck is that possible?!?!, there were no other exam papers on his desk!!! He wasn’t working on anything else, How the fuck is that possible????. My mate made photocopies of it and handed it out to everyone.

I remember me and my mate were sitting at a computer doing some CAD when he walked in, in the corner of my eye I noticed he stopped and was looking towards us, we both turned around and he said ‘You better have a good reason for being here’

What the FUCK!!! We’re in your lesson trying to do the work you set us! :bugeye:

He stood around for abit with this confused look on his face then walked off.

The guy was a complete idiot.

I don’t think anyone here can top that.

10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i pooped my pants.

i dont think anyone can top that.

11. heliocentric Registered Senior Member

People in education are some of thickest people ive encountered, doesnt suprise me atall.

12. Bum Bum Registered Member

I can top ur poop!!!!!!I just had THE most amazing hangover piss!!!

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Perhaps. But there's only a few of them ...wait until you get out in the real world of employment, industry and commerce, ye're gonna' be truly amazed and astounded. You'll likely look back on your years in education with some nostalgia and longing! ...LOL!

Baron Max

14. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

It's not people in education, but rather in general: most people are fucking retarded so don't be surprised when they fall short of your expectations.

15. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Hahahaha, thanks for that. I feel much better now.

Woodshop was such a fun class in high school. Mainly because the teacher was an idiot/redneck and everyone would mock him. He was like 40 years old, balding, had a piece of shit rustbucket and a double digit IQ, which I assume is a requisite for being a woodshop teacher. Lol. Literally, nobody took that ass seriously.

I wonder if other people had similar woodshop experiences.

16. Sgal Principessa Registered Senior Member

I have had several teachers explain to the class that there has been a mistake about who the first president really was. They have said it was really John Adams but I don't know where they are getting their info from.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And you just sat there and didn't ask?????? Yet you wait to come onto the sciforums and post it ....as if you're somehow proud to have heard that, but didn't check it out or ask any questions? What the fuck does that say about you???

Baron Max

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

The idiot is you.
    Genetics have no effect on intelligence.
    Your reasoning is the most moronic form of deduction.
    Twins score similarly. Therefore, intelligence is genetic.
    1. Some twins score similarly. Some twins do not score similarly.
    2. Even if all sets of twins scored similarly, it is not proof that intellience is genetic.
    3. You are retarded.
    4. You would not be a rich man for proving intelligence is genetic. It is not going to happen. It never will happen. You might as well be trying to prove that a square is round like a circle. It will never happen becaus a square will never be round like a circle. Just like intelligence will never be a genetic trait.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  19. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

When are you going to learn that this is a science forum? When refuting somebody's claim, you should use--you'll never believe this--science.

I can't believe I'm spending time explaining this to you, because the relationship between intelligence and genetics are extremely well documented, and as such, a part of mainstream psychology. In other words, any idiot who has taken a Psychology course should know this.

Let me tell you something about correlation. If two variables do not relate to each other in any way, they can be said to have a correlation value of zero. If two variables vary with each other at an absolute constant and do not ever deviate from that constant, the correlation is said to have a value of 1.

The results of a single person taking an IQ test multiple times will likely correlate with each other a great deal. It will likely not be a correlation value of 1, because he probably won't get the same exact score every time he tests.

If, like you said, genetics played no part in intelligence, the correlation between the test scores of identical twins (We're talking identical here.) wouldn't be very high. But that is NOT the case. In fact, the correlation is .86 (wiki link - iq . VERY high. It's almost like the same person taking the test twice.

While you're at it, read the whole article. It clearly proves my point.

Now it's your turn. Disprove me with science.

20. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

ive never really experienced a retard per se although i did have a real knob for a teacher. i always was the one who was blamed when my friends were messing around, he even admited that i would be the first one he would give a bollocking to. one example i remember particularly well is when a friend was flicking ME (not the other way round) with an elastic band when i was trying to work. teacher comes round and tells ME off for distracting him. end result i tell him to fuck off get a life and leave me alone, i get isolation

21. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I had that experience year after year in grade school, in a hick town in Arizona. Imagine how much worse it is if you're only ten or twelve years old and you already know more than the teacher. I remember one time somebody asked our high school English teacher to diagram the sentence, "This is a good one."

"Well let's see now. We know that 'one' is always an adjective, so... where does it go now? Here? No, here? No, not there either. Ummm..."

He finally saved face by telling us that "one" was the adjective modifying an "understood" noun... which he didn't know since he "had not been given the complete text."

Right. How much English does one have to study before one learns that at the very least "one" can also be a frelling pronoun? Not that it was in that sentence, but it might have gotten one's gears turning.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In America teachers have this wonderful thing called "tenure." Once you've squeaked by for enough years, you're untouchable. They only thing you can be fired for is having sex with a student, and even that is fairly new and isn't consistently enforced beyond high school.

22. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

That's exactly like this guy. He's been teaching at my school for 30 years and he's a total imbecile.

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

It does not prove your point whatsoever. I already showed you the flaws in your reasoning. You have responded using the same flawed reasoning. If you wish to respond about why your reasoning is not flawed, I suggest you respond accordingly to what I stated whas the reason.
    You obviously no nothing whatsoever about actual science. I suggest you go visit the pseudoscience section when discussing your so called, well documented findings of what you claim to be your oh so precious basic psychology.

Twins score similarly. Therefore, intelligence is genetic.
    1. Some twins score similarly. Some twins do not score similarly.
    2. Even if all sets of twins scored similarly, it is not proof that intellience is genetic.
    3. You are retarded.
    4. You would not be a rich man for proving intelligence is genetic. It is not going to happen. It never will happen. You might as well be trying to prove that a square is round like a circle. It will never happen becaus a square will never be round like a circle. Just like intelligence will never be a genetic trait.

The study of the mind is a science. However, much of the findings under the science of psychology is under speculation. Of course, you believe all the findings in psychology as 100% pure fact with the blind faith of the psychotic fanatic that you are.
    Either way, there is nothing scientific about your so called findings that intelligence is genetic. You have zero legitimate proof for this. You have nothing, and will never have nothing because it is clear and fact in real science (not your mentally deficient pseudoscience) that genetics have no effect on intelligence.

It is easy for an individual who lacks the facilities of logic to make the mistake of claiming something logically and scientifically impossible such as genetics causing intelligence is scientific fact. Then furthermore, base it on an extremely flawed experiment on twins. You have no regard whatsoever for actual science.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006