How To Know When You're Being Used?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Sep 12, 2006.

1. sderenzi Banned Banned

Please just post some of your own experiences of being used, by friends, relatives, or a significant other. Let us know what we can do to insure we aren't being used ourselves.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Man... if I lived near you I'd take you out for a beer and a game of pool or something. You need some fun of the non-Carmen variety.

You're going to end up raping and shooting Carmen the way things are going. It is Carmen, right? The reason behind you making this thread?

Make something happen or move on. Quickly, either way.
    Join a club or find a hobby that involves other people. Internet anything doesn't count. Find an outlet before you have some kind of breakdown.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

I don't get used.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Genji Registered Senior Member

You could be....care for a drink?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Vokda and coke, with a dash of rohypnol. Shaken, not stirred.

9. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

well i could imagine it would be when you start posting about problems to strangers on an online forums

10. Roman Banned Banned

Yes.
    Care for a hate crime?

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

If you don't know that you're being "used", then you aren't by any measure that you might possess.

But then ...can one even survive in a complex human society WITHOUT being used? I don't think so ....isn't that practically the very ideals of "society"?

Baron Max

12. Blackrain Registered Senior Member

WoW, there's actual a few fuctioning neurons left

13. Roman Banned Banned

Just because Baron Max disagrees with you doesn't make him an idiot. He's a pretty bright old man. Just a little bigoted. I think he'd be a great guy to chill with IRL, though.

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

someone used me once.
    i got mad, and told him to stop.

he roundhouse kicked me until i apologized.

i now understand that he wasnt using me, i was there for his enjoyment.

15. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

you survived a roundhouse kick from chuck norris, your super-human

16. Jaster Mereel Hostis Humani Generis Registered Senior Member

Actually, his comment implies that, not only did he not apologize immediately, but he survived multiple roundhouse kicks from Chuck Norris. Not only is he super-human, he must be stupid for not apologizing immediately.

17. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

he is a lier

18. Satyr Banned Banned

I once woke up with my face in my own vomit, my pants around my ankles and a wet stain on the sheets next to me.

I felt used but…..surprisingly happy.

Thank you Buddha1 and Sciforums.

19. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I met this sweet older couple when I worked in civil service and we contracted with their company. I kept running into them at professional conferences and such and we became friends. They were impressed with me, and when I started thinking about bailing out of government work they offered me a job. It was a huge pay cut, but it seemed fair because when your resume has nothing on it but government work hiring managers just toss it in the trash without a second glance. It was my only chance to stop beating my head against the bureaucrats every day and make my mark in the efficient, progressive private sector.

They hired several other people at the same time. They were taking on more contracts than they could administer well, just to pump up their annual revenue. This made the company look more valuable, and they sold it for a huge profit to a big corporation. It turned out to be a hostile takeover to keep the corporation from having to modernize its own processes in order to compete with us. After the 365-day guaranteed employment in the takeover agreement, they laid us all off.

I went from a stressful but well-paid and fairly secure government job to more than a year of unemployment. A real baptism of fire into the private sector.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I don't know, of course, but I'd bet that you're one of the sciforum posters who rants and raves about the US government spending so much money. Is that true?

Baron Max