Who's seen the Protector?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Chiraque, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Chiraque The Bob Registered Senior Member

Is it any good? My friend tells me there's a lot of ass kicking, but no story whatsoever. Which sounds perfect, if that's truly the case.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sderenzi Banned Banned

I've seen The Protector. Let me tell you something about this movie guys, it's so funny you'll be laughing yourself out of the chair at the end! I couldn't believe how they turned a good idea into a joke..... it's so hilarious, especially when one guy rips a head off a stone statue as if it were confetty, then another spins an elephant around in a circle as if he's wrestling it.

Also the most boring scenes are when he's fighting multiple people at once, it's almost as boring as watching the movie upside down, ahahaha. I can't believe they released this piece of trash.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sderenzi Banned Banned

Another thing I'd like to mention, this movie is so completely silly it makes me feel like it was originally made to be a comedy. The funny parts are mostly through it all the way. He takes people, punchs, tosses them, but it's like they let him. I see no resistance during the times he fights many opponents, almost to a point it's insane. Also he is walking up these stairs and it's just so stupid, he is basically allowed by the villians to do whatever he wishes, there's no real danger LOL

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sderenzi Banned Banned

This movie is perhaps the funniest I've seen in many years. It inspires me to begin thinking of new ways to utterly fuck up a storyline or actors career. Aside from it being filled with mundane action scenes, the overall feel of the story is just wrong. You find completely terrible plot holes the likes of which any half brained more-on would notice. You also notice ridiculious scenes that just are pointless. I could go on and on about how awful this movie is, and how they make Tony Jaa look like a third rate amatuer. It's so sad really because this movie really needed the directors of Jet Li's films, then it would certainly have been one hell of a flick. I've no idea what the logic surrounding this storyline is, and even if it had no storyline the sheer horribly bad filming of it makes me cringe.

I actually think you should know during the time in the theatre I fell out of my seat laughing, that's how funny this film gets. Not just me though, almost everyone in the audience was laughing so hard it makes me wonder how they could seriously have released this movie in the US.