Out on the Tiles

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Stryder, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I have to admit I live a rather boring mundane existance, I know a bit about computers because I'm constantly infront of one. Why is that you might ask... Well due to my own issues that I don't talk about anymore on here I have pretty much hidden myself away becoming a recluse.

Well tonight... I'm fed up with reclusion.... So I'm going out on the town to party. admittedly the fact that the Magistrates are again after me for a bill that I won't pay (for a TV license for a television I didn't own, in a property I didn't rent, that even the licensing lot stated "the owner of the property should of had a license for the television if it was viewable but in storage") with the threat of "being arrested" might have something to do with it, But quite frankly I no longer give a stuff.

So I'm going out on the tiles, to burn any money I do have and hopefully have a laugh. (This is how you cheer yourself up although stating that I'm not actually completely down.)

So be good sciforumers, maybe I'll post later drunk. (which would probably be a first)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Sorry to hear...
    Where do people get thrown in jail for not having a license...to own a TV!!???

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

The good thing about the UK is that they offer free legal advice for people that can't afford it. Stryder it sounds like you are being unjustly accused of this 'crime' and it would be sad if you were to be dragged through the courts when maybe a simple letter from a legal advice bureau could quash this thing.

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

If anybody has been here as long as I have then they'd be equally surprised by reading this coming from Stryder...wow, go dude.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  9. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

Drink Cleverly

10. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

Nice to see some familiar names after coming back after a few years

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Roman Banned Banned

Kick some ass. Get real drunk, too.

12. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I like a Merlot high. Occasionally I get nicely drunk and am sometimes rude and aggressive to stupid posters but in a light hearted way.

13. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

watch it though stryder dont be too drunk when you post here, i made a huge mistake when i was drunk, i actually believed mattmarr made a serious post oh the shame

14. Blighty, affectionately known universally as the Uooo Kay. The BBC, the major British television broadcaster over here, isn't commercially funded - it exists under a special licence granted by the Government to keep broadcasting "open" where by the BBC in enabled to levy funding from Television Licencing.

If you're a UK resident and own a TV you're required by law to purchase a yearly TV licence, thereby enabling you to watch commercial and non-commercial television programmes.

What can we say, living in the UK is a hoot and a half.

Stryder: enjoy your evening out old man, please do do everything I wouldn't.

When you're sober, this business here:

This'll be for failing to turn up in court when summoned. If you had and had presented your case to the Magistrate, chances are the case would have been dismissed. You were a tenant, it was the landlords responsibility to cover the TV Licence. The outstanding warrant for non attendance is automatic, it won't go away until you do something about it.

First off, Citizens Advice. Give them the jist, run through your options. Basically you've got to approach the Courts by letter, apologising unreservedly for you're non-attendance. If you have any extenuating circumstances, medical history, personal - play it up to the max, act all Coitus The Village Idiot about everything and about the worst you'll get is a 20 quid fine for non-attendance.

Say you weren't resident at the time the summons was delivered, by the time you did find out about it it was already too late and you've not really known what to do for the best ever since.

Providing you haven't made a career out of going on the lamb about the worst you'll get is a slap on the wrist.

By the way, how long ago was this, the original summons?

15. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well I'm back from the tiles, just as a note it's 6am... the clubs stay open far further than they use to. Did I enjoy myself.... well yay... and of course neigh.

Without going to indepth I probably could of had more fun if it hadn't been for the 7+ years reclusion, Yes I stood upon a dance floor and pondered to myself.... "What the **** are people listening to now adays" and "this shiznits crapolla".

Okay I admit I saw some rather attractive females, however since I've been ultimately a man of mystery for such a prelonged period of time.... they all escaped without me even attempting to reel them in. (This is the preverbial "The fish was this big, but it go away" statement)

I'll blaze a rundown of this as short as possible:

1999, I crashed and burned finding myself wrongfully committed to a "Mental Health clinic". (I'm sure for the most of you that will be the pot calling the kettle black.)

The reason I ended up in there.... well a mixture of a run in with a shady "doctor" from Cambridge mentioning Schrodingers cat and my own misuse of cannabis. In short I guess you could suggest that while in my druggard state I came to the conclusion that we are all Schrodingers cat entrapped within the box of the earths atmosphere while the radiological pressence of Broadcasting and telecommunications equipment exists.

This and a number of other smaller conspiracies destined to be no more than some filling for a website kept me in such an establishment. (Not to all those with nutty theories and websites to boot, Delete them and never talk about them ever again to save incarceration... This means you Norval.)

Hospitalisation really p*ssed me off considering I didn't hear voices or see things *Before* being held against my will, which lead me to realise that some of the thoughts, theories and things I had seen were actually externally manipulated.

To cut it as short as possible (and getting quite personal I might add). I can't have a normal life for I am observed 24/7, and have been in this situation before they created *big brother* on television (Yes, I've tried to get myself voted out many a time. And yes that was sarcasm)

This makes it impossible for me to tie down a job, Get educated (which I attempted, but their continued harassment over how gay the tutor was, was too much) and of course find a life with a person of the opposite sex since I don't particular want to place them in halms way by getting involved with me.

This will undoubtably sound crazy to you sciforumers since afterall it would if said to me outside of this whole issue seem crazy to me. There is no simple answer to stopping it (Drugs will not contain an external event) especially since the system doesn't even care if I'm being manipulated like this. In fact they don't even *state* its possible, even though information about the usage of "Biological filters" or even Penroses work suggests otherwise.

In all, the night went smoothly and quietly with those usual "Something could of come from that" thoughts.

As for the telly licensing, they can get their fee from my Cold Dead clammy hands.

16. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

....um...ok

This is a lot to digest from you stryder.

17. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Hey, Drink.... You know it brings out the philosopher in us all. (Notibly in some irrational female that kept stating how "All Males lie", I was a little upset... although I wasn't the subject of the conversation)

On the subject of the actual post... consider I had to squish 8+ years of events into something digestable, so it misses alot of the facts..

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You are the real man stryder. I stayed home baby-sitting while the wife went to a party. 100% Pussy-whipped.