Psychic Gives Advice

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Sep 7, 2006.

?

I Think...

1. It's Real

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It's BS

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  3. It's BS but eerily believable, I'm scared!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. sderenzi Banned Banned

I won't say where I got the psychic's services from, but here is an e-mail that I recieved including with it the primary question for which I paid money to acquire an answer. It's rather interesting, though I still wonder if he's right or not. I guess we'll find out together, but what do you all think?

---------------

I met a girl named Carmen some time back. Initially I had interest in her as a woman, now it's turned to more of a friendly sort of situation. While this is fine for her I'm not certain I can handle it at the present moment. I'm considering giving her a letter I've written explaining it's simply hurtful to see others involved in a relationship, especially when I'm somewhat attracted to them (meaning her). I don't want to cause this person any trouble, as I see it I can't not be attracted to her, why hide that? I need a friend now as well, but I just don't think it can be her. I don't desire to lie an put up a pretend version of who I really am, so maybe it's best to just give her the letter and be done with it. I know it may cause her some hurt (because she likes me as a friend) but it's better now then slowly causing me pain as well. In reality there's no way to ever be anything more I think? Should I be honest or is she going to feel similarly?

Answer:

Hello Sam. I can clealry sense the feelings that you presently have. You and she are clearly attracted to each other. The "friends only" attitude that she has right now is a reflection of her commitment fear. In other words, she believes, correctly, that dating you will involve making a serious romantic decision. Thus, she is afraid to make it. I think that there are other men that she has a *minor* romantic connection with, but these are men that she will not have a true future with. They are wrong for her. Because dating them does not involve a serious decision, she is more comfortable with it.

That being said, you are definitely making a good choice by refusing to be a "friend." This is a relationship that should be romantic, not "friend only." You are only playing games if you pretend that the energy is something that it is not. Thus, you are doing the right thing. However, I do not believe that giving her the letter is a good idea. It won't be a mistake, but you can send a more clear message by simply pulling back from her. In other words, don't communicate with her much, and let your actions reflect a lack of interest. You may think that this will end the connection, but in truth it will cause her to think about what she really wants, and she will try to get closer. Overall, the key is to let your actions speak for you.

If you pull back from her (regardless of whether or not you give her the letter), I sense that she will start to pursue you romantically in about a month. However, your actions must be real and direct. Pulling back means genuinely leaving her alone and seeking to date others. You can do it, and if you do the relationship will have a good future. Hang in there.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. original sine Registered Senior Member

In no way does she sound like a psychic. More like an advice columnist. Hope you didn't pay for her service!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sderenzi Banned Banned

15 bucks, lol What do you mean, it sounds like she is psychic, she doesn't even give advice just her impressions.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

tell you what, dude.....

im psychic. pay me to give you advice. 5 bucks a tidbit. sound good?

8. original sine Registered Senior Member

The advice she gave you was based on the situation you described. When you created the thread asking for advice with Carmen, people on this board posted their advice with the same ability the "psychic" has - reason. She took your $15 and replied with an educated guess to the outcome of your situation. Sorry dude, but you just paid for advice. If you want my advice, she isn't worth it. She took advantage of you ($100 and some manual labor). That might be okay if you are friends, but if you want to get in her bed, find out what happened to the guy who left the kids behind.

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Hey, you should of asked Leeda and paid her $2

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. John99 Banned Banned

Sam the answer you received is the persons assessment, IOW you got a $15 answer.

It is hard not to believe in this ability after watching "psychic detectives" but your "psychic" didnt strain themselves.

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Giving good advice is not difficult if you care about people and have good communication skills. What's difficult is getting people to trust you so they'll listen to your advice.

Some people will do it if you have a certificate on your wall saying you're a licensed psychotherapist. Others believe in astrology so they'll do it if you read their star chart before you give them the advice. Others will trust you if you read their palm, look in a crystal ball, pretend to have a conversation with their dead grandmother, ask Jesus for help... or claim to be "psychic," a nebulous combination of reading minds and seeing the future.

This guy's advice is no better than what we give you, but the important point is that it's no worse. He really is trying to help you and he really does understand how situations like yours work out. Most people won't take our advice because we have no "credentials." But some of those same people will listen to someone who claims to be a psychic, for which I'm positive there is currently no credential program.

As long as they give decent advice I don't have a problem with it. I agree that this person didn't work very hard for his fifteen bucks, but some people get pretty uncomfortable if they get advice that's very much more personal and detailed than this. I don't think you could do better for fifteen dollars. Sure, advice columnists give it away for the price of a newspaper, but they only answer two or three letters a day out of the thousands they receive. If you want to be guaranteed that you'll get an answer, you have to pay somebody.

Besides, what more could he tell you without really being psychic? What did you expect, a videotape of what will happen in the future the next time you see her? You're dealing with the limitations of reality.